Understanding SaiSatcharitra and Satsang - IL Sai Family

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Saisakthi, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Om Ganeshayah Namah:
    Om Sayee Nathayah Namah:
    Bow
    PARAYAN 1, WEEK 49 & 50 - SATSANG WEEK

As you are all aware we have been together in the SaiSatcharitra Parayan throughout 2013 and now celebrating the Satsang week.

We are here to share and understand the SaiSatcharitra in depth and enjoy its nectar before we commence the Naamasmaran in the last two weeks of DEC, Week 51 & 52 and thereafter 2014 Yearlong Saisatcharitra Parayan.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thank You Sayee for this wonderful Sayee family at IL, Most of us are strangers, even we had not shared our real names, but we are SAYEE Family caring for each others concern and rejoicing family functions from across the globe, you are the string puller and we greatly abide by it.

Thanks to IL TEAM for this virtual platform.

SAIRAM

Please try to express you own thoughts taking time, which could benefit all others who read, along with just a portion of extract.

Please don't mind your grammar or vocabulary, another constraint could be time, then choose Dec 05th (thu) where instead of Parayan try to attempt these, Thanks for understanding.

Note: Sisters, most messages must have reached and you will reply here in this thread, Thank You, Do drop in here if you haven't heard from me. Sairam

22 people like this.

2. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

Sakthi sister,

Waiting......

Sairam

3. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

pls join me too in IL Sai family

4. Saisakthi

:welcome to IL Family and Sayee's fold SAI3A21 sister,

You are already IN amidst us, enjoy being here, catch with our threads as well, SAIRAM

5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sai Sakthi - Please count me in.

6. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dearest Sister,
    Please count me in.

Regards,
    Viji.

7. Saisakthi

8. Saisakthi

Congrats on reaching the IL Milestone of a GOLD ILITE, your message sent, Thanks, SAIRAM

9. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sai Shakthi sister,

first of all, thanks for the message, which i have received today.. Those are really wonderful message from Baba.. Thanks sister for allocating these incidents.. & also thanks for the lovely Divine dharshan.

Dear Sisters, i have received the below 2 messages from our beloved Saishakthi sister.

1. The path of Brahma Jnana was best described in short by Baba to the rich gentleman who came in for it, Can you recollect to what it was equated to?

This path of Brahma-Jnana of self-realization is 'as hard as to tread on the edge of a razor'.

The quote from the Chapter 16...

The first one is from Chapter 16, in which a gentleman wanted to get to know the Brahma Jnana quickly from Saibaba. Baba made him sit in the Dwarakamayi, and send a person to lend some money (5rupees) from some of the local shop owners. Though this gentleman having that money, he is not ready to give that to baba. When he was trying to get the money, this gentleman again reminded Baba that he is waiting to learn about Brahma Jnana. & Baba immediately replied as below..
    "Oh my dear friend, did you not understand all the procedure that I went through, sitting in this place, for enabling you to see the Brahman? It is, in short this. For seeing Brahman one has to give five things, i.e. surrender five things viz. (1) Five Pranas (vital forces), (2) Five senses (five of action and five of perception), (3) mind, (4) intellect and (5) ego. This path of Brahma-Jnana of self-realization is 'as hard as to tread on the edge of a razor'.

He briefly explained about the Brahma Jnana & after that, he turned into the gentleman and sai said the below.

" There is fifty times (Rs.250/- rupees) more money @Brahma in your packet. please take that out." To his great surprise, there 25 ten rupee notes in his pocket. Seeing this ominiscience of Baba, he was moved and fell at Baba's Feet and craved for His blessings. Then Baba said to him, "Roll up your bundle of Brahma viz. Currency notes. Unless you get rid completely of your avarice or greed, your will not get the real Brahma. How can be, whose mind is engrossed in wealth, progeny and prosperity, expect to know the Brahma, without removing away his attachment for the same? The illusion of attachment or the love for money is a deep eddy (whirlpool) of pain full of crocodiles in the form of conceit and jealousy. He, who is desireless, can alone cross this whirlpool. Greed and Brahma are as poles asunder, they are eternally opposed to each other. Where there is greed, there is no room for thought or meditation of the Brahma. Then how can a greedy man get dispassion and salvation? For a greedy man there is no peace, neither contentment, nor certainty (steadiness). If there be even a little trace of greed in mind, all the Sadhanas (spiritual endeavors) are of no avail. Even the knowledge of a well-read man, who is not free from the desire of the fruit or reward of his actions, and who has got no disgust for the same, is useless and can't help him in getting self-realization. The teachings of a Guru are of no use to a man, who is full of egoism, and who always thinks about the sense-objects. Purification of mind is absolutely necessary; without it, all our spiritual endeavors are nothing, but useless show and pomp. It is, therefore, better for one to take only what he can digest and assimilate. My treasury is full, and I can give anyone, what he wants, but I have to see whether he is qualified to receive what I give. If you listen to Me carefully, you will be certainly benefited. Sitting in this Masjid, I never speak any untruth." So not only that Gentleman, the people who were there at that time in the masjid were all benefitted..and ofcourse people who are reading this Baba's leelas will also be benefited and blessed by him..

