TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

@Babyhope86 my period was almost regular befire marriage. It may sometimes delay one or two montha. After marriage my oeriods were very irregular. Each time I would came negative. Hence after gyanec consultantion and by god's grace I am having regular periods atleast now a days. But my ovulation is still a problem since I am sufferingfrom PcOs. From ultrasound what I have noticed is my cycles are anovulatory cycles. Dont know when god will hear my plea but i am trying to stay positive.

2. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Hello @saibulbul,

I am ttc and having regular periods. Last week I was diagnosed with hypothyroid problem(with antibodies). I got confused because I am regular in my periods whereas I have heard that thyroid problem causes irregular periods. I am now not sure if I am ovulating or not. Could you please share what is anovulatory cycle? I am planning to consult a gynac this week. I heard from my co-sister that ovulation scan is very painful(she also has thyroid prob with irregular periods). Is it the case for everyone? What is PCOS? Sorry if i am asking too many questions, which maybe i ought to ask a gynac. But the waiting time is making me anxious and am also scared of doctors/hospital in general:-(

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Hi @kalcandu after my marriage when my periods became irregular I did my thyroid test which came normal. Then I consulted a gynaec who told that I am suffering from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) . This means there are multiple numbers of small immature follicles present in the ovary . Since the follicles do not attain maturity hence they do not release any egg which means ovulation does not take place. Hence the cycle becomes anovulatory cycle. But period do occur regularly in some cases since the endometrium lining sheds away. This is PCOS. Regarding ovulation scanning this is transvaginal scan. This is little painful but bearable. No need to fear for pain. Gynaec will monitorthe follicular growth and check if they are maturing and ovulation is occuring. In case of PCOS gynaec prescribe clomid as first line treatment so that follicles growth can occur and when they are matured i.e. follicle size is aroun 18-22 mm then either you may ovulate naturally or by a trigger shot. This is in short about PCOS and anovulatory cycles.
    Dont bother to ask questions as we all are here to share each others pain. All the best to you dear. Be calm and stress free as this is very much required for conceiving.

kalcandu, Pri25080 and iamsrihere like this.
  4. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @saibulbul for your reply..I do have some pain in cervix area...Dont know whether its normal or i do have some problem with me..

Pri25080 likes this.
  5. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot @saibulbul. Grateful for your kind reply. I now feel more prepared to face the gynac and the ovulation scan. Ya my mil always teases me saying idukke bayanda epdi nee presava vali thaanguve(how will u bear labour pain if u r scared of small pains)!!

I realize that stress is detrimental to ttc. Need to control my mind. Thanks once again. All the best to you too and all the ladies here. May God bless us.

saibulbul likes this.
  6. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi all, had my FET yesterday.. blastocyst transfer. Lying on couch since then.

saibulbul and Vasumathy like this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All the best. Eat well and rest well.
    Baby dust to you.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

8. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Yup just remain stress free and cal down. When it is destined to happen it will happen. Baby is a lovely gift from god. When god wishes then everything will be perfect for the baby's arrival. Till then just pray and maintain a healthy life style. All the best to all the ladies.

kalcandu and Pri25080 like this.
  9. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

@memeera1234 take lot of rest. Wish you all the best dear. When are you due for testing.

10. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks@saibulbul, I am due for testing on 08th. Thoughts giving me jitters..Trying to stay positive..Keeping fingers crossed