1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unhappy Happiness Of Miserably Contented People

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Jun 13, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila very nice writeup. BP Sugar and some diseases want an asylum and they happily find in idle person..when i was busy in work there was no symptom of these guests and now they occupy my life and make me busy to visit hospitals for Monthly checkups .If any one ask me "How are you?"i answer them with happiness i have inherited my parental properties along with their diseases too .No worries life goes on like this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True . one the positive note there are people who are very confident that things will be alright, their health will be alright even if they have a greater health problem. Yes there are different kind of people. I am glad for them .I think that thought will itself heal them

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Then we need to think about watching more serials:disrelieved:. Why to put more pressure on us unnecessarily.it does affect our mind . one director told it seems he is the showing the things that is happening in world. a bad thing happened some where in the world not everywhere. Why to show it to the whole world and create an impression that it is common in the world:smash2:. They can show good things by exaggerating too. But they won't get TRP. really not a good thing what they are doing is.

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@ojaantrik

The Theory of Revealed Preference was a revelation . I had never heard of it though I had always held the same view .
    But very sad to know that some great thinkers , Nobel shortlisters , have burst the big balloon we people hold that human beings are Rational Beings . So now wehave to assume we are irrational beings with no use for the advanced brains God gave us ? This thought makes me unhappy .
    Some people - the brainy ones - are Happy to make others feel Miserable I think . :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    ojaantrik likes this.
  5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Viswamitra ,
    Thank you for the comment .
    I agree it is difficult to judge people in anything . Who knows how different people react to the same situations and why they do that ? It is same as different people having different tastes.
    Every thing , every reaction of every person has a cause which seems rational and meaningful to them .but maybe not to others .
    But after reading Ojaantriks reply I cannot even be sure of rationality in reactions .

6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@shyamala1234
    I cannot see any words you from you.
    But , Thank you for reading my post and quoting it .

7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@periamma
    Thank you for your nice words .
    This is the kind of happy , positive and humourous attitude that I like and most needed for people getting old. I will be Senior Citizen in few more years and wish to have same attitude likeyou .
    Like you say , we inherit good things and also health problems from our elders . When we are happy with the good inheritance why should wecomplain about the bad inheritance ? Lets enjoy the rose and tolerate the thorn , with humour .

periamma likes this.
  8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@sindmani

TV Serials and the TV Addicts are interlinked . They will say they show what these people want . And these people become addicted to what they show, inspite of complaining that they are rotten !
    You know , there is a technical word even ( not " sadist" , i am not remembering iit ) , for people taking pleasure in watching other people,s suffering without causing it . I think we have a large population of such people waiting to see a daily dose of misery .

sindmani likes this.
  9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I handle human stories, esp. happy-unhappy or unhappy-happy stories, very badly. I think I do ok with animal stories. I employ few stock phrases like

"Thank you",
    "You are great",
    "I am sorry for you",
    "You have a good life",
    "You are in my thoughts"

whose meaning and purpose till date I have not grasped. Yet, I juggle between these phrases to instigate a normal and non-threatening human interaction. Yet, each time I miserably fail. A typical conversation.

A: I have had to struggle so much. Then I redesigned my life. Then I rose like a phoenix. Then I emerged victorious. Then I was that Saladin who conquered half the world with my courage and discipline and force of will (fishing for a compliment)
    I say: I am sorry for you.
    A: No, no, that is all in the past. Today, I am the Queen Sheeba of my whims. I am strong-willed and independent. I am brave incarnate. (fishing for a compliment)
    I say: Thank you.
    A: No, I meant I did what no other person was able to do.
    I say: You already told that a hundred times. You tell that every time we meet. Everyone is doing that everyday. Even ants! They are falling, they are rising. If everyone thinks they are doing something unique and publish their story, the publishers will run out of paper. You have a good life.
    A: I have had so many problems. I have had problems that no one can imagine. The pain and suffering that I went through will make even my enemy wince.
    I say: You have enemies? You and your enemies are in my thoughts.
    A: You are not getting me. Forget it. Shall we order coffee, cappuccino?
    I say: You like cappuccino? Wow! You are great, you are an AMAZING woman and you like coffee!

Human interactions terrify me not knowing if I am interposing the most suitable phrase in the proper order in that woefully boggling conversation. Again, as I stated, I do okay with unassuming spiders and humble lizards. Human interactions scare me!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Amica, SCSusila and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

My neighbour too has a long list of complaints, but she is active too. her complaints does not make her happy, she worries about them and likes to share them with someone. She is active because she worries if she is not active, she will become dull. :)