2. An Incident/Chapter/person is being described about in the following verses, can you relate the same (if possible with Chaper No)

Sai vowed to attend with two,
    Sacred ‘udyapaan’ held in Dahanu,
    Bengali saint with bubbling youth two,
    Promptly made their presence there.
    Bala Deo blamed Sai then of lying,
    Baba quipped ‘you forgot Bengal Saint’.

The second one is from Chapter 40.. Mr.Deo from Dahanu arranged a udyapaan on behalf of his mother. He wrote a letter to Baba & invited him to his house for the 'udyapaan'. Mr.Jog read the letter in front of Baba & Baba asked him to reply saying that 3 of us ie) Sai baba, Jog & another person will go and attend the function. Also he told that he doesnot require any mode of transportation. Few days before this, a bengali saint came to Deo's house for collecting some subscriptions to protect the cows. But Deo asked him to come after 2-3 months. Again the same saint came to deo's house on the day of Udayapaan. Deo thought that he came to collect the Subscriptions, but the saint told him that he didn't come here to collect subscriptions & he came here for the meals & also he said there are lads with him & he wanted to take them aslo for the udayapaan meals.. Deo was happy& requesting him to come back in the noon along with his friends. Exactly at 12 noon, the trio came to Deo's house & enjoyed the meals and left. After this, Mr.Deo again wrote a letter to Baba, but before opening the letter, Baba said the below.

" he says that I promised him to come but deceived him. Inform him that I did attend his dinner with two others, but he failed to recognize Me. Then why did he call me at all? Tell him that he thought that the Sannyasi came to ask for subscription money; did I not remove his doubt in that respect and did I not say that I would come with two others, and did not the Trio come in time and take their meals? See, to keep My words I would sacrifice my life, I would never be untrue to My words."
    After seeing his reply, mr.Deo was so happy & burst into tears of joy and at the smae time he felt sorry for blaming Baba. Also he wondered how he was deceived by the Sannyasi's prior visit and his coming to him for subscriptions, how he also failed to catch the significance of the Sannyasi's words that he would come with two others for meals.

This story clearly shows that when the devotees surrender themselves completely to their Sad-guru, He sees that the religious functions in their houses are duly executed and complied with all the necessary formalities.

When you earnestly call BABA or invite, He will be surely present and Bless us, It is we who have to identify him and acknowledge his visit is what we infer from the verse

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    13 people like this.
  10. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Sairam akka,

Thank you so much for the mail.

1. “Let him be content with the half loaf of bread he has now and let him not bother himself about lakhs,” Was said to whom by BABA to be conveyed to whom?

Baba said this to Shama to be conveyed to Damu Anna Kasar.

It is one of my favourite incident in the Sai Satcharitha( from Chapter 25).

I'm kind of stressed out with my practice and every day
    I'm travelling for almost 3- 3.30 hous and working for 10 hours,
    and, been , literally crying to Baba.
    That is when I received prasad from Shirdi.
    I have got the inner meaning of what Baba want to convey.....

2) The Verse:

Baba the diamond unique,
    Bhakth had in measure full,
    Buckled under doubt,
    ‘devotion fully didn’t measure’,

Anandrao Pakade arrived,
    Anxious to share a dream,
    Dream that assured that their,
    ‘devotion was in full measure’.
    This is from Chapter 45 .

One gentleman, named Anandrao Pakhade came there in search of Madhavarao. The reading of the Bhagawat was then going on. Mr.Pakhade sat near Madhavarao and was whispering something to him. He was mentioning in lowtone his dream-vision. As there was some interruption in the reading by this whispering, Kakasaheb stopped thereading, and asked Madhavarao what the matter was. The latter said - "Yesterday you expressed your doubt, nowhere is the explanation of it; hear Mr.Pakhade's vision which Baba gave him, explaining the characteristic of'saving' devotion and showing that the devotion in the form of bow to, or worship of, Guru's feet is sufficient." Allwere anxious to hear the vision specially Kakasaheb. At their suggestion Mr.Pakhade began to relate the vision asfollows.

I was standing in a deep sea in waist-deep water. There I saw Sai Baba all of a sudden. He was sitting on abeautiful throne studded with diamonds, with His Feet in water. I was most pleased and satisfied with the Form ofBaba. The vision was so realistic that I never thought that it was a dream. Curiously enough Madhavarao was alsostanding there. He said to me feelingly - 'Anandrao, fall at Baba's Feet.' I rejoined - "I also wish to do so, but HisFeet are in water, how can I place my head on them? I am helpless." Hearing this he said to Baba - "Oh Deva,take out Your Feet which are under water." Then Baba immediately took out His feet. I caught them without delayand bowed to them. On seeing this Baba blessed me saying - Go now, you will attain your welfare, there is nocause for fear and anxiety. He also added - "Give a silk-bordered dhotar to my Shama, you will profit, thereby."

3) Ever since I started participating in this thread I have been getting Baba's photos,
    Books, Shirdi prasad ....

Thank you so much akka.

Sairam.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    10 people like this.