1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two Innocent Men Butchered By Their Unfaithful Wives!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 18, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

How can I ever hope to argue?

When so many ladies have so beautifully argued the cases, I am a tad afraid and shy to put forth my arguments. They will pale into insignificance before the mighty words of the graceful ladies.
    I am not counter-arguing but just clarifying the points I have raised in connection with these two events.
    Kamla is right. As far as Europe is concerned (or for that matter the US) a crime is a crime and the sex of the offender is of least significance.
    So if similar incidents happened there in the West they would not have been so widely reported.
    I would love to revert to my earlier post on Uyir, Aasai and Vaali. When a lady lusts for her bil, they say that the culture is destroyed. The man doing the same thing, they just say 'The Director has done a nice job.' Or, 'Ajith's acting is superb.' You notice how the focus shifts.
    The samething happened here in this case.
    A man murdering his wife would be on page 5 or page 4 in a small column. A woman doing it gives the news its pride of place in page 3 and in some newspapers even in page 1. Thats one point to be noted.
    The second point is that I never justified the crimes. I am for giving the maximum punishment to the culprits, whether they are men or women.
    In male-dominated society when a woman is pushed to the extreme what she will do and what she can do, no one can predict. This is not about gender. This is about supression.
    A dog will always be its normal self. And when cornered it will try to run. Thats all. Try to corner a cat. It will even kill to have its freedom. Thats what happened in both the cases.
    Yes, poor Anantharaman could have been spared. But supressed rage knows no law or logic. Thats what parents should understand.
    If she had the courage to kill she should have fought it out or simply walked out of the marriage. Its easy to say that. But consider the reality.
    She would have been emotionally blackmailed. And she would have naively thought that she can live with the new man. But soon the supressed anger, frustration would have erupted and she would have done the impossible.
    One of my friends daughter fell in love with an unworthy fellow. Contrary to all stereotyped fathers he let them marry but did not allow them into his house. One month down the line the girl came back crying that she could not live with her lover.
    Her father then had the marriage divorced and married off the girl to a worthy man.
    Let the arguments continue.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    Vidya, thanks for the nice words. 'we carry the name and the names don't carry us.' I am relieved now.

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Adultery catches attention..........

Hello Sridhar,

I don't have anything specific to say - I do feel the same way as others.
    wonder why they stretched to such an extend, such extreme steps. Though the first one looks like a planned murder, the second one looks an impulsive act. Feel sad for them.

But then, why would you call the men "Innocent"??? Maybe the man of the first story was innocent but then the second one, the abuser, he doesn't deserve to live.

you mention lawyer and I'll have tales to tell.

I still remember how my friend had to change 3 lawyers because of their misconduct; when she went in for a divorce. It was first time in life I was exposed such things (thanks to my over protective family) & it was such a hell going to court. their profession gives them access to reach even the intimate part of their client's life & they take advantage of the situation. some even refer lawyers as the scum of our society - thanks to their cheap attitude. of course, as always, there could be exceptions.

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,

I read your "rally against God". I like it so much that I am now going back and reading all your old write-ups.
    Like Kamla said nothing shocks me anymore after hearing a lot of mishappenings in the western world. Recently there was news of two elderly 75 year old women holding two men that they picked off the street and killing them to collect their insurance.
    Coming to these news events.
    In the first case, The woman was probably obsessed with the auto driver. It was premeditated, cold murder. In the second case, she could have been induced by the nephew and they plotted together. She always had a choice of running away or reporting him.

Ultimately Love did not win, Hatred won!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  4. varalotti

Dear Usha,

Thanks for the compliments. It really flatters me to know that someone is digging up the archives to read old posts like this one.

You are right. People in the West have been sort of immunised against these happenings. But for us who have lived all our lives here in India the Munar killing was atrocious. Many of us lost sleep on that.

Hatred might have won the battle.But ultimately love always (no exceptions) wins the war.
    The lady might after a few decades realise that the auto driver for whose sake she murdered her unsuspecting husband was not really worthy of her love. Even this police case, prison life and constant agony might make her repent her crime. In the end she is going to be left alone high and dry and that's when she would feel for what she has done. That's the victory of love.

regards,

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Kamla- you are not hallucinating

Dear Varalotti
    It is sad to see such things happening around us now a days these things have become very common. Just to fulfil one's wishes human has become an enemy of another human.Taking ones llife is not the solution for this. Why can't people take decission in 1st place itself all these things could be avoided.
    It was nice reading all the replies.............

6. varalotti

Re: Kamla- you are not hallucinating

Dear Aruna,
    You're right. In those days people used to wait for their share of happiness. Even to drink coffee you will have to wait for half an hour. But today the buzz word is instant gratification. And people do not hesitate to do anything to get what they want. And that's the root cause of all evil.
    Thanks for the fb, Aruna, though the thread is about a year old.
    regards,