Trying to conceive with sperm issues

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amma1981, Mar 12, 2009.

1. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Re: PCOS and Zero Sperm count

Hi friend,
    Sorry to know about your problem.

If at some point of time, you decide to adopt, pls let me know. I can give you some info. We adopted an angel 1.5 years back.

Have a nice day.

2. hopeforchild

hopeforchild New IL'ite

@ epandian

Thank you thank you so much...

I would be very happy to have the details of the adoption center..

I have so many questions regarding adoption.. ( though me and Dh havent had a discussion abt it ) Even I dont know whether I am ready for it.. My I feel... Once in my heart If I feel it is my baby... my property... I am gonna take care of the baby with full affection..

we I be able to visit the center and hold the baby b4 even the procedure start? I mean just a visit ( I know selection would be the last step).. I just want to around them once or twice before I make a decision.

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear friend,

You can adopt a baby.Have an IUI combined with donor sperm.Before that,consult your Andrologist and speak about MESA/TESA ICSI options available.

It is the procedure where sperm is extracted directly from the testis/abdomen or from a suitable place where the sperm actually resides.It is an easy OP procedure and trust me,it has been beneficial to many people out there.

Try your level best on this!Dont worry.Age is in your side!

Good Luck with whatever you decide!

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    1. First talk to your husband. You cannot be double minded on this. So make sure both of you agree 100%.
    2. Yes, you can visit an adoption center.
    3. No, you cannot hold the baby before the paper work. Just like you cannot pick and choose your birth baby, you cannot go and look at 10 babies in an orphanage and choose one. They will get your photo and match a child that resemebles your features and color as best as they can.
    4. But you can choose the gender and age of the baby you want to adopt.
    5. Dear the baby will not be your property as you have mentioned :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    6. Instead you will be his / her property. They will control your life. Those angels weighing just a few kilos will own you. Ask anyone who delivered a baby in the past few months....:drowning Your life will change drastically...but we are loving it.
    7. Another tip...in case you are worried about how parents / siblings will react. Do not worry. These babies will handle them better than us. Our parents are literally her slaves.
    Well time for baby madam to wake up...I better get her bfast ready. See ya. Let me know if you have any more questions.

5. RajBlore

RajBlore New IL'ite

Re: Does anyone have remedies for SA report

Dear bfp2010,

My DH has been diagonized with bilateral varicocele. After the diagnosis he was put on medication for a month after which SA showed decreased motility(from rapid progression of 25% to 9%) and increased count from 74mil/ml to 104mil/ml. Morphology is normal. DNA fragmentation index was at 50%, which is abnormal.

He was put on different medication for another month - after which motility returned back to 25%, count 84mil/ml * 2.5ml, Live sperm - 28%, but DNA fragmentation index is at 70%, which is highly abnormal.

We were planning an IUI this cycle, not sure if that will workout with an abnormal DNA fragmentation Index. After some googling he is planning to take vitamin C & E supplements which could rectify DNA-FI.

Our next option is to go for varicocele surgery, reading your experience has given me confidence. Could you pls share the details of the doctor who performed the surgery, clinic name and location.

Friends,

I am new to this forum, will be scanning for more info on varicocele. Pls share info about doctors in Bangalore who are famous and successful at varicocele surgery.

Thanks, Rajalakshmi

6. bfp2010

bfp2010 New IL'ite

Dear Rajalakshmi
    your husband SA reports looks very gud to me. i honestly dont feel any allopathy medicines specially clomid and stuffs can help with improving the SA.
    But i was giving my DH cold milk and honey and also folic acid for 2 months when i got pregnant.
    My Dh was operated by Dr. Nebu Isaac in Puspagiri medical college, Tiruvalla, Kerala..he is a very knowledgeble doctor and quite proffesional. This july will be my DH one year post surgery and by gods grace i am already 7 months pregnant.
    So dont loose hope, try folic acid and other natural remdies and also with your counts probable you will not need surgery.
    hope you will share a BFP very soon.

7. bfp2010

bfp2010 New IL'ite

Also rajalakshmi..it takes 3 months for sperms to be formed so what ever therapy/medication you do today will show the positive or negative results exactly after 3 months...
    Also there is a site called fertilichat..google it and go through the male infertility forum, that will improve your knowledge a lot.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey BFP,
    After a long time seeing you here...
    Hope you are doing great!
    Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

HI RajaLakshmi,
    You just need single good sperm. Stay positive & proceed with your IUI. Try those home remedies in the mean time!
    Baby dust to you.

9. KJShah

KJShah New IL'ite

The reports are fine as all of us said before. Just maintain healthy diet and lifestyle and moderate exercise regime. have heard it helps in TTC. Also, if your gynac is acting suspicious, have a open conversation with him/her about how you would like to make informed decisions and would love to discuss all reports at length. Also, if you dont understand anything, pls ask them without feeling silly. Its important.

10. RajBlore

RajBlore New IL'ite

BFP, Vasumathy, KJShah, Thanks for your responses and kind words. I am glad to hear experienced friends saying the numbers look good, those words does give me strength.

BFP, Can you pls recommend brand name of any folic acid tablets that we could purchase over the counter. Otherwise he is already on dates, nuts, almond, honey and cold milk since yesterday. Need to hunt for unsalted pumpkin seeds - does salted or unsalted matter?

Just happen to read about ice therapy, will try that next cycle along with IUI.