1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Rith ...happy to see ur new story..

Good start waiting for more updates

Daddysgirl likes this.
  2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Read the first two chapters..Awesome Rith..waiting for cyclones

3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 3:

Meera started narrating about her life to Guna :

I always use to feel how good it would be if life has a delete button. If I get an opportunity or say a boon to delete one event from my life, it would be the day my mother left this world and decided to rest in peace. The day she started resting in peace, I lost that peace permanently. I was 5 years old by then. I don’t know probably I don’t remember ours was a happy family or not. The only thing I remember is by that age was my mother is no more. She was from a well off family. My father works in income tax department. Owing to my father’s good and calm nature my grandpa got her married to him. I never asked dad how life was with her. But after her demise, quoting the difficulty of raising a daughter as a single parent my paternal family chose Saradha to be his better half. I never like addressing her as my mom.

I don’t know why but from the moment I saw her I don’t like her. I feel vice versa feeling from her end too. I couldn’t see any positive vibrations in her eyes. A simple marriage was arranged in family deity temple. I was standing as a stranger. At the age of 6, I expected some basic attention from her as a mother. But the output was zero. The feeling of being isolated triggered my emotions which at that small age I learnt to bury within me. I was beaten for no reasons. I was scolded for no reasons. But I never complained my dad about this. I learnt to do my things on my own. I was not allowed to play with the other kids out. Simply glaring at the roof top started eating my mind. I involved myself in drawing. Since that was not trouble to anyone I left undisturbed. Drawing has become my favorite time pass.

Eventually I realized my favorite dishes were purposely rejected and dislike dishes were forced to eat. Before knowing the meaning and spelling of hell, I tasted it; I was going through it. Ever hatred spilling eyes kindled a fear in me. I avoided her eye contact. I detected my dad observed everything but remained calm.

One day, she was throwing tantrums. I silently went into the house placing my school bag on the sofa and locked myself into the room. I was terribly frightened. At times I heard she was using my name. I closed my eyes and ears. Later there was no sound at all. I felt hungry. Slowly I came out and noticed only my dad was at home. “What happened” I whispered.

“She went to her mom’s place” he mumbled.

“Is she not going to come again?” sudden raise in my voice and glittering eyes surprised my dad.

Next day, she was back. This time more ferocious and wild all the time. I couldn’t understand the reason for her weird behavior. My life moved on with her ever hatred look and curses, scolding both myself and my father. I remember I was told that she is going to take care of me in place of my mother. No such things have happened till date to my knowledge.

I was 10 years old by that time. I experienced a biggest turning point in my life. One fine day, I was waiting for the auto man to pick me from school. A car stopped next to me. A man in his mid-thirties got out. He was well dressed. With tears in his eyes, he came near me. Initially I was afraid thinking him could be a kidnapper.

“You…You are Meera, isn’t it?” he asked. He looked majestic but his voice shook. I bobbed my head up and down, holding my bag closed to my chest. He dragged me towards him and hugged me tight sobbing heavily. I was frightened to the core. From the car two more persons, a boy and a girl in my school uniform got down.

“Meera..She is Meera, my niece” he yelled in happiness.

“What??Really?” exclaimed the boy. The girl smiled. I still stood in conundrum. He hugged me again. “She looks just like replica of my sister” the man sobbed again

My automan came. “I have to go” I whispered, pushed him away and ran as fast as I could. After getting into the auto I peeped my head and found he was still with his tear filled eyes but smiling. The boy hugged him. That incident kept on iterating in my mind. I dare not opened about that to anyone at home. Literally no one cared what I am going through every day in my life. Luckily the automan has also didn’t notice me with a stranger

Next day. The same man was waiting for me at the school gate. The boy and girl were not there. But I saw a lady. Those eyes didn’t speak hatred like my step mom. He smiled seeing me and showed to that lady as well. They both chuckled at me. I looked at my auto man whether he noticed all these. Fortunately he didn’t. I sighed in relief. They don’t seem to be bad people. I waited till automan left. I walked towards them gathering all my confidence and asked “Who are you?”

