1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unheard!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 29, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It was year 2150 AD. Science had been so advanced already in various fields, but the best perhaps, came in organ transplant. Human specifications were completely mapped out and human like robots were manufactured in large scale. All it required was to detach the required body part from one of then and affix it to the patients who were in need. The part could actually function very much like the original, but then, yes, there was a slight discomfort.

"Perhaps the easiest and safest are transplantation of hands and legs! The error rate is less than 5%", the chief surgeon Chawla assured to the septuagenarian patient Raghu, who paid total attention. He had an accidental fall and his right hand was broken. Since the damage was large, the doctors considered a replacement would be a better choice. Raghu had lived a simple life in a small village, several hundred miles away from the main cities. He was not aware of so much of medical advancement and he just came to stay at his daughter's home for a few days when he fell.

The surgeon then took him in a wheel chair to the room where all the human like robots were kept. He switched one on and it said, "Welcome Doctor!" and wished Raghu too. Raghu was too surprised and let out a smile. "You want to know what this is capable of?", Chawla said and ordered, "Laugh!". It laughed and its facial muscles creaked a bit. "Cry!", he said. It cried and they saw even the tears falling down. "Stop!", he said. It stopped. "This is the one from which the right hand needs to be taken Sir. It matches your specification!", he said to Raghu.

Raghu's eyes filled with tears as he refused. "I can manage without a hand!", he said. The robot asked - "Are you of a higher version? I did not hear him say 'Cry!'".

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Too good Rgs!! Your story makes my story heavy :cry:

3. rgsrinivasan

Sorry Nihasvin, I haven't read your story yet. Thanks for your appreciation, Nihasvin. -rgs

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

5. rgsrinivasan

Sorry Nihasvin. I didn't quite understand your earlier comment to this post. -rgs

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Oops it shud be your story makes my heart heavy :)
    sorry for the confusion :)

7. rgsrinivasan

Thats alright Nihasvin. Really enjoyed your post today. -rgs

8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

too good rgs.. as usual you are rocking..

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Sabari. Happy to receive your feedback again. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Good blog. If you have not already read, you should read the book "Nano technology of mind over matter" written by Kabbalist Rav Berg. This book talks about technology advancing in future to the extent that small nano cells will be injected into the blood stream and it would multiply to fix all issues in our body. The surgeries will no longer be necessary in future.

Viswa