1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ttc And Il's Role

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Caughtinbetween, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, @Caughtinbetween for the promotion, for the raise, for starting IVF and most of all for your resolve and attitude. You sound so much more confident and positive than you did when you first logged in.

You are indeed in a tough spot. I think it's time to take your ILs on and fight back. The next time they are abusive, simply hang up. And stop taking their calls after that. They will complain to your DH and he will confront you. Tell him that you were so angered by their inappropriate talk that you were about to blurt out the truth about his issues and so hung up instead. Don't let it sound like a threat, assure him that you're on his side and you will not blab.

Do you think this would work for you?

All the best, Cib. Baby dust to you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thanks @yellowmango for the wishes . Work is my only hope and top priority.
    I dont disagree with what you said in the above post .You're spot on , appreciate it .
    I have one ques . Will come back in a few mins to ask more .

3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you everyone above for your suggestions .
    Off late , I can and wanted to ask a lot of things to H but I stop myself not sure why but i do. Was thinking what do you all do . I don't tell or ask a lot of things to H because I know that we might say something on face but will hold the grudges for all that happened in past and what will happen in the future .
    I ,for one , can not talk freely , if I know someone will hold it against me.
    So mostly what we talk is mostly very random general stuff about household or ttc . Of course , ttc talks can soon turn stressful or into blame game , self pity or being counter defensive etc. So I just keep quiet during that time . Its actually very stressful for me to keep up the conversation being overtly conscious of not venturing into controversial topics . We dont discuss ils (either side) or foo. He makes sure that he shops for all the luxuries for ils when I am at work and order confirmations , phone discussions etc. happen when i am away . When I come to know about it some time later I do honestly feel a little pinch inside me . Not because he spends money on them , but it in someways brings back all the past memories . The fact that at the end of it all he squarely puts the blame on one and other walks free hurts .
    Sorry , I always veer off when I start writing .
    So many times I feel like telling him the other side of the story and asking him about his behavior , his stance ; but dont because i feel it will only make things sour and improves nothing.
    But ,anyways coming to the doubt . what do you do if your partner holds some major grudges . If communication yields no results . When talking to h is not the option. Do you live with it or what do you do to start afresh ?

On a side note , want to know the best places to buy ivf medications for cheap . A lot of online based pharmacies where meds are less expensive are routed through EU and Israel. Any feedback on their reliability is much appreciated . upto 50% less price is making me lean towards them. But if it does mess up I will buy it from local pharmacies though. Where can I buy gonal-f (1200iu) , menopur (400iu) and generelix for less ? Dr. ofc did not give any donation info but few pharmacies list which cost less than what insurance offers. If going through web pharmacies it would be little less than $2k but physical pharmacy shops are quoting around 4.5k so I am siding more towards them. Any suggestions and opinions are welcome .

Once again thank you all for your time and efforts.
    Good day/night !