“I am your maternal uncle. Call me Mama” he said leaning down caressing my head.

“Mama?” I asked in shock. “That’s right. I am your mami” that lady smiled.

“Your mothers name is Girija and father is Boominathan. Am I right?” he asked. I was dumbstruck. He is right. That’s my mothers name. But I don’t remember seeing him ever in my lifetime. When I was digging my brain database to recollect this face, he lifted me and put him the car and started. Fear, confusion, shock everything made me fall unconscious.

When I woke up I was in an unknown place, someones home. When I was about to shed tears, the boy and girl stood before me. I felt relieved after seeing them.

“Meera, are you alright?” my so called mama asked

At the age of 10, how much will I be able to understand? I felt like standing in the middle of a forest blindfolded. He showed old albums. It had my mom’s pic, he and my mom together, my parents’ marriage pic, my head shave& ear piercing ceremony on his lap and lot. Which are proof of his statement.

Wow. A new relation. My heart pounced in joy.

“I went abroad when you were 2 years old. I couldn’t come to Girija’s death due to visa issue. Later I heard your dad married someone. How are you da?”

Right after my childhood, to my knowledge first time I was pampered with comforting hug and nice talks. I felt overjoyed, super excited. “MAMA” I yelled literally and hugged him howling heavily. He too.

“We came to know everything about you and Saradha from your neighbor Hariharan.”I stood looking at him. “He is one of my best friends. Recently I met him in a temple. He mentioned that you are studying in the same school my kids are in. Immediately I came looking for you”

“Enough is enough. As we planned you speak to her dad and bring her here with us forever” Lalitha Mami told Mohan mama “Let us not allow this little heart to get hurt anymore. We will take the responsibility of her completely”

“YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY” the little girl jumped in joy. “we shall play together. Come, I will show my room” she held my hand and pulled me towards her room. We jumped on the bed. I laughed like a mad. We both laughed. Mami brought snacks and juice. All of the sudden I remembered I bunked school “we have school today, isn’t it”

“Yeah! But Appa told you are coming today. So holiday” she sipped her juice.

“Whats your name?” I asked her

“Akshara” she giggled. She is 2 years younger to me. The boy came in. “This is our brother Adhithya” she introduced

“Hi” I waved at him. He smiled as a reply and sat in front of us. We played for some more time

We ate our lunch together. Mami prepared my favourite dishes. “These are all my favourite” I exclaimed

“Oh! Is it. I will make a note. These are all Adhi and Akshu’s favourites too.”

“How does she cook?” Mama asked

“She never cook the food that I like. Most of the time, my meals is curd rice or idly” I replied with mouth full of food.

“vegetables, fruits?” Mami asked

I swayed my head as no.

Adhithya “Why don’t you apply a strategy to have your favourite food everyday on your plate?”

“What is meant by strategy?” I asked innocently

Adhi: I mean trick. Look. Next time when she prepare the food that you don’t like, eat it more saying its your favourite. And vice versa. Reject the food that you like most for one time. From next time you will get only what you like to eat. Follow this till you get shifted here permanently

I jiggled half understood rest puzzled. The line till you get shifted here permanently gave me an immense pleasure. We three played together. Mama dropped me back to school before auto man arrives. I went home with lot of happiness but didn’t show anything in my face. I refreshed myself and went to the dinner table. Rawa Upma!!yuk. Adhi Anna’s voice echoed in my ears.

“Oh wow. Rawa Upma” I almost shouted. Saradha came out with a stare. “Silence. Why are you shouting” she roared

“My favourite dish” I voluntarily brought fake excitement in my face and started eating that yucky picky upma with curd.

