TTC and periods are getting irregular - need help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jaanarshi, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jaanarshi

jaanarshi Senior IL'ite

Hi IL's

My period was regular until we decided to have a baby. Since then its been delayed plus the flow was reduced from 3 days to 1. So after 3 months of trying i consulted a gynec and had tests taken. My overies, uterus and hormones were fine but had low hemoglobin level. So doctor prescribed me iron tablets and M2 tone syrup for 3 months. My hemo level has become normal and periods were delayed only by 2 days. But the third month the periods was delayed again i thought i was pregnant since it never was delayed more than 5 days but had my period on cd45 which is on July 14. This month we couldnt try as i went to my hometown and dh wasnt well but yet dint get my periods yet (I have. Its frustrating and im also afraid that it might cause problems in conceiving. Has anyone been in my situation? Could someone help me with this situation? Im afraid bcos irregular periods is a big problem in conceiving. With this type of cycle im not sure of my fertile days. Would appreciate ur help.

2. reachingskies

reachingskies Silver IL'ite

I suggest you to get fsh and amh test done to rule out all the possibilities for having irregular periods. fsh test will be done on 2 or 3 rd day of your Menses. Meet your doctor and get that test done...

My periods was regular till we didn't thought of having a baby and got messed up when we thought of planning a baby...

3. jaanarshi

jaanarshi Senior IL'ite

Thanks reachingskies. Will speak with my doctor abt it. Is ur periods regular now?

4. reachingskies

for past 3 months....it was little better.......
    This cycle..i doubt it...

5. jaanarshi

jaanarshi Senior IL'ite

K hope we would get our good news soon. Every month i start a cycle with hope but at the end i lose hope and confidence. When the cycle extends it scares me that i might not get pregnant. Everywhere i go i just see lots of pregnant woman. Im happy for them but at the same time i feel bad that im not able to be in that position. DH dint go for a test yet, he says he would check only when we complete 1 year of TTC. Im just fed up with everything. Y is it so difficult? I known few girls who were weak than me got pregnant in just one try whereas here 6 months have passed but not a single hope. But im thankful to god that im not having PCOS or other problems but nothing good is also not happening. Sorry for bothering you its just i dont have anyone to share these and i wanted to let it out. Thank you for responding earlier it just felt good to see a reply.

6. AkanshaA

AkanshaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jaanarshi,

Sometimes stress also makes the periods get delayed. Try not to think about your TTC and just enjoy. Am sure you will be blessed with a baby soon. As you said you have not even TTC for an year now don't keep thinking about TTC and track your fertile days. Relax and try to divert your mind in something else which you like. Stress makes the things get worse. Eat healthy and just chill.

Lots of baby dust to you,
    Akanshaa

7. reachingskies

Hello jaanarshi. ...

I also hope for that.but I decided to go for ivf in india in this year..ask your husband to give his tests...what if you came to know that he also has to be treated after 1 year of ttc. It will delay your pregnancy. ..don't think I am saying negatively. ...when I went to doctor for my problem....though I and my doctor know that my problem is from my side...I.e., I have irregular periods, my doctor insisted my husband to give his tests..since she dont want me to suffer with the pain.....once I got fixed with my problem. .I will be completely devastated if I came to know that I have to wait till my husband's treatment is done...luckily my husband's reports came out damn good..

even I feel depressed sometimes...but believe in yourself. ..I am much confident that I will have my baby one day...what all is I don't the date...I believe in it...keep ur spirits high dear....

With out reason periods won't get delayed..it could be either stress or hormonal imbalance or something else...

don't think bad that I am saying you again....just get done your amh and fsh and prolactin tests..

if case if you have done its fine..

the reason why I am saying you again is ....after 6 months of married life..when my periods r very long and delayed I went to doctor...I strongly believed that something was really wrong from my side since my moms periods stopped early...but my doctor didn't do any tests in feb 2011 and said that it may be due to climate change as I came to US 6 months back...after that though my periods r completely messed up in 2011 I felt I am have to chane food habits and tried for some months ... I delayed seeing my doctor for 4 months and booked appointment with my new doctor and came to know that I am ovarian fsilure case in jan 2012...I feel I really wasted one year of my ttc..

I don't want you to do that my dear...

If a problem has come...though you take treatment or not...cause for the problem has to be detected. ...

Sorry for elaborate mail and sorry if my words hurt you....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  8. jaanarshi

jaanarshi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Akanshaa. I know im not supposed to stress but sometimes im not able to just control my thoughts. In few days i have to attend a function which is conducted for the pregnant lady if i go there deftnly all relatives will qstn me abt baby they would never understand that it would hurt me.. Im just worried how im going to attend that function. Im trying my best to just ignore things. Guess its all part of our life. Thanks for ur wishes dear.

9. jaanarshi

jaanarshi Senior IL'ite

Hi Reachingskies

Im not hurt with what u said i agree with whatever u said. Those points are my side of argument to DH too. Im 28 yrs and he is 32 yrs. His brother had low sperm count problem and he is afraid that he might have it too but he is just being adament in checking it. U know its always the girl who will be blamed by the society for all problems. After 3 months of TTC my mother blamed me saying that it is me who is having fertility problems just to prove her wrong i went to doctor and had basic checks done and the result was normal only then she stopped hurting me. Im really fed up with my life i just think y in the world did i marry? Having so many problems with dh and his family on the other hand its about the baby. No one in my family had infertility problems so kind of hoping that it would be the same in my case too. I know trying to concieve may take a little long for few couples its just that i want to make sure that we both dont have any fertility problems bcos finding it out after a year and then starting treatment for it would be a long time.... But im not able to do anything and this helplessness makes me go mad.. Wish life would be easy sometimes.. Will keep trying to convince dh about the test.. Will c what fate has in store for me. Hope this horrible part of life just passes away. Thanks for ur advise. Im sorry for ur problems but atleast u know what u r battling with wish u that all the problems will be solved and u would be a mom soon. Lots of baby dust to u.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. reachingskies

Thanks for your wishes Jaanarshi,

Don't think that your Husband has even low sperm count has his brother has problem.
    Because of today's work culture and lifestyle...today's women are facing more issues when compared to old generation.

Just try to convince him to give tests and tell him that you don't reveal reports to anyone...
    Make him clear that you don't want both of them to suffer after a year...

Be brave dear.........
    Everyone will get her's piece of cake..Its just about matter of time...
    Hope ur husband agrees to give his tests

2 people like this.