1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 4:

As usual I went back home with a plan in my mind. Yes! I have decided to talk to Saradha.I feel like a timid deer entering tiger’s cave. I placed my bag on the table and rolled my eyes all over searching for her. I have to start to tuition in another 1 hour. The battle should get over within that. She was found in her room reading a book stretching her legs leaning on the cot. I locked the main door and entered the room. She lifted her head and again went back to the book “ Tiffin is on dining table” she said in careless tone without taking her eyes off from the book

“I want to talk to you” I delivered the rehearsed dialogue

“Not interested” she said in the same careless tone. Eyes still fixed on the book

Me “Look. We live in the same house for years. I want to know what I do to you. Why are you so adamant to me and Dad?”

Saradha “You crook. Who gave you guts to question me huh? What are you thinking in your mind? Didn’t I say I don’t want to talk to you? Get out of my sight right now.”

Me “I will. I will. Definitely I’ll go if you tell me what made you to hate me. If I have anything to correct from my end, I am happy to do”

Saradha “ You cannot correct anything. Necessary blunders are done already. Look. You are way too young to discuss about this. Better you go. I am in good mood. Once in a blue moon only I am in good mood. Better don’t spoil that. Get lost”

I muttered “I am not going without knowing”

A tight slap fell strong on my cheek which made me fall down. I rubbed my cheeks.

“You irritating idiot. I told you I am in a good mood today. That disturbed you is it? You and your father spoiled my life. Aren’t you not satisfied? I told your father, I am not interested in this marriage, please say no. that useless fellow didn’t open his mouth. He never opens his mouth even at the time of need. I told him clearly I don’t want to be a second wife, I don’t want to be a care taker in the name of a wife. If he needs a care taker he should have appointed one. In the name of marriage he needs one who could do this free of cost. Who am I in this house? Tell me? I am a cook, washer man, maid and what not. Does my life has any meaning? Fine. I convinced myself and requested him to have a baby for us. For that too he opposed. So Why should I live? My only job is take care of you guys? Never…I am going to be like this only. Am I going to get award for this? This is the result of a marriage if either of them doesn’t like it. Time CANNOT change the feelings. I am a lunatic. Why on earth I am telling all these things to you. Get out you nut. I don’t want to talk to anyone ever” she threw the book away and rushed out

I stayed seated there in the room with tears pouring from my eyes. I have now got the answer for my question. So far I don’t have any idea about marriage but one thing I have understand very clearly. Marriage is connecting two hearts. If either of the heart is wounded marriage life is of course a hell.

From that day on, I completely stopped talking to her. I don’t want to annoy her further by initiating a conversation. I focused myself completely on my studies and the household chores. Slowly she stopped doing anything. Simply she would watch TV, murmur something, scolding me and my dad for something and sleep. I scored well in the exams. Mohan Mama helped me by converting the award, scholarship amounts into savings. I had a secret bank account. I started investing my pocket money in the account. I completed B.COM with gold medal. Another big fuss happened when I wanted to pursue MBA but this time by my father. I got in top colleges in other cities but my father refused to send me out. I got a seat in a university in Chennai. Saradha refused to spend huge amount as fees. As a result I took educational loan. I was successful in my PG too. I cleared with top score till the last semester. I am waiting for my results of final semester. Till date my father doesn’t know about my relation with my maternal Uncle’s family. Whenever I get time I visit them or call from PCO. Being at home is abyss. That’s how I started coming here and spend time. That too she doesn’t like. But I won’t stop having my own Me time. At times she come and scold in front of others. I won’t fight back. Simply I obey whatever she says then start doing whatever I like.

This is my story Uncle. “She completed with a huge sigh. Guna sat as a statue.

