1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey towel avatars.

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by kishoremommy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

I have nearly 15 long turkey towels used and unused.Nobody in my family prefers them to wipe after bath.I was using them to hold my baby.Now he is grown up.

As I know basic sewing ,I thought of converting them as either pillow covers or door mats.By cutting them into two I can make hand towels.

Can you give any more ideas?

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

How about using a couple thinknesses and make oven mitts? We always kept a few old towels around for wrapping up things for storage so they won't get scratched and the worst ones were saved for drying off the family dogs and cats after their baths or as bedding in their baskets. Some were saved for going to pool or beach.

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I use such towels for covering sofa seats. You can even use them as cover for computer stitched according to the size of cpu and monitor. You can cut towel into half and use them to wipe wet vessels and also as telephone mats.

4. kishoremommy

We don't have pets.But,I will store few towels for picnic purposes and wrapping purposes.

Thank you Tashidelek2002.

5. kishoremommy

Stitching computer cover and telephone mat are good ideas.

I even thought of stitching sewing machine cover,fridge top .

Thank you Igirish.

6. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

oh yeah you gave me an idea. I can stitch sewing machine cover. I need one very badly.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I am not sure how this will sound, but I would join a few of them to make a bed spread. Don't you think it will ook lovely if you cover the bed after you make it in the morning?

You could also stitch up a few of them together to make a small quilt for your little one to use when he sits on the floor!

8. kishoremommy

Dear Srama,

I got that idea too.But,with different colours stitched together,won't the bedspread look weird.And in the places were we connect them,we will feel uncomfortable while resting our back .

What do you think?

There are so many cotton salwar tops and nighties of different colours,torn at the shoulder portion.Other wise the tops are good.I thought of making screen clothes by stitching them together.

If we cut them at certain shapes and sew them together,they will look like patch work.But ,still I am afraid as I may spoil all the clothes.

I would appreciate if you give any idea or attach images showing this kind of recycling.

9. VJOICE

VJOICE Silver IL'ite

Hi,

You can make it as Neck Bib for you kid while feeding food.

Small Handkercheif - stitching the edges with colourful threads using buttonhole stitch.

Napkin for Dining Table.

Mobile Pouch.

Feeding Bottle Pouch (If your kids is still using,I don't know the ages of your younger one,by seeing the photo i have given you this suggestion).

10. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

By the way do we need separate needle in the sewing machine for stitching the turkey towels? If so what number? Pl enlighten.