Trying to conceive with sperm issues

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amma1981, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Priyankamaloo

Priyankamaloo New IL'ite

HI,friends
    im traying to conceive since last 3 years , i am pcod and other all my repots r normal. my dr. says it not hard 4 me to concieve but my husband speam count is low ......... dr gave him some vitamin tablets but no progress. one day some one suggest us 4 homeopathy treatment. he go 4 that and the result is also +ive his count bcome 10 from 1.5 ,but still i konw is hard to get pragnant . wht can i do?which treatment is sutable for me

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Do continue the treatments whichever you take for your DH since count has increased. Include healthy diet & follow those natural remedies for increasing sperm count. It would take some time to show the significant difference, hence do continue taking the treatment!
    Just a single sperm & a healthy egg is needed to succeed in pregnancy. My best wishes to catch them sooner & succeed!

3. savij

savij New IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,

First, I would like to wish you good luck in achieving pregnancy.

Don't worry too much about not getting pregnant. Worry and stress are major detriments in achieving pregnancy. Be cool and happy, enjoy life and believe in god. I have been in your situation and I can understand the pain you and your DH are going through. This stress will in no way help you dear.

Since you have PCOS, try to keep your weight low. Do not tax yourself with too much exercise. Take up some less demanding ones like walking. I would like to walk with my husband in the evening. This helps and improves are love for each other. Be supportive and trust in god. The love and understanding you both share as a couple will make a lot of difference.

Eat healthy foods and avoid taking junk foods. Take folic acid and other required vitamins. Try to add some greens in your diet. Also, try charting your basal temperature to get a clear picture of your fertile days. You can find more information in "http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/55275-a-z-of-trying-conceive.html". Vasumathy had compiled many useful topics on TTC. It is very helpful. Once you find your fertile window, try every other day. Studies say that trying everyday may decrease the sperm count.

Last but not the least, dream about your baby. Imagine how you will feel when you hold your beautiful baby in your hands. Dream about the difference your baby will make in your life. Your dreams do make a positive impact.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
    Savi.

PriyaDhani likes this.
  4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I sugest going for an IUI. With pcos and low sperm count, we were able to get pregnant on our first IUI. Talk to your doc, tell him/her you dont want to waste time trying on your own. Continue with healthy diet n excercise, avoid carbs as much as you can. get your sugar tested as well to rule out insulin resistance. ask dh not to wear tight underwear or take very hot showers/baths and no sitting in hot tubs/sauna either

5. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@pmahensa...

How much count your husband had during IUI?

usually what should be the count during post wash IUI?

What was your count post wash IUI.?

HOW MUCH IT COSTED YOU FOR IUI?

My doc SAID we have very less chances with IUI...just 5%

OUR'S is male factor low sperm count( 13million) and low morphology 1 %

Sweety !!

6. Happysoul1234

sweety dh had 4% morphology and 20 m count I think. at iui post wash we had 5 million and 2 million (doc did 2 iui's 24 hrs part). docs were not optimistic with these #'s but as they say all it takes is 1 good sperm. now we are blessed with a 2 year old.

the iuis were like 300 each and the sperm wash was 200 each I think. we did an injectibles cycle with iui and including the cost of ultrasounds/blood work and insurance copays our total cost out of pocket was around 1700.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  7. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@pmahensa...

Thanks !!

Good your are blessed with a child now..!!!!!

even doc suggested u to go for IVF?

Sweety..

8. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@pmahensa...

which injectables you used during IVF?

afte back 2 back iui ,is natural IC necessary?

Sweety !!

9. Happysoul1234

they told us IVF but we decided to go with IUI's first since it's a lot less invasive and lot less expensive too.

i think I used follistim for the injectibles.

we stayed away from IC during the IUI's since IC would have lowered the count even further.

also the whole point of doing an IUI is to wash the sperm, remove the bad ones and inject only the good ones so that the good ones don't have to "fight" their way to the egg. my theory is that with low sperm count, the good sperm have a blocked path to the egg, the blockages being the bad sperm. if you do an iui, 1st of all you are removing the bad sperm from the path of the good sperm, and 2nd of all, because the sperm is deposited closer to the uterus/fallopian tubes, they do not have to swim up from your vagina to the uterus/fallopian tubes. because of these 2 factors, I feel that the good sperm then can use the energy to fertilize the egg rather than waste it on swimming/dodging the bad sperms.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  10. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@pmahensa..

Thanks fo clearly explaining!!!

Sweety