“At this young age you have gone through a lot Meera” he said placing his hands on her head

“Uncle! Life is giving me 1000 reasons to smile and 1000 reasons to cry. I cry when I have to and smile when it is needed to. My life is a pakka masala having its own sweet and spices, more spicy though. After mama, mami, Adhi and Akshara I now have you who is showing more and more care and love beyond my expectation. Thank you Uncle. ” said Meera

“I always felt that I was not blessed with a daughter. No more feelings now. I am blessed with you. Here after you should only smile. I will take care of that” he caressed her hair

“Uncle… I…”

“Call me Appa Meera” said Guna

She wiped her tears and said “I have no words to express my happiness.” He gently pat her head

They both realized time is 5 PM when librarian came and reminded about the prayer time. Every day 5 PM, there is a group prayer done by the kids and club members for all wellbeing.

“Oops 5 o clock. I am gone today. Time to go home. Didn’t notice that. I have to Uncle. Else have to face tsunami today. Bye. Will meet tomorrow” Meera flee away

Librarian came and clutched Guna’s hands “Poor girl she is. She was void of such affection. I am happy for you both Guna Sir.”

Guna smiled. Poor fellow. He doesn’t know he is going to be one of the reason for her non stop tears.

At Meera’s house: When she entered Boomi has come back from office. Saradha’s voice was loud enough audible till the street

“if you spend all your money for this what will I do during my last days. Already I have no luxury in my life. Do you want me to suffer in poverty? I can’t give dowry. Do you think your girl is worth for it? She has her mother’s jewelry na? With that do her marriage. Apart from that I cannot spend even a single penny”

What is she talking about?” wondering Meera entered.

“See? Maharani has come. What are you doing in that library everyday? Worth if you earn something. That too no. simply roaming around and chit chatting. Any idea to go for a job or not” she bellowed as usual

“My final sem results are yet to come. Only then I have to search” she said in a low tone

“This is just excuse. Some people are getting job before they complete their degree.” Saradha

Meera “By the time campus recruitment happened I was on leave as you were suffering from jaundice”

Saradha “So? You mean to say I spoiled your career?”

Meera “I just told what happened”

Saradha “You are a lazy crook. You are not interested to go for job and earn money. You simply want to enjoy in that useless club chatting roaming spending time lethargically so that you need not stay in this house. I don’t want single rupee from your earning. But don’t plan to load our head with your educational loan. Before you get married, I want you to clear that and go. Till that I won’t allow marriage talks in this house. I won’t help from my savings. Having no kid to take care of me during my last days, only this money is my surety. For the crime of marrying your father, I get only this. In the name of your marriage, studies and non-sense stuff don’t spoil that too.” She spit fire in her words and went in.

Boominathan climbed upstairs mutely as usual. Meera moved to kitchen to prepare dinner. But this talk about marriage kindled an acid in her stomach.

After a month, Meera got her final semester results. As usual she topped in almost all subjects. She attended her graduation ceremony with her Mama’s family.

She applied in all job sites and waited for call. I am badly in need of a job now she thought.

Meanwhile Guna was much disturbed by Meera’s life tragedy. He is a kind of person who cannot remain silent for more than 5 minutes. But Meera’s absence for a week and now after knowing her whereabouts he was distressed. Books, TV, music couldn’t divert him. His thoughts were filled only with her. His heart urged him to do something which will make her happy. He felt atleast she should live happily in the rest of her life. He didn’t think about anything other than Meera. He didn’t feel like sharing this to Kalyani as well. Probably this is the first thing he has not shared with her. He started spending more time in library with her. They spoke about lot of things. He shared about his life.

