Trying to conceive with sperm issues

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amma1981, Mar 12, 2009.

1. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

Re: Does anyone have remedies for SA report

hi bfp,

Thanks for your reply. Four months back my hubby's count was 18million/ml and dr said that other readings (morphology, motility) also good. But the recent SA shows it is only 2 million/ml. then dr suggested to go for scan and found varicocel problem. he also prescribed the tablet NANO LEO and said it would be good to go for the operation.

We are going for a second opinion and based on the dr suggession we will decide. thank you for sharing your information.

take care and enjoy your pregnancy..

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi

My husband had worst than this report ............. we are praying god for his improvement and daily he takes (FIGS, gingelly oil ) with empty stomach ; avoid chicken , take tomatoes or orange one a day , night cold milk with ghee . Murugan and Garbarakhshambigai bless you with a child .

3. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

Hi blessbabydust,

i have a doubt: the cold milk means whether we need to keep it in fridge and drink or drink without hot after boiling.

loads of baby dust to you...

4. hopeforchild

hopeforchild New IL'ite

PCOS and Zero Sperm count

My dear closest friends,

I joined Indusladies just a couple of days ago, reading the posts I felt like I was speaking in posts. I now feel that you are all my closest friends with whom I can sahre the things, which I cannot share even with my siblings.
    Here is my story. which means that we becoming biological parents is next to impossible. The chances are very slim.

What are my options?
    1) endless fertility treatment
    2) Adoption

In my family on both sides there are no childless couples. No one adopted kids. though we have siblings.. I dont know how far they will be ready to give their kid to us for adoption. In this era of 1 or none, I dont think anyone will come forward to give away their kids.

Please any soul sister who shares a story similar to me please pour in. I don't want lead my life with out kids. And I don't have courage to adopt in the same time. Please help me.

I Love kids so much. Since my childhood my goal was to have bunch of kids.when ever I see others with their lovedones my heart aches. I want to see Jr me and my Jr dh.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
  5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: PCOS and Zero Sperm count

Hi Dear,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. You can find our forum guidelines here...

You can fight PCOS with proper care. Concentrate in weight reduction. Do regular exercises. Avoid Carbohydrate based foods. Eat more protein & fiber rich foods. More vegetables & greens. There any many pcos who have conceived with/without medical support. You can be one such. Earlier i am heavy, had PCOS & the great infertility. Now at least i have reduced & managing the weight irrespective of the treatments i take. Just focus on weight reduction, you will surely be one step ahead in PCOS.

For your dh, try those home remidies. It may help him to get something better. Does he met Urologist with the SA? Did they gave up? If not met urologist, give a try.

Never loose hope. Stay positive & work hard.
    GOD will surely bless you.

6. roopahari

roopahari New IL'ite

Dear Hopeforchild,
    PCOS is a fairly common nowadays. Keep taking metformin, try walking and going on a low glycemic index diet.

Please go through this article, it has answers to most of your questions- Zero Sperm Count | Azoospermia | Male Infertility| Baltimore, MD | Dr. Karen Boyle

Do keep up the hope. There is still time, and you are young, if it comes to that, do keep adoption open as an option, what is wrong if you are the first in your family to adopt?
    If you think adoption is completely ruled out, you can try surrogacy. There is always a way, if there is a will.....

7. Babydream

Babydream Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear,

I agree with Vasumathy, PCOS can be controlled with proper diet.I personally know 3 people who conceived with PCOS after reducing weight and proper care.For your husband try to see Urologist and get SA done atleast 3 times with 1 month gap.Sometimes it can be lab mistake while doing SA.Be brave and trust god.

Babydust for you.

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

PCOS can be over come easily. You can see the PCOS threouads in IL and you will be able to know the home remedies. Keeping weight in control and exercise will help you win PCOS easily.

As mentioned by others please use the home remedies for Sperm count and consult a urologist. One of my friend's spouse had this and they made it thru IUI using donor sperm. I am not sure if you would like it, but options are wide open. Think about the advanced medical field now and you will get the confidence dear.

Also there is a life for you and your spouse. I agree kids make your life beautiful, but that's not your entire life. Enjoy life the maximum and treatments will make you succeed.

9. saths

saths Senior IL'ite

Dear,
    U know what, we have given Semen Sample three times....And 3rd time my DH got irritated.....first time they told no sperms and they need the sample again to clear the doubt...second time again a similar reason....but third time when we tested we were happy to know he is perfect in his side...he had good count , good mobility and liquification....And I have PCOD....am on metaformin 1500md per day.....my cond is far better now....so dont loose hope....

As our friends suggested, check with the urologist and you keep strick diet and exercise....

You will hold your own baby soon...

Our prayers are with you

10. Rachana05

Rachana05 New IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all dont lose hopes..This is a very common problem nowadays..a friend of mine is taking homeopathy medicine for PCO and is seeing good results..i would suggest doing Yoga n Pranayam ..it has been found very beneficial...All this combined together should prove effective..