“Can you prepare this daily for me” I added extra flavor to the drama

“So, do you think I am here to cook your favourite dishes?” she asked

“Whatever. But please don’t prepare chapathi, paneer and all. I cant eat that sticky paneer” saying I ran away. After finishing my homework I came for dinner. As usual, curd rice. I thought. To my surprise chapathi and paneer masala was chuckling at me. To maintain the drama, I closed that vessel and took rice.

“Hello” shouted Saradha. “Am I nuts to prepare all these and get wasted? Eat”

“I told you know I don’t like paneer” I mumbled in low voice. My dad looked at me and Saradha and continued to eat.

“I said eat” she roared again.

Silently I ate 2 rotis with paneer gravy and quickly ran to my room. I danced silently. “Adhi Anna! Thanks to you” I cried in joy mutely. And I started following the same trick till I establish a list of food that I like actually but in rejected list and foods that I hate in favourite list. Between Lalitha Mami prepared soups, salads and gave through Akshara. My food problem was resolved. I started having nutritious and tasty food.

One fine day Mohan Mama and Lalitha Mami together went to meet my dad in his office. At first my dad was surprised to see them and gave a warm welcome to them. “Mohan. How are you? I am happy to meet you after a long time. When did you come back to India?” he grabbed his hands.

“Jiju! I am fine. We all are good.” Tears pooled in both their eyes when they thought about Girija ma. They went to nearby coffee shop. After formal enquiries Mohan mama initiated the conversation about taking me with them forever. My father is usually a calm type. He generally doesn’t speak much. That too after my mother’s demise he further stopped talking. The only voice that my house filled was with of Saradha’s.

But I heard from Mohan mama that my dad started shouting at him. I believe that was the first time may be in his life time to get angry

“Mohan! Better you leave this place before I become wild. What are you thinking? Have I become irresponsible in taking care of my daughter? Do you think to have fun only I married? I know how to look after her. Its true that Saradha doesn’t like her and she ill treats her. So? SHE IS MY DAUGHTER. Better don’t forget that. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT. I don’t want to meet you again in my life. And stay away from Meera. Don’t confuse her. Better you don’t meet her, For heaven sake” he yelled folding his hands.

Mama and Mami left the place without saying anything. I was shattered into pieces when I heard that I am not going to be with my mama’s family. I cursed my luck and God. It was Adhi anna who consoled me. During school days Mama and Mami used to come and meet me often. During vacation time I missed them. In my 7th standard, I requested my dad to put in tuition which is next building from my mama’s house. In spite of Saradha’s objection, my father put me there. After tuition class, I spent some 15 minutes there before auto man arrives. Those 15 minutes is my golden time. At home I always locked myself inside the room studying. At school I spent my free time with Adhi and Akshara. I did well in my studies. I got scholarship.

When I was 15 years old, I stepped into next stage of my life. I attained puberty. After that another tornado attacked my life. Saradha wanted me to involve in household chores. Since I was not used to it, I felt very difficult to manage work and studies. Mama and Mami felt a lot for me. One day I spoke against Saradha. She beat me nicely. My dad entered and saw that. I was expecting him to react but to my dismay he didn’t say anything. He simply went upstairs and locked his room. More than my body my heart ached a lot. His silence was taken as granted. Beating session happened almost everyday for silly reasons which was less frequent earlier. I completely stopped talking to him from then on. Everyday this has become a routine to narrate daily events to mama. Their sympathy pacified my mind. Whenever Saradha beats me, the thought that I have someone to wipe my tears numbs me I use to stand as a statue when she beats.

Again Adhi anna helped me to come out of it. That day, There was an emergency for the tuition master so he declared leave. I happily went to mama’s house. I narrated the previous day events and as usual Mama felt pity and cursed Saradha.

Adhi anna screamed “can you just stop doing this?”

Mama “To whom you are telling”

Adhi “To Meera, to you, to amma. Do you think babying her like this gonna help her in anyways. You guys are spoiling her”

Mami “Adhi. Whom else she has except us. Where would she go? How do you think we are spoiling her? In what way, can you explain?”

