TTC - need suggestions and help.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Riya2012, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hi There,

We are ttc for the second time this year. Our last time was last year approx the same time when I lost my little bean at 8-10 weeks and miscarried naturally 2 weeks after diagnosis of a irregular shaped york sac(fetus with right gestational age and strong heartbeat).I was spotting slightly at 6-7 weeks which i tried to consult with my GP only to see she wasnt worried about.No medical suggestions were provided to us and i finally ended up in NHS accident and emergency for excessive blood loss & to loose my little angel.

It really took long to cop up with the pain and loss before we decided to start all over again.

Since, we are based in UK and there is no special or particular care given till you are 8 weeks past on your preganancy, I was wondering if any one of you could help me with this.

I got myself checked up on our last visit back home and doctor said things were fine to start ttc again.. apart from suggesting me a 3 month course of oral progesterone pills once i fall pregnant.

Now this was our first cycle ttc after the loss we had last year, I think i could be pregnant(need to wait 2 more days before i take HPT).

I want to travel back to India in case my test comes positive.

So my questions are-
    1. Will it be safe to travel being so early on my pregnancy or i should delay the travel.
    2. Our home is split level and i need to climb staircase every time i need trips to wash room. Is it harmful in early preganancy?

3. What precautions should i take in my eating habits.I am a vegitarian and already taking folic acid tablets for precautions.

4. Do progesterone pills have any side effects?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
    Rgds,
    Riya.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

HI Riya

1. It is safe to travel to India as longs your Doctor gives an OK.Given your histopry of MC if possible avoid until 8 weeks

2.NO issues in climibing stairs.IT will not in anyway affect the uterus or the baby

3.NO precautiosn for eating .Avoid foods that generate heat like papaya ,pine apple and sesame seeds

4.Not sure abt progestrone shots .

If you are in UK u might want to try Prenatal vitamins since yourt are vegetarian .They have balanced mix of all vitamins instead of folic acid alone .

Stay positive and eat healthy

Good luck for your HPT .Psot us your updates soon.

Lots of sticky baby dust on you

1 person likes this.
  3. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hi Riya,

Each females is different when it comes to body structures. In that sense if in early there is an MC; then just be careful what you do everyday. If you are traveling 2-3 hrs in train/bus better to avoid that for atleast 8-10 weeks. It goes the same for visiting India too.
    Basically elders and most of other ladies advice don't stress/strain your body so that lot of heat generates can cause a problem.
    If you think genuinely this then think of moving to a place where washroom/kitchen/bathroom are on same floor.

Card is on your deck

4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Riya, I agree with Lochu on point 1,2,3

since you had gone through MC, you will get an early doctor appointment.

Progesterone side effect -- you may get constipation, tiredness, breast tenderness, headache .

As suggested by Lochu, you should start taking Prenatal Vitamins like Pregnacare, Moms To Be you can get these in Boots/Superdrug. Along with this try to have healthy food.

Try to do some kind of exercise, those who are active they get pregnant fast.

Good Luck, waiting to hear the good news from you soon :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

my friend got miscarriage in her 6the week..she got pregnant again in 3 months... they have applied for visa extension (canada) but unfortunately it is rejected so they were in the position to travel back to india, she traveled in her 7the week but everything went fine..now she completed her first trimester

so i would say u can travel with doctor's permission
    avoid eating heaty foods.
    take prenatal vitamin tablets

6. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks everyone for sharing your views.

I tested positive on HPT today.

Going to start taking duphaston pills 3 times a day.Share your experiences if any on this.

@Pumpkin01/Lochu:Thanks for stopping by.Is it necessary to take prescription before starting prenatal vitamins or is it a over the counter tablet?When should i start taking them?

I m going to book an appointment with my GP and will be seeking doctors advise for travelling before 8 weeks Lets hope for the best.

Keep me in your prayers.

Thanks once again.

7. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Oh wow Riya, that's fabulous news :) congratulations ......:) take good care of yourself, do not bend and do as your Doc suggests. My prayers are there for you.

You don't need any prescription for pregnacare, you can get it on the medicine section. Start it from today itself, don't delay. if you were already taking folic acid then for time being stick to it as in the first trim folic acid is very important if you weren't taking anything previously then take the pregnacare as it has got most of the vitamins that is required during the pregnancy. take care of yourself and the baby :)

Thanks for sharing the news :) good luck.

1 person likes this.
  8. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Pumpkin01(blush..blush).

I started taking folic acid from the day we ttc. I will stick to your suggestion of continuing folic acid in first trimester and will surely get pregnacare asap.

Thanks for all your support and suggestions.

9. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

Congrats Riya, take care have healthy 9 months ahead

1 person likes this.
  10. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

Congrats Riya...H&H 9M...God Bless!

1 person likes this.