Ttc.. High Pcod And Motility Issue

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Smitashagu, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Smitashagu

Smitashagu New IL'ite

Hello,
    I am new to this site. Came across few forums and real good replies. I came seeking here for some advice. Kindly help me as I'm a lot confused...

As mentioned I have PCOS to the level where I have been treated for 4 years with metformin, injections and so on. I have changed 2 Dr.'s.. since 2 months I have been treated by a new Dr. My period is between time. It gets delayed by 40-45 days some times 30-35days. Irregular. The new Dr. Put me on pills and I had a scan done on 11th day for follicle study. It showed many follicles on both the ovaries largest on RO : 6mm, LO: 7mm and endometrium lining 6mm. Today I had another scan on 16th day but no growth. LO: 8mm. Dr. Asked me to try for another month. To be honest I'm kind of loosing hopes. My husband is also having issues related to motility. I don't no what to do now.
    Is considering IVF would be a good option? Or any other treatment? Injections and pills seems to be not effecting me :(
    How much does IVF costs in india and the success rate?

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello !

Are u over weight ? The first thing u would want to do is check ur BMI, and if it's above 25, please try n lose some weight. This is like the first treatment of pcos.
    U would want to change ur life style and include some exercise.
    Pcos is basically due to hormonal imbalance and the male hormones r high.
    My cousin sister too had pcos, was very bad , tried for 3 years and was advised for lap ovarian drilling. She conceived the following month of lap.
    I would suggest don't jump directly into more aggressive treatment.

Ask hubby also include lot of fruits and start taking some antioxidants and then try repeating his test.
    Don't lose hope like this ...
    It's a difficult journey but not impossible ..
    Stay positive ..
    Good luck

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First you need to fight with pcos. Once its under control, conception can happen with proper support.. Without treating pcos, its a very hard journey with TTC.
    Find the reasons of pcos. Study the hormone levels in your body. Check out on your weight and bmi. Work towards getting a strong and healthy body. Things will fall in place along with it. Ivf can't guarantee results until your body is ready for responding to medications.

Agony likes this.
  4. Smitashagu

Smitashagu New IL'ite

Thanks for ur advice ladies.. I'm not overweight. Weight is under control. Yes I need to change my lifestyle. I am and will definitely work on it . And yeah my hubby comes once In a year for 2 months. So I can try only on those two months. Thts the issue.

5. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

HI,
    i am also sailing in the same boat. i am reducing weight but it seems that it come back even if i control it. (Thanks to my MIL she keeps yelling at me to eat everything even if i dont she will try and emotional blackmail me. ) MY H also keeps travelling sue to which it is touch having just couple of months waiting for right time for it. what to do
    rupz.