“Am I causing disturbance Anna” I asked him sobbing

“See? This tears. Your eyes have a tap always in an open mode. Have you ever thought to fight back and come out of this? Don’t you have guts to fight back? If you have done that, you would not have got beatings like this day after day.” Adhi said in a calm tone. I could sense only concern in his eyes

Mama would have felt the same. “Adhi?” he asked seeking for explanation

“Dad. We have a habit to pamper our children especially girl babies for even a small silly things. I didn’t mean Meera alone here. For Akshara also you are doing the same. Meera and Akshara both are equal to me. They are my sisters. I couldn’t bear you guys are spoiling their life in the name of affection, love. Rather than wiping their tears teach them to fight. Rather than cuddling those in your lap throw them in the river. They will drown first then they will automatically learn to swim and reach the shore. If they encounter an issue help them to face with confidence rather than you being crying along with them. Let them fail n number of times. But eventually they will learn the way for success. Rather than comforting them for their failures, help them to learn the mistake and teach them on how to correct it. Isn’t that how we have to grow kids? Meera, for an example, I taught you how to trick your step mom in the food matter. It worked. And you are not dump I believe to spoon feed you in each of your worst experience am I right?”

I nodded my head in affirmation. He continued “when you can score 100% in all subjects, when you can quickly grasp things fast when compared to others, can one example not sufficient to use your brain to trick that lady and turn your house into your comfort zone for each and every unlikely situation. For almost a month you are complaining about this beating session. Didn’t you get a single day to think about how can you come out of it? You didn’t. you know why? Because you have settled comfortably in the sympathy bed of roses laid by my parents. I encouraged initially thinking a moral support from us would give you confidence and turn you bold. But you have proved that I am wrong. You are using sympathy as a weapon. Not only here. Even in school. You like when others pity for you. Do you think that as an achievement? ******** Meera. Even the success that you get out of your hard work would be rewarded out of pity rather than your effort. Do you need such a celebration? You might like it but as a brother I CANNOT encourage. Meera! Akshara! Get my words diluted in your blood, From now on you should fight for your rights. Myself and our parents will provide only moral support. If you fell down we will just help you to get up, don’t expect that we will lift you up and carry on our head. NO. You got it? This world is a race. All are running. All are falling down. Most people quit immediately. Only few continue running and succeeding finally. I don’t want you two to be in the group of people who quit running. I want you to run throwing away the hurdles, kicking away the obstructers and still keep running till you taste the fruit of success. Do you understand?”

I bobbed my head again. “talk to her and try to understand what is her problem. There is a not a custom that a step mom should necessarily be harsh. Check for the reason. If you can change without compromising your dignity and self respect, go ahead. Else stay away as how you are now. Try to find a solution for a problem. If the solution is suitable and mutual for both the end, it is good to go. Else learn to ignore and move on”

An 18 years old boy can be this matured? I adored him. He has taught me an important lesson in my life. He had read my mind perfectly. I felt nice when people showed empathy. That’s wrong. I don’t want anyone to show sympathetic feeling on me anymore.

I thought that’s the end of the tragedy chapters of my life, But fate had a different plan

To Be Continued…

Deepu04, Sweetynila, Ammu2886 and 9 others like this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you BB :beer-toast1:

5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Rith, above lines are wonderful and loved your thoughts. Keep going.

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Ammu :hearteyes:

7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mistt. The above lines are even serves as a preach for me

8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Read all 3 chapters.. Very well written :clap2:

Waiting for the next update

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

That was a marvelous explanation. How can you write out so clearly whatever mind says.. Kudos to your writing!
    Loved every bit of it..

Meera got more troubles to face...OMG..Poor her!

10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Read all 3 chapters in one go. Amazing narration. Eagarly waiting for that differant plan which fate had.:shakehead: