1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tv Channels Need To Be Screened By Censor Board Before Telecasting

Discussion in 'TV' started by RohiniVenkat, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

+ this.

Do not watch TV in front of kids if you think there is inappropriate content. Period. I dont believe that a particular genre should be changed to accommodate parents/kids watching TV together. There maybe some that are suitable but for the most part, I like my saucy serials too much, thank you very much.

Take things like Two and a Half Men or Sex and the City...or even shows like Game of Thrones etc
    I wouldnt want a thing changed about them to accommodate kids. Kids can go watch Moana or Paw Patrol

yellowmango likes this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I think this is part of their growing up. It is hard and it makes no sense to hide these reality from our kids.
    They will be having their own phone and internet very soon, and every crap will be shown in their palm through their gadgets.
    Hiding now will only make them vulnerable later.

One of my grandma's friend became pregnant at the age of 16 out of her wedlock, and she died very recently.
    Many of my mom's friends, neighbors and known girls of that time did the same and their case became very popular those times, that my mom and aunts still talk about it.
    Same happened with my class mates too.
    This will repeat in the future generations despite of what they watch or not.

Better we regulate it according to the age of our kids, without being too strict or open

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

In every gen kids get more info than the prev gen. Parents need.to learn how to discuss taboos in clinical, sanitized ways. It would be both educational, and funny. How about some daal, eh?

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Communal watching of the TV became obsolete long ago. For me, it was when my child became old enough to ask why the Aunty in Kkusum or Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin TV serial was saying whatever she was saying, and why x slapped y, and why it was shown 3 times, with echo effect.

TV offerings range from cricket, other sports, TV serials that are about family (saas bahu), kids TV shows, news shows, movies related, science and so on. Very few can be watched with multiple generations sitting together. Or, in the living/drawing room where non-watchers might be sitting.

Viewing habits need to change rather than TV channels needing to be screened by censor board before telecast.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ok...i didnt get the ref...