“I joined army to satisfy my dad’s wish. Generally I don’t believe love at first sight but all those broke when I saw Kalyani first. Though ours is arranged marriage I started loving her from the day I met her in the girlseeing ceremony. As I had only 3 weeks leave, quickly our marriage was arranged. I don’t feel like going back. There was no cellphone, facebook, whatsapp those days. Our love grew through letters. We have to wait one full week to listen to each other’s voice. That too my parents speak first atlast they give to my Kani.She has completed MBBS and waiting for MD entrance exam results when I came back next year. When she was doing her MD, she was pregnant. I still cherish the moment when she shared the good news. I wanted to see Kani and have her beside me taking care of her during her motherhood. But that was the time we had war with China. The news that I was blessed with baby boy reached my ears after a year he was born. About 10 soldiers were imprisoned and I was one of them. After an year only we were released after our government gave lot of pressure. Kalyani managed her studies and our son so well. When other people including my parents believed that I would have died, she was the one, only one to believe that I would be still alive. Till date she trusts me, loves me, cares for me, believes me in anything and everything. She completed DGO after Prasanna was born. I served in army for 20 years. Then I got health issues because of which I took voluntary retirement and settled with them a decade ago. Two years back I had cardiac arrest. Almost I kissed death and came back. Kissing death is not new to me. But this time it was bit more serious. So both are much concerned. Kalyani is a kind of person who can give up even her life if she trust and love them so much. Especially for me she will do anything. If I ask I need that moon in the sky, she will get it for me you know?” he said with a pride in his eyes. Meera admired him

Though they were not together for many years they share a wonderful life filled with love and love only. On the other hand, though Saradha and Boominathan are together they live a life with no meaning at all.

This is the result of a marriage if either of them doesn’t like it. Saradha’s words bashed her ears. Love doesn’t need any conditions; any expectations; any returns. It should be unconditional. It is an understanding. It has to be felt from heart. Guna and Kalyani are an example for how to live and love whether they stay together or not. Saradha and Boominathan are an example for how we should not live. If Boominathan poured his supportive words on her, time would have changed Saradha. Even their family would have been a happy family. His silence at the wrong time spoiled everything. Even silence kills.

Between, Adhi completed MS in Data Analytics in one of the reputed universities in US. He got a job and settled there. Akshara was in her 3rd year Engineering in Bits Pilani. Adhi has invited his parents to tour US. Akshara couldn’t go as she had her inplant training. Meera helped Mama and Mami in their packing. On the planned date they flew to US.

She felt alone. Her heart ached and her intuition pricked her that they will not be available at the right time of need. She hid her clairvoyance and bid goodbye to them with smile in lips and tears in eyes.

To Be Continued…

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you muggs. Posted the next episode now. have a good day

3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much PS. My Meera may be a poor soul but life will convert her into a strong independent woman.
    :beer-toast1:Thank you for your encouragement and travelling with me throughout. I am feeling blessed

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Ratan. I always feel life is molding us better and teach us how to stay strong during tough times. each and everyone face tough times but facing that with brave heart is an art.

ratan likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Loved the episode.Something is cooking up I guess

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Yes Yes BB... Lot of things are cooking up ;):grinning-smiley-048:

7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 5:

Time and tide wait for none. It flee at its own pace. Its been more than a month Meera and Guna shared the beautiful relationship of father and daughter, friends and well-wisher. Each day the bond between them kept on going stronger to strongest to such an extent that they both cannot live without each other.

Sun does his usual job of rising in the morning. For certain people it is a new dawn of hope. For other set of people it is just another day. Everyone hope for a luck each day. For some it favors and for some it won’t.

Dr. Kalyani’s day was not an exception. It started with her usual routine of morning walk with Guna, daily pooja and breakfast with loads of fun with her lovely little family. Prasanna started to his office and Kalyani to her nursing home. When she was attending her out patients she noticed a noise outside. Her assistant Dr. Padma rushed in. “Dr. There is an emergency.” Kalyani asked excuse to the patient she was attending and swifted out. 9 months pregnant lady was shouting in pain lying on the stretcher. Her unpressed clothes, untidy hair and appearance showed she might be from the slum area nearby. Besides her a lady of around 50 years old stood with tears filled eyes comforting the pregnant woman. Might be her mother. Behind them stood a girl in neatly pressed white and pink kurta with matching pink leggings holding a folder on her hand. Her hair was neatly combed and tied as a neat pony tail extending till upper waist. Matching earrings danced in her ears. The clean pretty face was filled with fear and concern. With tons of worries she stood looking at the lady shouting in pain. In a quick glance Kalyani noted the new people responsible for the sudden chaos and came near the pregnant lady. She held her hands and comforted her “Don’t worry ma. Nothing.” Shifting her glance to Padma and the old lady she asked “What happened?”

