Ttc Periods Delayed But Hpt Negative

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sandy27, Feb 14, 2017.

1. sandy27

sandy27 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have some clarification pls let me know if any of you have experienced the same.

We planned this month with doc advice based on follicular study. I was prescribed Dulphoston tablet for 7 days from 21st to 27th day twice a day. Was given hcg injection on day 12, My LMP was 7th jan 2017 and i dint get my periods still. My HPT came negative. I started getting brown spotting lately.

My doubt is having Dulphoston tablet will induce bleeding if pregrancy has not occured but why is that im not getting my periods even after 9 days overdue. Ans geting brown spotting on and off.. What could be the reason. Has any of you experienced this?? Will I get periods soon or am I pregnant or is there any problem I need to check. Im so confused, pls share your comments.

Thanks
    Sandy

2. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

@sandy27 Duphaston can cause spotting sometimes n since u r saying it's 9 days due with hpt negative, u can wait another week n retest because it can take sometime for the harmone to build up n get excreted in urine. If u really want to confirm pregnancy u can go for serum beta HCG levels which will give u clear picture. If at all it's negative again ul have to wait for ur periods since it takes 3-10 days to get withdrawal bleed post duphaston therapy. Will pray that u get ur BFP this month itself. Tc dear.

Nonya likes this.
  3. sandy27

sandy27 New IL'ite

Thanks for your response. Will wait for few more days and do a blood test. Thanks for your prayers.

ashwinim3006 likes this.
  4. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I was in same course like you with follicular study and duphaston tablets, but i was told to take for 10 days. I also had spotting 2 days before my due date. So i thought i was about to get my periods. But i dint get it. Went to the doc, she asked if i had any period like symptoms like pain in abdomen etc. I dint have any. She asked me to take a urine test 5 days later. It turned out to be positive.
    So hoping it will be the same way for you as well :)
    Do yo also have period symptoms?
    And yea beta hcg test helps, even at a early stage. Try that if you do not get it even after few days.

5. sandy27

sandy27 New IL'ite

Thanks Meenu for the response. I had cramps for a day and after which i got brown spotting on and off.. i thought ill get periods in a day or two but its been 5 days since I had those symptoms. Not sure if im prefnant or not.. Hopefully the tests come out positive praying.....