UGANDA Kampala - Can we get VISA ON ARRIVAL?

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by rkgurbani, Sep 28, 2011.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends,

I would like to know what is the procedure of getting a visit visa to enter Uganda? Can we get visa on arrival at the airport itself as soon we arrive?
    If yes. what is the procedure, duration of the visa and also the cost.

Also, another query....do companies provide work permit for expatriate employees? We have heard it is a land of opportunities, so just wanted to check on this as of our close associates are planning to look out for job opportunities in Uganda.

Thanks in advance

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi RKG,
    yes u can get visa on arrival ...it cost 50 $ pp.if u r joining some company then procedure is different as u have work permit otherwise its tourist visa of 3 mths extendable in certain cases.............now a days the ugandan govt is really strict over visa so make sure to confirm the formalities from some reliable source.......the internal ministry of uganda also has a website which can be checked........good companies will provide visa for employee,spouse & kids but need to chk it with company as the fee is hefty & as far as i understand its updated annuallly(company does all these formalities for us)

its a good place but its better to come with some job as cost of living is pretty high.......yes,its considered land of opportunity but now the govt is more strict & choosy about the people it lets come to this country.........
    u can visit on tourist visa & explore the place if u want...........tourist point of view its a lovely country with 8 national parks easaily covered in 10-14 days..........so u can see the place & do the research also.............
    all the best
    pragati

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pragati...

Thanks a lot for the info. I was expecting your reply. We have lived in Tanzania, also knew that lifestyle was more or less the same, only I was not sure about the immigration process.

Will pass on the info to our asociate who actually wants to come to Kampala and explore the place and also look for a job if possible.

Thank you again dear...

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    tanzania is also good but has communist tendancies..............shops are closed by 6 ,weekend off etc........kampala is that way is really good............there are atleat 20 indian resturant ..........shopping malls opened on weekends a plus for working couple..............plus the weather is really good..........the only negative i feel is choking traffic specially in older parts.
    all the best to ur friend
    pragati