1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected Visitors And Snacks For Them

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by viki123, Aug 17, 2017.

1. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

What Snacks and drinks do you have in your pantry or fridge for unexpected guests or visitors? Till now I have never had any unexpected guests, most of them inform us upfront. Based on time they are visiting my get some drinks or snacks. Now I will be moving to single family home neighborhood, where we might have kids or parents dropping by. Since we started construction we unexpectedly visited 2-3 families and the invited us inside & offered some snacks.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I always have Deep mini samosas or regular samosa's in the freezer. Great option when there are unexpected or expected guests. congratulations on your new home !

Mistt, viki123 and Naari like this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I have Deep mini samosas, 1 or 2 types of juices, chips, salsa, guacamole, cheese and crackers. Mostly try to keep nut free snacks.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Mine is chai and biscuits, with sugar & hot-milk (for the chai) served separately.
    I have a plugged in hotwater dispenser on the kitchen counter usable for making the tea. I microwave the milk and serve it separately (like sugar).
    So many (these days) are on diets. No milk for some, no sugar for others, none-of-that for the third group. Some annoy their hosts saying that they are vegan.
    After too much kitchen work, and the unexpected strays go on to ignore everything we serve would be the most irksome. I would suggest minimal work, but use your nice china or/and tray.

sindmani, SGBV and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I prepare tea and if cold drink is preferred, I have fruit squash. And some biscuits. I always have fruits in fridge. If they stay long, I will offer some tiffin :)

sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Juice, coffee, tea, lemon tea, cookies, chips, dips, frozen snacks, dried fruits, nuts n fresh fruits are a few right away options.

Few quick snacks..

Garlic bread - slice bread, garlic cheese spread (or jus rub some garlic) grate some mozzarella over - bake or microwave

Lemon tea - boil water n tea powder, add lemon in the end, few mint leaves, mix with honey or sugar

Chips with dips - sandwich spreads can be used as dips too.

Quick salsa - chop onion, tomato n chili very finely - toss with salt n can add some seasoning - this can be served with bread, chips, deep fried snacks, anything.

sindmani, Rihana, Amica and 6 others like this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Good grief! :beer-toast1:
    Do you have a big screen TV?
    and big sofas in front of that?
    You could charge admission fee to visit you.

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Basically tea/coffee plus a small snack (cake, biscuits) would be readily available anytime at my home. Since we have young kids, it is important to keep some biscuits and cakes all the time.
    I either bake the cakes, muffins, cup cakes, or varieties of them at home during weekends, or buy them from the stores.
    Also, we have canned juice, Tank and bottled beverages like coke/pepsi in the fridge too. That helps a lot when unexpected guests turn up during hot sunny afternoons.

In addition, we have bite mixture packets in our pantry almost all the time like this one.
    [​IMG]

sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  9. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

fruits, sherbet, biscuits with coffee or tea, ground nut burfi, dry fruits &nuts.

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Appetizing...... :tonguewink: