Understanding SaiSatcharitra and Satsang - IL Sai Family

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Saisakthi, Nov 30, 2013.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sarasprabhu sister,

Here are my answers for your questions/satsang:

1. Who is Rohillas wife?
    Baba mentioned here about 'Rohilla's wife' as his evil mind ie bad thinking....

2. what purpose does babas story serve .illustrate with eg given ?
    For me atleast anything which i learnt from the chapters and any message Baba is giving through the chapters are meant for me. If i had any confusion or badly hurted or with any mental upset or even physically drained out, i am sure i will get the answers through his chapters or in any form. This is not only for me, many bhaktas have experienced the somilar way and this proves that he is omnipresent and there always for us at the time of need which itself is sufficient.

3. your experience with baba.
    Still experiencing, i cannot say i am the first row devotee...but learning the lessons slowly and trying my sincere level to follow them....as many other devotees, have felt small incidents of leela of Baba in day to day life and feel so blessed. Participating in these satsang and online parayan itself is a great leela of Baba to pull me in this group as i was reluctant to do all these before. Thanks to Sai!

2 people like this.
  2. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

Dear bhucat sister,
    well said ,straight forward simple answers, liked it.
    as you said participating in the parayan and satsang itself is a leela of baba.
    yes he knows everything , we need not ask,he is the wire puller of all of us and we are mere instruments.
    Thanks for participating dear sister.
    om shridi sai babaye namaha

2 people like this.
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarasprabhu,

I give below my replies.

1. Who is Rohillas wife?

Actually he had no wife, but BABA meant his DURBUDDHI i.e., his bad thoughts as Rohilla's wife.

2. What purpose does BABA's story serve .illustrate with eg given ?

Each and every chapter of BABA's story teaches us how to be in our life and what should we do or don't do, what principles to be followed, how we should behave with others, to have Belief and Faith in GOD, how we have to repay our KARMA, etc.

Every story has its own impact in our life.

3. Your experience with BABA

Our experience is the moral we learn from the story and take it in a good way and proceed our life in such a way through what we learnt.

I am getting used to the chapters through this parayan and relate to the particular chapter, when something happens in my day to day life.

BABA is only running our life and no separate experience I have had till this date.

Happy to be part of this SAI family (through our SAISAKTHI Sister).

1 person likes this.
  4. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

Dear muthu raji sister
    Good explanation.especially the 3 answer shows how much you are dedicated to baba.it also shows you have surrenderd to him completely by the statement-BABA is only running our life and no separate experience I have had till [COLOR=#009900 !important]this date[/COLOR].
    Why worry when he is there.

thanks for participitating dear sister.

1 person likes this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Baba for giving me this opportunity on Satsang for this week.

Dear Sai Sisters, My questions are based on Ch-5 in Shri Sai Satcharita.

1) Who addressed Baba as "Sai" for the first time?

2) Who installed Padukas at Shirdi?

3) Vaman Tatya supplied 2 earthern pitches daily to Baba, why?

Dear Sisters, find the answers for the above and share. Also please share any of your Baba experiences along with your answers.

May Baba you and your families in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Sarvantaryamine Namaha- Humble salutation to Him who transcends everyone's mind and as witness dwells in the hearts of everyone.

5 people like this.
  6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Suryakala sister,
    When a marriage party people came down to Shirdi, one by one got down from the vehicle and when Baba got down, immedietly Sri Mahalsapathy called Him as "Welcome Sai!!" so from then Baba was called by the people as "Sai Baba"

Mr Krishnaaji Alibagar Bai was the ardent devotee of Ahalkot Maharaj, later in his dreams Maharaj came and asked him to stop His worship and asked him to worship Baba at Shirdi insisting that Baba is now in his (Ahalkot Swmaiji's) form. So Krishnaaji came to shirdi and spent 6 months there with Baba and worshipped Baba. When he was relished with the presence of Baba and because of His(Baba) memory he made padukas of Baba and kept(pradishta) it near the neem tree in the year 1834.

In order to water the plants in the garden which was set by Baba. He gives 2 earthern pitches daily and since it was not burnt under fire, it easily get broken at the end of every day. So he regulalry provides 2 earthern pitches to Baba continuosly for 3 years.