Padma told that the lady got sudden labour pain and the fluid has broken down. Immediately the doctors and the patient rushed to labour ward. The young girl stood worried often praying the god with her folded hands. Between she gently pressed the old lady’s hands for a moral support. After an hour a staff nurse came out. Both the young girl and old lady rushed to her and enquired about the patient “it is bit critical. Doctors are attending her. Mostly it will be cesarian. But lets see. Stay relaxed” she spoke in hurry and went off.

Old lady started crying badly “oh my god. We don’t have money for operation. What will I do now? My daughter is also suffering inside. God! Save my daughter and the little one..”

Meera, the young girl standing behind comforted her “Maa. Please wait. Let the Drs come and say. All is well”

Another half an hour passed in tension. Kalyani came out “Karthika, can you check with our admin team and see A1 +ve blood is available. We have another surgery in a couple of hours. This is urgent. Make it fast” saying she swifted back to theatre.

After 5 minutes she came out with the baby wrapped in a towel “Maa. Your grand son. Both mother and baby are fine.

The old lady felt very happy “Thank you Dr. Thank you so much. DR? normal delivery or???”

“Normal delivery. We don’t go for C section just like that in this hospital” Kalyani replied

Karthika came “Dr. A1 +ve is currently not available”

Kalyani was worried “Oh my god. Yesterday itself we informed blood bank right. What is this ma? How early can this be arranged. Send our people right away to collect from any of our regular banks. I have asked to make it ready na. ”

Karthika - “Today morning we reminded to those 4-5 labs. Due to high demand, seems they don’t have stock. Though they promised that it will be deliver by this time…”

Meera stepped forward “Dr. my blood group is A1 +ve. If you want you can take”

Kalyani’s face brightened “Good then. That’s great. Karthika, take her to lab and ask our technicians to conduct all tests. Quick ma. We have only an hour” Politely but sturdily she delivered the instructions

Old lady folded her hands towards Kalyani “Dr. …My…my..husband is working in a building construction. He ll get daily wages only. Is it ok if I pay hospital fees in installments” the lady asked after lot of hesitation

Kalyani looked at her with much pity in her eyes

The lady continued “my daughter suddenly got pain while walking back to our house from temple. No one helped us except this girl. She only took us in her auto. That auto man told GH is very far and brought us here. I don’t..”

Kalyani stopped her and called the manager “This patient has to stay in this hospital for 3 days. Prepare all the bills and bring it to my table.” She turned to the lady and said “Maa. Don’t worry. The expense is on mine. Stay chill and celebrate the arrival of your grand son” The old lady bent down to fall on her feet. Kalyani stopped her, smiled and left

After an hour the nurse came along with Meera and informed that Meera’s blood can be used. The surgery completed with no major issues.

After some time Kalyani came to her room. While coming she happened to notice her transparent file, some letter kind of whose company logo seem to be familiar to her. Thinking about that she started her routine activities. Dr. Padma entered “Dr. The new patient Mary BP, ECG and pulse is normal. She fed the baby. I have advised to give diet from this night. Another patient Devi, who underwent uterus removal surgery, pulse BP is normal. She is under observation. I have asked to keep in ICU till tomorrow morning. Pain killer injections were given” Kalyani nodded her head in satisfaction. Padma continued “Meera, the girl who donated blood, had slight discomfort. I have asked her to rest. Poor girl, she missed her interview it seems.”

