1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding Is The Essence Of Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 15, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Understanding is the essence of love , If you can not understand you cannot love.If you see the world with the vision of love, you will find everything so beautiful and meaningful.

There are so many kinds of love. Its not only love between couples. When we see a child we fall in love with the child. Looking at the child's innocent face we forget everything, our worries etc. Love between a mother and a child cant be said in words. Love between couples especially in old age is more , when they need each other, when they cant do with without their better half, that is the time they should be together. When they become single , ie when they lose their better half life seems dull for them, especially for men because they feel lonely without their better half even when the children look after them well.

I see the world with love , so feel all are my daughters and granddaughters , so I feel happy. One of my relative was saying my fil's curse is there for my husband thats why he doe snot have grand children,that too whenI was there, you can understand how I must have felt. Actually if you go to see we both are enjoying our retired life, we dont have the responsibility of looking after our grandchildren because they are far away, so we are able to go for any functions, poojas etc. Actually I feel we are living our life only after getting our children married.

Last Friday we left for Baroda, myself, husband, my brother in law, his son and dil ad grand daughter and my sis in law and her husband and reached there in the morning at 6.15 a.m. We had gone for engagement of my husband's nephew's son . The function was int he afternoon and it went well. It was nice meeting our relatives. Our close friend and his wife related to the girl's side so we felt more happy and they also became our friends. When we went to welcome the girl's family, I gifted her necklace made by me and she was very happy. We left by train that night only and reached home at 5 a.m. in the morning. Both the nights did not have proper sleep. On Sunday morning there was choru unnal for my brother in law's grand son for which we were also invited . After that his son took us for breakfast out . His in law's and his brother in law's would be also had come. I gifted her with a necklace made by me and she felt very happy as we are meeting for the first time. Then we went to bil's house . My back started paining and I took rest.Then we went out and had yummy lunch in a hotel. My back pain did not reduce and I took full rest that day. Next day we had to go for a funeral and I came back at 11 a.m. and did the cooking.

Here I have to mention that since childhood my brother in law's children are very much attached to us. My children and they grew together. I never felt they are bil's children . They also equally love us and respect us and whenever we have to go out of station bil's son only books the ticket and when he and his wife are there, they take good care of us. His wife is a Maharashtrian but has learnt everything about our culture .

If we love anyone wholeheartedly we get back love in return.
    What is worth Living for,
    and
    what is worth Dying for?
    The answer to each is the same. Only LOVE.

Never HATE people who’re Jealous of you, instead love them..Because,they’re the ones who think you’re better than them..!

The perfect guy is not the one who has the most money or the most handsome one you’ll meet . He is the one who knows how to make you smile and will take care of you each and everyday until the end of time .

If you Love some one because you think that he/she is really gorgeous- Then it’s not love it’s”Infatuation”.. .

If you love some one because you think that you shouldn’t leave him because others think that you shouldn’t…Then it’s not love,, it’s“compromise”…

If you love some one because you think that you cannot live with out his touch…Then it’s not love, it’s”lust”…

If you love some one because you have been kissed by him…
    Then it’s not love,, it’s“inferiority complex”…

If you love some one because you can’t leave him thinking that it would hurt his feeling…..Then it’s not love, it’s”charity”…

If you love some one because you share every thing with him…
    Then it’s not love, it’s”friendship”…

If you feel the pain of the other person more than him even when he/she is stable and you cry for him…..That’s”LOVE”

If you get attracted to ther people but stay with him/her without
    any regrets……That’s”LOVE”

If you let him/her go knowing that he/she has to go but he/she doesn’t want to……That’s “LOVE”..

kaniths, Laks09, Lathasv and 6 others like this.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

What are you doing for that back pain ?
    Ibuprofen ? Osteopathic massage ?

Does it come after some specific things you do ? Or randomly come and go ?

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

I was happy to see the first feedback from you and concern about my back pain but sad that you did not write anything about my post. Usually I dont get back pain. After a long time I got this back pain, might be due to travel two nights . I took medicine from a known chemist, did not see the name, only two tablets I bought and with one the back pain went off. Next day only I took medicine

Nonya likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Viji,
    Wonderful blog. yes u both are free, like me and wife, for our daughters stay far away, and we are free to do what we wnat, there is no responsibility to look after daughter in law and the grandkids.
    We did not plan it this way, but we accept what ever the lord wanted, and we have adjsuted to it.

Yes what u say about love and friendship is so true/

Regards
    kamal

iyerviji and Madhumagie like this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Recently I went through some flu-like symptoms, and discs in lower back got inflamed, and couldn't get up or walk without pain. But recovered after a few weeks of ibuprofen tablets, and massage therapy. Apparently some flu virus can do this to people. I didn't know.
    And about your post ? I thought it was interesting that " my relative was saying my fil's curse is there for my husband thats why he doe snot have grand children". This could be the result of people believing in the wishes, and blessings of elders, especially in special occasions, like weddings and festivals. If one were to believe that good wishes could bring boons, success in life, and good luck, one might also wonder about the ill-will of people and what they could bring.

A good life strategy is to follow what Gabriel Garcia Marquez had practiced: "I would probably not say everything I think, but definitely think all I say". Your relative who believes curses have consequences, would surely benefit from that.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You are great and you have a heart with full of love. You are an outgoing person and I very much admire you for the above qualities. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. God Bess you!
    PS

iyerviji and Madhumagie like this.
  7. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

hello viji maam...hope u remeber me??
    i came back after month and was happy to see that you still keep positing snippets and giving your valuable guidance to all of us...
    good maam..keep positing and we really love ur posts and the way u share your experiences which benefits us too and change our thought process...lvoe u

iyerviji and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Sorry to read about your back pain. Why train? No direct flight?

Nice post.
    Hmm... is that possible in this kalyug time? How about ignoring them? Or do even better than before and drive them crazy?

Hope the back pain goes away soon.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Glad to get your feedback Kamal bro.Thank you. Glad we are sailing in the same boat. True its all God's plan , we have to thank Him for what He gives us. glad you liked the post

10. iyerviji

Sorry to hear about your flu and back pain , good that you got cured. Its each one's belief in blessings and curses. When we take positively about blessings we should also not worry about the curses. God has already written our fate and everything happens accordingly.Thanks for your feedback