1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Feb 20, 2019.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rith you created Meera and by supporting Meera, Rith is supported in disguise.you are a wonderful writer

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 16:

“Treat” shouted Vadhana in joy. Meera smiled bluntly. They were sitting on their respective beds in their room casually chit chatting

“Are you not happy? That’s what you hoped for right?” asked Vadhana seeing her gloomy face

“Yes, I am” replied Meera bringing a fake smile

“Your lips are smiling but not your eyes” said Vadhana

Meera just sighed as response

“Look Meera! Life is a combination of everything, smile, tears, agony, betrayal, love, friendship, joy sorrow and what not. You have to choose with what you would like to cherish the moments” Meera looked at Vadhana while she continued “I had done a diploma in psychology which is my favorite subject. I always wanted to do Ph.D in psychology where my parents want to be settle with some professional job. I love to read people’s mind and understand their feelings and help them to me level best to come out of it. In you, I noticed your eyes and lips are not in synch. Your lips smile when your eyes bleed tears. I could get there is something big haunting you. I don’t want to know about that, but what I would like to suggest you is “This is Life”. You can’t taste sweet always. Eventually you will start hate that taste. To enjoy the taste of sweet completely, you should definitely taste other flavors as well. Look at this world and people around you. Look at the chirping birds. Look at the sky wearing beautiful colors throughout the day. You have millions of things to enjoy, admire. Why do you want to stick to the events which are past already? Oh…my…I am sorry, I have become so philosophical” Vadhana giggled

“I must admit you are more than awesome Vadhana” Meera held her hands. She remembered she mentioned the same to Guna during their first meet.

They chit chatted for some more time on general topics and retired to bed. But the words of Vadhana instilled deep into Meera’s heart.

She looked at her calm face sleeping peacefully like a small child. She looked more beautiful. Meera wanted to be happy like her.

“I cannot forget Guna Appa and Kalyani Ma ever in my life. But now that I have chosen to stay away from everyone, I cannot live throughout my life groaning in pain. I definitely need a change. This new place, new people should bring the unseen part of my life, called happiness. I should learn to stay happy with things around me. I know they will bless me wherever I am. I should not cry hereafter, for whatever it is” saying she wiped the tear droplets

She went to the washroom and looked at her in the mirror. She tried sad face and a smiling face. “The smiling face gives a positive energy, isn’t it?” she said to self

She came back to her bed and slept peacefully

Between @ Chennai, evening 7 PM

Boominathan was worried as Meera has not yet not home. Without having any options he asked Saradha

“How do I know? Are you and your daughter conveying anything to me? I am just taking care of this household chores. Will let you know if I have to purchase the home needs. Other than that don’t come to me for anything” she bellowed

Boomi decided to visit her office the next day and enquire. A strange ray of fear creeped his mind.

Without waiting for anyone, the sun arouse as usual hoping for a new dawn in everyone’s life.

“No need to pack lunch. I am not going to office today” announced Boomi while taking coffee. Saradha just nodded her head and went in. Boomi checked for Meera in her room and to his dismay she was not found there. Seeing him coming out of Meera’s room with pale face, Saradha murmured aloud “she might have eloped with someone. Her recent activities are not convincing. Buying gifts, chocolates for someone. Go and check in the library. You might get more details.”

“I know about my daughter” he said

“Well. That’s a great news. Where is she then?” she asked sarcastically

Boomi went to his room immediately. He knows that she often goes to library. He took a quick shower, skipped his breakfast and proceeded towards the library.

The librarian was arranging the daily newspaper in its rack placing the old one in another rack.

“Hello, morning wishes” greeted Boomi

“Boominathan Sir. How are you?” greeted the librarian

“I am good, thank you” paused Boomi without knowing how to start further

Seeing his gloomy face, librarian asked “Sir? All good? Do you need anything?”

“I just came looking for Meera. By any chance did you see her” asked Boomi wiping his face.

Librarian nodded his head as no. “Her visits are reduced after she got a job. Dont worry. She will be fine” he pressed his hands

Boomi felt there is no point in waiting there. He went back home and took his two wheeler to Vedha building. He remembered Meera mentioned about the company after she has got the offer. On his way he was so worried and clueless where she would be. He enquired in the reception and was made to wait in the lobby. After an hour wait, he was informed that she has not come to office since yesterday. This made Boomi more worried. He went back to his area. He doesn’t want to go to his home as he knows well, Saradha will bombard him with more questions. He parked his vehicle near the tea shop and sat on the bench. Ravi offered him hot tea. Due to excess tired, Boomi took it without any hesitation.

“Boomi Sir. How are you?” came Hariharan, his neighbor. Seeing Boomi’s gloomy face Hari enquired “Sir, Are you alright?”

Librarian too joined them “Boomi sir? Any news about Meera?”