My experience with Baba was realised by me later...yes, my dd was Baba's gift to me. i did not realised first but later i got to know how much he heard my prayers and blessed me with all goodness. Thanks to Him!! Pray Him to protect my dh and dd always!

Thanks Suryakala sister for your questions and i am so blessed to answer all these so that i came to know some of the incidents happened at Shirdi. Even though we read it as chapter some incidents are not in my memory after reading so this satsang is like refreshing out memories about Baba...

5 people like this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister Bhucat,

Happy Mother's day to you and all IL Mothers!

Yes, these three questions were aimed at recalling 3 facts most cherished by us all, Sai Devotees.

We all call Him Sai. He was first called so with touching affection by Shri Mahalsapathy.

We all worship His Padukas. We affectionately remember Bhai Krishnaji Alibagkar who install the Padukas in the Hindu Shaka 1834 corresponding to English year 1912 AD.

We all know Baba performed Miracles. Carrying of water in unbaked earthern pot for the garden which we still see in Shirdi was part of Baba's greatness!

Thanks for your beautiful and perfect answers. It is so thrilling to read your words" Yes, my DD is Baba's gift to me". Sure, I will pray Baba for you, your DH and DD.

May Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Manovagateetaaya Namaha- Humble salutation to the one who transcends thought and speech.

3 people like this.
  8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Suryakala sister,

Thanks a lot for your blessings ! It means a LOT to me, really....

I pray Baba to give you and your family good health always.....

9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

1)Who addressed Baba as "Sai" for the first time?

When the marriage - party came to Shirdi, in front of Khandoba’s templethe members of the party descended one by one, and the Fakir also gotdown. Bhagat Mhalsapati saw the youngFakir getting down and accosted Him "YA SAI" (Welcome Sai). Othersalso addressed Him as Sai and thenceforth he became known as Sai Baba.

A devotee of Akkalkot Maharaj by name Bhai Krishnaji Alibagkarworshipped the photo of Akkalkot Maharaj. He once thought of going to Akkalkot(Sholapur District), taking the darshana of the Padukas (foot-prints) of theMaharaj and offering his sincere worship there; but before he could go there,he got a vision in his dream. Akkalkot Maharaj appeared in the vision and saidto him - "Now Shirdi is my resting place, go there and offer yourWorship." So Bhai changed his plan and came to Shirdi, worshipped Baba,stayed there for six months and was happy. As a reminiscence of this visionetc., he prepared the Padukas and installed them on an auspicious day of Shravan,Shaka 1834 (1912 A.D.) under the Neem tree with due ceremonies and formalities,conducted by Dada Kelkar and Upasani. One Dixit Brahmin was appointed forworship, and the management was entrusted to devotee Sagun.

Once, when BABA went to Rahata (3 miles from Shirdi), HE brought with Him smallplants of Merry Gold, Jai and Jui, and after cleaning, he planted and wateredthem. A devotee by name Vaman Tatya supplied Him daily with two earthen pitchers.With these Baba Himself used to water the plants. He drew water from the welland carried the pitchers on His shoulders. In the evening the pitchers werekept at the foot of the Neem tree. As soon as they were placed there, they werebroken, as they were made of raw earth and not baked. Next day, Tatya suppliedtwo fresh pitchers. This course went on for 3 years; and with Sai Baba’s toiland labour, there grew a flower garden. On this site, at present, stands thebig mansion - Samadhi Mandir of Baba, which is now frequented and used by somany devotees.

1 person likes this.
  10. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dearest Suryakala Sister,
    Hope you are doing great. Thanks for your queries.
    I actually wanted to write short, but when I searched over net, I learnt more details and am happy to share all the details.
    My apologies for the lengthy note.
    My answer below for Question# 1.

Mahalspati
    who is considered as the foremost devotee of BABA was the first to worship BABA and to greet HIM on his arrival to Shirdi and address as “SAI”.
    He is so fortunate to be with BABA day and night for forty to fifty years. He is also one of the luckiest devotees to sleep with BABA (on the same cloth) in the night.
    He is a great soul and he gave us direction in how to worship Baba.

I think to honor such a great devotee, the Sai Asthothram starts with “Om Shri Sai Nathaya Namaha”. Recitation of his name (“SAI”) is a mantra by itself and it is as purifying as taking dip in Ganges.

Few details about Mahalspati that I like to share.

1. Mahalspati was the hereditary priest of Khandoba Temple (Lord Shiva temple), and hereditary goldsmith of Shirdi (though later he gave up this trade). His education was minimal, but he was noted for his piousness.

2. Sai Baba entered Shirdi village along with a "Barat", i.e. a bridegroom's party of Chand Bhai, Patil. Then Sai Baba separated from the marriage group very near Khandoba temple. Mhalsapathi, who was inside worshipping Khandoba, noticed Baba's presence and, with usual civility and regard, invited him to sit. After a few minutes, the fakir Baba remarked- "How private and quiet a place is the Khandoba temple, best fitted for a Fakir to be in". Then it was that Mhalsapathi put his conservative back up and protested against the proposal that a Muslim should reside in Khandoba temple which in his opinion was unthinkable. Most muslim at that time were assumed as iconoclasts, (i.e. breakers of images) and, therefore, Mhalsapathi prevented Baba from entering the temple which contained the images of Khandoba etc. Finding Mhalsapathi 's objection to be natural, Baba said, 'God is one for Hindus, Moslems, and all, but, as you object to my entry, I shall go'. So saying Baba went away. In one respect, it is a fact of happy augury that the person who started Sai worship was a pious and orthodox Hindu, who first raised the orthodox objection to Baba's stepping into and residing at the Khandoba temple in his charge, but soon developed into the most zealous admirer and ardent worshipper of Baba.

3. It is this zealous admiration and ardor of the highly virtuous goldsmith that forced Baba to respect him in turn and to accept the flowers, sandal, and other things placed on his feet by way of homage. His self dedication and great attachment to Sai Baba were irresistible for a large-hearted soul like Sai, and so he (Mhalsapathi) was the first and only person allowed for a long time to worship Sai.

4. Baba gave him very hard duties which others could not possibly undertake. Baba would tell Mhalsapathi, "You had better sit up. Do not go to sleep. Place your hand on my heart. I will be going on with remembrance of Allah, Nama Smaran, that is, a half conscious trance, and during that Nama Smaran, the heart beat would clearly show you that I am still having Nama Smaran. If that suddenly goes away and natural sleep supervenes, wake me up." The heart beat during natural sleep would be evidently different from the heart beat of the contemplative trance. Thus neither Baba nor Mhalsapathi would sleep at night.

5. He also had great control over all his senses (Indriyas), not merely over the sex urge but also over hunger and other urges and cravings, though he was not able to overcome sleep always. At times for a fortnight he would go without food, purely by the power of his will, and sometimes his family also would suffer as shortage of food was the consequent of Mhalsapathi 's having no profession and no earning and his rejection of offers of money and goods. This is a very important point to note about Mhalsapathi.

6. In 1886 Mhalsapati was entrusted with a very important responsibility that was literally a matter of life and death, and which had far-reaching implications. Baba, who had been suffering from breathing difficulties, told him that he was "going to Allah", and Mhalsapati supported Baba's body on his own knee, and when officers, including the village headman karnam, etc., held an inquest over the body, declared it dead, and wanted it to be buried. Mhalsapati with the help of others stoutly opposed their proposal and saved Baba from losing his body. Thus, he rendered a valuable service.

7. BABA has saved Mahalspati multiple times by cautioning about snakes.

8. Baba had given Mhalsapati a hint. He told him once when he (Mhalsapati) was preparing to light a lamp and fill up Baba's pipe, “Arre Bhagat, in a few days from this, I will be going somewhere. After that, you come at night for 2 or 4 years”. This was not understood by Mhalsapati. Mhalsapati was able to do his nightly usual puja to Baba only for 2 or 4 years, for he passed away on 11—9—1922. When Baba took Mahasamadhi (left his mortal body) in 1918, Mhalsapati declined all food and fasted for 13 days. Probably to prevent a shock, Baba had given him hints of his (Baba's) impending final departure. Mhalsapati always followed the path of Dharma and was very faithful to Baba’s teachings. The end of such a soul when life passes away must necessarily be a good end, (sadgati). Baba made this assurance doubly sure and granted him the merit of dying on an Ekadasi day (with God in his mind and on his lips) just as he did this for several other devotees of his. Bhagavad Gita says; that “Whatever a person thinks of (being in constant touch with it) at the time of death he reaches”.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity to share about such a great devotee.

Regards,
    Viji

2 people like this.