1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unhappy Happiness Of Miserably Contented People

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear SCS,

Dick Thaler comes up with lots of examples which look innocuous and yet they do not conform to what we might assume to be postulates of rational behaviour. When I find the time, I will try to collect a few and upload them here.

oj

SCSusila likes this.
  2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Iravati
    I know what you mean . Some interactions with some people are really scary .and some make me want to vanish totally from the scene .

Hahaha ! That was a nice one : " You like coffee ! You are an amazing woman ! " :) I would have liked to see the woman's reaction to this one ! At least , she shut up after that I hope .
    A lot of people have the habit of fishing for either compliment or sympathy. Ofcourse it gets on my nerves , but then later when thinking of it , I will feel a little sad for them because they are so much dependent on other people's words for happiness .

Thank you for sharing your thoughts .

3. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@LakshmiKMBhat
    Thank you for the comment.
    Having Health problems will definitely not make anyone happy . But only some with heath problems will keep talking of their problem and misery to everyone , enjoying telling others about their suffering . There are some who will keep their health issues to themselves , handling it without complaining and boring others .

Sharing worries with caring people once a while is totally different from dumping worries on everybody whether they want to hear or not . That is why I wonder if it gives them pleasure to complain .

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  4. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, I have seen people enjoying themselves

SCSusila likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Susila Ma'm,

That made quite an interesting read! I have been fortunate (now I wonder!!) to have been blessed with elders in my life who even when I persistently question them about health only say "My health is as t should be for my age!". After reading you now I wonder if they give the same answer to everyone or only to their loved ones. Hmm!! The title of your snippet quite interesting and that is what brought me - the need to understand what you mean. I get it now. Enjoyed reading it.

6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Srama

Thank you for taking interrst in my post . And happy to note that you enjoyed reading.
    And I am glad the title brought you here . I was hoping it would evoke readers curiosity :)
    Many older people do not unload their health problems on others because they are scared of the hundreds of hea,th advises they will get in return

Someothers are scared to say they are doing well and fine because they think it will attract bad luck and make them ill .
    Human psychology is very strange and we can never understand why people speak like they do .