Boomi nodded his head left to right as no. “She didn’t go to office either” he said in low voice. Hariharan guessed there is some problem.

“Who? Meera? I saw Meera with Guna Sir day before yesterday. Guna sir is in hospital. He has got some heart problem” said Ravi,

“Who is Guna?” asked Boomi in conundrum

“He is retired Commander. Her wife is a doctor. They live here. Meera and Guna are very close. He treats her as his own daughter” said Ravi

“Yeah! I have seen many times. Guna is so fond of Meera. They spend most of the time in library only” Librarian

“Meera could be with them. Can you help me please taking me to their house?” he pleaded to the Librarian and Ravi.

They accepted immediately, closed the library and headed towards Guna’s house. There was no one at Guna’s residence except the driver. He told about Guna’s health condition and gave them the hospital details. Boomi and librarian started to the hospital while Ravi went back to his shop. Boomi had a mild ray of hope but he could not feel easy till he sees Meera. He had a slight anger for she has not told anything about Guna till date. “I have not been a good father for expecting her to share everything to me” he cursed himself

They reached hospital. After enquiring from the reception, they went to ICU where Guna has been admitted in. Kalyani and Prasanna were talking with Dr. Partha. He stopped seeing Boomi and Librarian.

“Guna Sir?” librarian asked and stopped not knowing how to ask further

“He is in ICU. I am sorry, May I know who you are?” Kalyani asked them

“Madam, I am Krishnan, the librarian. He is Boominathan, Meera’s father”

Kalyani’s and Prasanna’s face turned pale. They could guess why he is here. They looked at each other and Prasanna put his head down.

“Hello Sir!” Kalyani greeted in an embarrassed tone. Partha took his leave from them. As soon as he left, Boomi asked “Madam! Is Meera here?”

Kalyani couldn’t answer him. She moved her head left to right as no. her eyes welled up. Prasanna held her hands and made her sit on the chair.

“Meera is not here? Where she would have gone if she has not come here?” Boominathan mumbled

“The situation is getting worser. Somehow I managed Guna but how will I manage Meera’s father” thought Kalyani

The tension of an upset father looking for his lost daughter killed Kalyani. She looked at Prasanna “Its all because of you

“Uncle! Please relax. Meera will be safe. Don’t worry about her” said Prasanna

“Where is she then? How do you know she is safe?” Boomi asked calmly

How would I say him, I am responsible for her absence” Prasanna stood in conundrum

The nurse came from ICU “Dr. Sir is calling you” Kalyani rushed in. “Excuse me Uncle. I will be back” Prasanna too joined her

“Kani. I want to go to my home. I am feeling sick here” Guna said

“Dad! One more day. After observation you will be shifted to general room. Then we shall go home. You will have to recover completely, then only we shall go home Dad.” – Prasanna

Guna - “I don’t like here being tied up with this stupid wires and being immobile. Kani?How is Meera? When can I talk to her?”

Kalyani stood speechless. Inside Guna, outside Meera’s father. The question is same. She doesn’t have any answer for them. She cant lie about her. Kalyani stood like a statue in front of Guna

Kalyani “I couldn’t see Guna like this. I am going out. Please get well soon Guna. Don’t kill me anymore. I don’t have strength to handle anything”

Guna - “your eyes are depicting that clearly Kalyani. Have some rest. When you are with me, death can’t kidnap me from you. Your health is equally important. You, my mom and Meera are the most important women in my life. I am blessed. Go, my dear. Now stop worrying about me and don’t make me worry about you. I have never seen you as a patient any time. Your eyes, your face are not looking good to me. See, I am alright now. Have some food and much needed sleep. ”

Kalyani walked away mutely.

Guna could sense Kalyani’s condition is not only because pf his health. There is something bothering her

To be Continued…

Deepu04, Sweetynila, Ammu2886 and 9 others like this.
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hahhhhaaaa. I was kidding Amma. I know how much you are supporting me :worship2:

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Dear. Meera will become more and more strong to handle enything

5. MonaModi

MonaModi New IL'ite

Relieved to see new update!! I wish I could read complete story at a time with end!! at work, first I check update then start my office work! getting more interesting!! Keep it up!!

6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm vadhana shd be able to help out meera. Let's see how it goes.

7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh so many dependencies..so many answered questions will wait for your next move!

8. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Waiting to see how meera is going to handle....

9. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi @Rith
    Happened to read all the episodes at once.
    I read the first 2 episodes long back and was busy at work so couldn't follow up.

Such a wonderful story and you have written it so well that all the characters can be felt . I wish this story happens to be a movie.

Waiting for the next update.

10. VidyaSuresh

VidyaSuresh Silver IL'ite

Hi Rith

When are u going to post next episode. waiting for same and hooked to your story and i m also reading your story Lover after marriage which is also good one