Two Months But Hypo Thyroid

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by yasmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. yasmin

yasmin New IL'ite

I am two months pregnant but my tsh is 4.4 and free t4 is 15 normal. According to my doctor my tsh level is slightly high so she prescibed me Euthyrox 75mg.i am very upset is it ok to take thyroid medicine during pregnancey.share your views so i can start taking my medicine. Thanks

2. Dynamic

Dynamic Bronze IL'ite

Hello Yasmin,

congrats on your pregnancy... Once my doctor told me that in the starting months of pregnancy stabilized and normal thyroid levels of mother are very important. In pregnancy time also you have to start/continue thyroid medication.

yasmin likes this.
  3. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Dear yasmin,

Congratulations on your pregnancy .

there is no problem in taking thyroid medicine during pregnancy. Sometimes you get hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy and hence increase in ish level. Till this gets normal u may have to continue it and it will not affect pregnancy.

Remove all worries from your mind and stay happy always. My prayers for a safe ,healthy pregnancy and delivery.

yasmin likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

During pregnancy Thyroid levels are given more importance. Its not a harm to take tablets to regulate the pregnancy rather than left alone.
    Don't miss to check thyroid levels throughout pregnancy and take pills to regulate it.
    All the best.

yasmin likes this.
  5. yasmin

yasmin New IL'ite

Thanks you so much everyone for quick reply. I start taking my thyroid medicine.