Understanding SaiSatcharitra and Satsang - IL Sai Family

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Saisakthi, Nov 30, 2013.

1. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dearest Suryakala Sister,
    I'll post the answers for the rest of the questions tomorrow. Thanks.

Om Sai Ram!!

Regards,
    Viji

1 person likes this.
  2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

I feel happy to participate in this satsang as my long wish came true this week....Thanks to Sakthi sister for that! i actually had a plan in my mind to make a different way of satsang but since i have only less time this week i am ending up with limited questions for you friends...

The foremost thing is what i expect from you is to do satsang ie sharing your views on these questions...

1. I take the following understanding from the chapter 8, in which Baba has precisely explained about how we should take care of this physical body. And why he is insisting to do so? Can you pls share your understanding/views on that with few lines.

2. Just close your eyes for 2 mins, think you were at Shirdi now, not at recent Shirdi but the Shirdi at the time of Baba....(feeling excited? yes me too...) Pls think and tell what would be your state of mind and whom do you want to be? you can tell any people from the real characters or any body who lives in the shirdi at that time. Ex: milkman, Dhobi etc, its your choice but pls explain the reason with just one line.

2 people like this.
  3. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sarasprabhu sister,

Congratulations on the nomination for Satsang.Baba had been wanting you to do this for a while,finally it happened..you are blessed!
    My apologies for the delayed response to the Satsang questions..here goes -

UNDERSTANDING SATCHARITA AND SATSANG -WEEK 19,PARAYAN 2014

1. Who is Rohillas wife?

Baba referred to Rohilla's bad thoughts (Durbuddhi)as his 'wife' who always tried to trouble the Rohilla,but she stayed away,as she feared Baba!! In due course of time,she would let Rohilla be. In this way,Baba appeased the Shirdi villagers who were troubled by the Rohilla's cries at night.

2.What purpose does babas story serve .illustrate with e.g. given ?

Baba's stories and leelas are like an ocean..the deeper one dives,the more one gets. As many of us sisters feel after reading our parayan chapter each week,that the chapter contained lessons and words which are so apt to the current situation in our lives.It provides us the peace of mind and the courage to carry on,as we feel that Baba has given us a personal message "Why fear when I'm here ".

3. your experience with baba.

I'm sure that each of us had experiences in which Baba has helped us,saved us. Sometimes it is apparent that a miracle has happened,sometimes we just take it for granted.Since the past two years,life has had its ups and downs ,but my faith is growing stronger by the day..somehow I don't feel that anxious now.I think it is all to do with my involvement in the parayan and with all the support and prayers of my sisters here. Thank you,Sai and Saisakthi sister!

Jai Sai Ram!

4. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Suryakala sister,

It is great to see you here and honour to take part in the Satsang with you.My apologies for the delayed response.

UNDERSTANDING SATCHARITA AND SATSANG -WEEK 20,PARAYAN 2014

1) Who addressed Baba as "Sai" for the first time?

When Baba entered Shirdi for the first time as part of a marriage party, Bhagat Mhalsapati hailed Baba as "YA SAI"!!(Welcome Sai) .I think "Sai" is the most beautiful word in the world..whenever I hear anyone say "Sai",I feel so happy!

2) Who installed Padukas at Shirdi?

Bhai Krishnaji Alibhagkar,a devotee of Akkalkot Maharaj had a desire to visit Akkalkot and worship the padukas of the Maharaj.Before he could set out for that,Akkalkot Maharaj appeared in a vision and told him to go to Shirdi instead,as Shirdi was now his resting place,or abode. Accordingly,Bhai Krishnaji went to Shirdi and had Baba's darshan.In accordance with the vision he had,he installed Padukas under the holy Neem tree on an auspicious day.

3) Vaman Tatya supplied 2 earthern pitches daily to Baba, why?

It was a part of Baba's routine to water his flower garden in two earthen pitchers.These pitchers were not baked,so they broke daily after use.Hence Vaman Tatya supplied two pitchers to Baba daily for Him to water His plants.

I have shared here in IL and this thread also,some of my experiences.Apart from that,I feel that each day brings me closer to Baba,through delving deeper into Sai leelas in Satcharita and reading the miracles/experiences shared by sisters here. I'm learning to take life as it comes,one day at a time. I feel truly blessed to be here! Thank you dear Suryakala sister for the chance to express myself thus!

Jai Sai Ram!

1 person likes this.
  5. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dearmostviji sister,

Thanks for sharing your learnings about Mhalsapati. Indeed he was a great soul,otherwise how would he be so close to Baba's heart! Sai Ram!

6. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

Dear racr sister
    all your answers are very much meaningful.
    We all have come close to baba after this parayan through sai sakthi sister.

for the boat to reach safely light from the light house shows way to the boat, otherwise it will be lost in the ocean.
    Babas stories serve the same purpose.baba and his stories are the light from the light house and we are sailing in the ocean (samsara bhandam),for us to reach our destination or right path without any hurdles,baba and his stories help us.
    Thanks for participating dear sister.

1 person likes this.
  7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhucat sister, Congratulations to participate in Satsang. This is the first time I am replying to satsang thread. Please do ignore my post if it is not right answer.....

1. I take the following understanding from the chapter 8, in which Baba has precisely explained about how we should take care of this physical body. And why he is insisting to do so? Can you pls share your understanding/views on that with few lines.

The value of the human body is we can acquire the knowledge which would help in differentiating the real and unreal, thus we can attain God-vision. Baba insists to care the body so that we can attain Self realization which is the supreme end of life....

2. Just close your eyes for 2 mins, think you were at Shirdi now, not at recent Shirdi but the Shirdi at the time of Baba....(feeling excited? yes me too...) Pls think and tell
    what would be your state of mind and whom do you want to be? you can tell any people from the real characters or any body who lives in the shirdi at that time. Ex: milkman, Dhobi etc, its your choice but pls explain the reason with just one line.[/QUOTE]
    Really feeling very exited... Actually I think about it always...I want to born as Woman(do want to be any in profression, just house wife or girl) in Shirdi .. Wants to sing Baba`s glory from heart so much of love always in my own words..... Also want to feed my Baba with my cooking dishes.....

1 person likes this.
  8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Really feeling very exited... Actually I think about it always...I want to born as Woman(do want to be any in profression, just house wife or girl) in Shirdi .. Wants to sing Baba`s glory from heart so much of love always in my own words..... Also want to feed my Baba with my cooking dishes.....[/QUOTE]

Nice Deepu,

There is nothing like wrong answers Deepu, it is more sharing and discussing about what Baba has told us. Yours is the good one especially the second one....

Thanks for your participation !

1 person likes this.
  9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhucat... :)

Nice Deepu,

There is nothing like wrong answers Deepu, it is more sharing and discussing about what Baba has told us. Yours is the good one especially the second one....

Thanks for your participation ![/QUOTE]

10. paviputta

paviputta New IL'ite

Hi plz add me on Sai sacharitha parayana , with regards pavithra