“Ohh! Is it. Ask her to meet me before she leaves”

“Sure Dr. I will”

The day was busy as usual. When Kalyani decided to leave for lunch Meera came to meet her. Kalyani greeted her and made her to sit “Great job dear. You have saved three lives today. How are you feeling now? Do you still have discomfort?”

“No Dr. I am fine”

“Your good name?”

“I am Meera”

Kalyani happened to view her file. The letter pad contained the name “Vedha Finance and Corporate Solutions Pvt Ltd” “Hey! This is Sathya’s company” she said to herself. Kalyani got an unexplainable affection on that girl from the moment she saw her. Her innocent look, timid eyes kindled her motherly feeling. Her heart urged to help her someway

“Take care Ma. All the best. Meet me if you need anything”

“Sure Dr. Thanks” saying Meera stood up. She came out of the hospital. Last 5 hours hovered like a magic. When she woke up she was dreaming about getting a job and settling over escaping from Saradha. What she would say at home “I missed the interview because I happened to save three lives; So, does that provide food to you – Saradha would ask” Meera closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her father Boominathan gave her Rs. 200. She has sent her auto man when they entered hospital. Her stomach begged her to provide some food to carry on its activities. She noticed a couple selling home made food under the shades of a big tree opposite to the hospital. She crossed the road and bought a curd rice. Now lunch is over. What next? She couldn’t think of going back to home.

What if I say I didn’t clear the interview?

“You know how to groom well, but can’t answer the questions” Saradha would ask

“Timing doesn’t suit me. I have to stretch myself for late nights. “ what about this reason

“Its ok. Rather than sitting simply and being a burden to this family better you work in any shifts” Saradha

Meera’s mind thought about the permutation and combination of the questions Saradha would ask for the excuses she planned to give for losing this job. She felt like someone banging her head with a huge rod. She looked on both sides of the road without knowing what to do further. Another hour passed sitting simply on the bus stop. Sun shined heavily. When the time was close to 3 o clock her phone rang. Frightened whether that could be Saradha she took her phone from the bag with shivering hands. But that was a new number. Her face brightened after attending the call.

HR from the company where she was supposed to attend the interview that morning called. Since the position was still open HR wanted to confirm whether she would like to appear. Meera’s heart pounced in joy. She accepted immediately and ensured she will come in another half an hour. Second opportunity is rare. She said to herself. A man passed by selling tea coffee in a bicycle. She bought a hot tea from him and refreshed her. She jumped into the next available share auto and reached the company.

Vedha Finance and Corporate Solutions Pvt Ltd. A majestic 5 storied building welcomed her with a big board holding its name. She showed the interview call letter in the reception and waited. She was then called to 1st floor.

People looked busy working in front of the computers. The bay looked neat and organized. On the sides there were couple of conference rooms and individual cabins. Meera was asked to meet SathyaVarman, the MD of Vedha Fin Corp. Meera swallowed the throat along with the fear and knocked the door.

“Come in please” came a mighty regal tone

“Good evening Sir” Meera gave a formal smile.

SathyaVarman BCom, MBA and MS. A 30 years old youth with chubby cheeks, whaeatish complexion and manly look. His father Dr.Partha is a renowned heart surgeon and his mother Vedhavalli is a retired Manager from a Central government Bank. He is the closest best thick friend of Prasanna where Dr. Partha and Kalyani are professional partners and family friends. Now you would have guessed the reason how Meera was again called for interview. No? Not yet? Okies, I will convey J

During the holidays and long vacations either Sathya will be at Prasanna’s house or vice versa. They studied in same school and their friendship continued even though they took different colleges owing to their dreams. Prasanna chose architecture where Sathya wanted to master in finance and dreamt to start his own financial consultation company. He has more than 40 clients including few IT companies where he depute his team for consultation and service.

When Kalyani noticed Sathya’s company logo in the call letter, she understood Meera missed the interview call from his company. After Meera left she called Sathya.

