1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional. Really?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 31, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami,

Very true. It is not easy to do any action without any attachment to the result. That is what we all aspire towards, isn't it, Mami? It's not an easy path, but we can only strive.

sindmani likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Totally agree with that, Amica.

Yes, the request for the loan is a matter of extortion when we see it from a particular standpoint. The woman who needs to borrow 15K to pay for her son's school has 100K to spend on her daughter's seemantham. Borrowing is a way of ensuring for herself that she won't be thrown out of the job before it is paid back. So delay repayment too.

Why do I lend and not throw her out? Because I am worried about losing her, though I wonder why, the way her work ethic is deteriorating. The other reason is I really believed she needed help until I heard of the 100 K expenses on seemantham.

Amica likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Sindmani, we can only try to analyse but we can never be sure. It is a learning process.

sindmani likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Hi luvsuksam, welcome. I agree with you totally. Better do than not do. As for lending to the maid, no it is not charity. I deduct it from the salary. It is an advance, though I am realizing she does not really need it. But I can't deny that I don't want to lose a person who has worked for me for 13 years and start training a new one. I can leave my keys with this lady which is a big advantage.

5. satchitananda

That is a good point Susila. Certainly worthy of thought.

sindmani likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Hey Shanvy, no, the maid woes were not a starting point for the 'gyan'. :) The provocation was that video I mentioned watching. The maid was just an example. When she makes use of me for her benefit, I might at least use her as an example for my thesis. :)

Thanks for that link. Spent some time reading and digesting it. My mind is a work in progress! :)

Shanvy likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

It is not true as a spark of the whole, serving oneself is serving all. It depends on what we consider as selfish. If we are trying to gratify our body, mind and intellect, it is considered as selfish and if we are trying to satisfy our spark, it is not considered selfish. Paying a maid with an intend to get something in return satisfies what is the question we need to ask. Our very existence is evidence enough of how far we have come away from that spark due to dualism. Let me give an example. When our shadow follows us, we know we are walking towards light and when our shadow is in front of us, we know we are walking away from light. That is how dualism works. I can agree that main purpose of life is to transform ourselves into identifying the spark in us which involves, eliminating encryption, developing good character, helping every life around us in order to join the mission of the Lord, completely surrendering to the Lord, researching and practicing the teachings available in the scriptures, etc. There is a reason why the Lord has defined ones transformation to happen through such efforts and actions.

The Lord wanted to experience the feeling of expressing love and also feel loved. That is the purpose of the creation. By giving enormous grace to the creations, He fulfills His wishes of loving. He also feels excited when every one of His creations love each other (because all of that love reaches him) and He gets loved by them all.

Understanding that everyone is spark of the whole is not an intellectual exercise. One needs to grasp the power of that statement, contemplate on it and eventually practice it. I am not the best to articulate what it means.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear swati
    These advance things are so common.and most are ungrateful.
    Sending I the link to you tube video of mine on the same subject.
    Regards
    Kamal

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Kamalji,

Good to see you here. Yes, the advance business is indeed common. We just have to do the best we can.