1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twins?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure if they are twins, but I believed them to be. More of a "look alike" twins, if you ask me. Only that they do not come together at all. Never. And boy! how beautiful they look! Their lovely complexion and cheerfulness makes anyone happy, just to look at them and energize themselves. Not many look at them though. What a pity!

It was a bit later that I came to know that they indeed are twins, born in an approximately twelve hours gap. And their mom, who always is seen as a mixture of emotions ranging from sad to serene to confused to many others, has that same expression, whenever they come. That of an immense happiness, that clearly shows. Her face looks so cherubic and captures your heart. It almost looks to me that all of a sudden, she weared the bright coloured spectacles like a child wearing one and happily sees everything with that colour. In fact, there are many who wait for her to be that happy and remembers her face and makes other to do so too.

While one of those boys bring the hope that is deperately required, the other is known to bring us a dreamy euphoria that we'd never like to come out of. And they are not enemies either and work in such hours making them not see each other at all, when they come. And, as the old saying goes, they do not last forever. In fact they just come, not just to almost mesmerize you, but also to indicate what comes next after them.

You might have guessed them who they are, by now. Aren't you smart fellas?

p.s. Changing her lovable hues often,
    She is found happier only when
    Her children come to her now and then.
    The sky, dawn and dusk are them!

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

RGS, Do i need to tell I enjoyed this post like anything. You know, just to enjoy the narration I read it twice.

From the beginning I understood that its about nature and was thinking about SUN but could not exactly point it out as dawn & dusk...

You have narrated so well RGS, personally as person who loves to lost in watching the sky and the colours in it, I loved your post very much. It is so gooooooooooddddd.

3. rgsrinivasan

Indebted to you Pallavi, for continuously providing quick feedback and motivation to whatever I scribble. Thanks a lot. Besides, I am a bit happy that you didn't get it this time, though you came close. -rgs

4. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

I also did not guess it, but it is indeed a lovely piece that you have written. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the less imaginative lot.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Chitrajan, for your appreciation. But I disagree to your mentioning of "less imaginative" part. It is just that many of you may not find even a few minutes of time in your hectic schedule. Thats it. -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Superb RGS !!!!!!!

Think you have written this in tamil poems section too....sorry if I am wrong.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading each line.

This time could guess RGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rgsrinivasan

I am left speechless and just looked at the image for a long time before clicking on "Reply" button Sunitha. There can't be a better honour to my post. Thanks so much. And thanks for referring to the tamil verse that I wrote earlier. I wrote about the dawn alone then, titled "Arunan" and another one, titled "NaaL" where I went about explaining the changes that happens through the course of a day. If I remember right, I even asked a riddle - "Who has white hairs while young and dark ones while older?" :) -rgs

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rgs,

Couldn't guess at all, but loved reading it.... enjoyed it again after known 'them'.... it certainly is a treat to read your posts!!

Akila

9. rgsrinivasan

Should I say that I am happier, as I receive such accolades from readers like you, Akila? Thanks a lot. -rgs

10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

:) RGS ..i simply admire the great artist who drew that picture....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your tamil poems were also so excellent RGS that I started enjoy watching the dawn and dusk in a different light since reading those lovely verses....!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup A must - read one !!!!!!!!!