Two Wheeler for Women

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by rama_mani, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

if the ladies are heavy structured and the travel is very far it is always better to go in for a kinetic honda, superb bike, otherwise the tvs50 is a fantastic bike for the light ones, less petrol more coverage and after some time one need to change the cb point once in two months to maintain the bike's speed
    one can manage this bike easily, but skidding one must be careful as the silencer will burn the leg and skin tends to peel off, in kinetic with the side stand i am sure one can manage easily, it will never stop in rain, which is very vital for any lady..sunkan

2. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Always 4 wheeler is safer than 2-wheeler.No tension of maintaining balance.

3. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

I used to drive Honda Activa when I was in india.
    I felt It was not heavier than KH .Plus the Activa has some spring concept for stands.
    You have to just apply some pressure on the stand and the main stand can be put easily.
    Once I tried putting the main stand and it was so easy ..
    As others said ,great mileage , smooth ride , more storage , easy maintenance and stylish ...Activa

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  4. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

i have driven tvs 50,tvs xl super,kinetic, scooty, scooty pep, of all i found the scooty pep to be nice also scooty is good. kinetic is little heavy, once it got stuck i have to push for a long distance i was about to faint when i reached the destination. so my suggestion would be scooty pep.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I may sound a little preachy here but you will hopefully realise it is well intended.

1. Buy any 2 wheeler which you can safely and easily PUSH when it breaks down. Obviously pushing capacity varies from person to person and is inversely proprtional to the distance to the nearest mechanic.

2. Do Not travel alone on lonely roads at late nights, especially after 10 pm. in ANY CITY...

3. Do Not encourage or reply eve teasers who come in all shapes and forms...They come very close, make cat calls, whistle, overtake too near you etc. If intolerable ask for Police help.

4. Beware of your dupattas, yes ...Hanging loose from salwar kameez tops below the spokes and wheels is a grave and certain life risk as it may get entangled and cause fatal accidents..tie them in knots and make doubly sure...The same applies to sarees and pallus on vehicles without the saree guard!

5. Do not have boy-friends / husbands or other friends on your pillion who disturb you bodily or draw your attention by constant talking, requiring you to turn your neck! I have been a witness to a serious accident when a boy seated behind a girl on a scooty in Bangalore tickled her in the ribs and they fell on the road crashing down ...soon her giggles had turned into painful moans!

Observe traffic rules, Give hand-signals if your indicators are not working and give ADEQUATE TIME for others to react before taking turns!!...

Happy buy and safe driving!

~Nkumar
    Chennai

6. romanch61

romanch61 Junior IL'ite

:hiyaHai Rama, first of all same pinch for you....yes Honda active is far more better than anyother 2 wheeler I suppose...as it is any 2wheeler will land you up one day with back pain,Doctors say....

7. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    As said by all the other fellow bloggers Honda Activa is the best, and regarding putting the Centre Stand there is a certain technique and if you master it, it's quite easy.

There is another vehicle called Suzuki Access which is similair to Honda Activa, it's 125cc and also is slightly lighter.

Scooty Pep is also ideal as it has a 4 stroke engine and is quite maintenance free and is lighter than Honda Activa.

Regarding the TVS series of Mopeds, they give starting problem after a couple of years and though the issue of skidding is not there compared to Activa/Scooty/Access.

All the best for your new vehicle, do let us know which one you purchased. :thumbsup

8. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi rama_mani
    Honda Activa is the best & it is suitable for long drive & also for city drive but for the weight?!! If ur concern is weight then go for scooty...
    chitra

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I have driven Kinetic honda and TVS 50 when i was in india.If you need great mileage obviously TVS 50 is your best option.

Personally I like Kinetic honda becoz of it smoothness ,but the only problem was it skids easily than TVS.

10. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

So rama_mani what vehicle did you buy finally :)