Sathya was excited to see Kalyani on call as each were busy with their profession it was more than months they met or spoke. His excitement was clearly visible in his voice “AUNTY! WHAT A SURPRIIIIISEEEEEEEEEE. How are you Aunty? How is Uncle?”

“All are fine kanna. How about you. I am meeting Vedha and Partha often but getting your appointment is quite difficult it seems” Kalyani spoke in teasing tone

“Hahhhaa. No Aunty! I keep travelling nowadays. I am frequently in touch with GP though. But yeah! Sorry. I should have come and meet you and Uncle. My bad”

“Hey! Don’t I know that? Its ok kanna. I was just kidding”

“Tell me Aunty??” Sathya asked straight away since Kalyani is not a person who go for casual talks during work hours.

“Smart boy” Kalyani laughed and asked directly as even she doesn’t want to waste his time “Sathya! Is there any interview scheduled today in your company?”

Sathya felt strange. He very well knows that Kalyani doesn’t like recommendation. Her question puzzled him. Understanding the silence from the other end Kalyani broke the ice “Don’t mistake me Sathya. I don’t want to recommend anyone but..you know…just a small request to give one more opportunity for a person who missed her interview because of her kind act which saved 3 lives.” Kalyani narrated the incidents in short and continued “I came to know that she missed the interview. It is very difficult to find such kind natured people in today’s world. So..yeah..and listen, I am not asking to give her job. See if you can provide another opportunity to her. That’s all”

Sathya smiled and spoke to her “Aunty! That’s so kind of you. I will do it just for you Aunty. Do you know her name?”

Kalyani “She told something..oh hooo I forgot. Let me think”

“No. its fine. I can find. Let me check with my recruitment team. Chill Aunty. I will come this Sunday to meet you and Uncle. I am happy to speak to you after long time”

“Me too and Thanks Sathya for considering my request”

“Come on Aunty. I am feeling blessed to honor your words. Leave it to me. I will take care. Bye Aunty” he hanged the phone and sighed in surprise. Directly or indirectly this is the first time Kalyani Aunt is speaking for someone. I have to do it He said to himself and called the recruitment team incharge immediately. He requested to provide the number of open position and the candidate details who missed the interview that day. Also he asked them to call the person again and check whether he/she will be able to appear for the same by today or tomorrow.

And that’s how Meera got the call and she is now in front of him. With the traditional question of any interview “tell me about yourself” the evaluation started with questions derived from nook and corner of the technical stuff corresponding to the job role. Sathya was way impressed with her performance. Though she is a fresher, she had an excellent theoretical knowledge and strong in concepts. He felt training her practically is not a challenge at all. Before winding off he asked her why she was not available during morning. More than that he was keen to know how good she is, so that Kalyani came down and requested for her. He expected that Meera would narrate the entire story with pride. But what has happened was entirely different

Meera smiled and spoke softly “It is an medical emergency Sir. When shall I join?”

Sathya ignored the second half and asked “for whom”

She replied politely “Sir. It is my personal. I am sorry”

His eyes wide opened in shock and amazement. Besides her tiring eyes and sweat filled face, she looked beautiful to him. He started admiring her. Seeing his change in reaction she put forward the same question “Sir, I would like to know when I should join?”

“Aah…yeah…any time..as you wish” words trembled. He adjusted his throat and said in his usual magnificent tone “Meet HR and discuss about your package. They will guide you. You can join once background check is over. “

“Thank you Sir. I will take your leave now”

“Meet you soon” he smirked at her. She smiled back and left.

After completing the HR formalities Meera came out of the building. She couldn’t believe her luck. Package is a decent amount slightly higher than her expectation. If she saves efficiently she will be able to clear her loan in 3 years. Her role also looked to be challenging. She thanked the almighty and started home without any second thought.

To Be Continued…

8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

To check whom meera is going to join hands with sathya or prasanna

10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thanks BB. A breezy time for Meera.