Trying to conceive with sperm issues

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amma1981, Mar 12, 2009.

1. amma1981

amma1981 New IL'ite

Info on Semen Analysis

hi ladies,
    need a information from u people. when we do semem analysis can u list me the like for a normal men what should be a sperm count,% for mortality and % of morology and what should be the gap before taking the test.

its very urgent.pls send your valuable reply.

1 person likes this.

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

re: Info on Semen Analysis

Amma,

Here is a link which tells you about the details you require: Semen analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Although my DH too underwent a sperm analysis, I do not remember the average values for a normal count. As for the gap, there should be a 2-3 days gap before a sample is collected for testing. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I am sure ILites will be able to help you.

Regards,
    Anitha

3. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

re: Info on Semen Analysis

amma,

there are two different ways for semen analysis..one is the normal WHO criteria and other one is Kruger strict criteria..the range of normal values in both these vary..so you should make sure which test ur doctor is performing before you compare the results..i also dont remeber the normal values for count, motility and morphology..the link given in the above post would help you to get an idea on this..also try googling the normal values for both methods..it is good to avoid intercourse 3-4 days before the sperm analysis..

4. saramah

saramah New IL'ite

motility problem

Friends,
    i married since 2 yrs, no good news till now, we are having frequent contacts, now we are in treatment , came to know that my husband is having motility problems, count is normal, but motility is less. we are staying in bangalore, dont know where to get murungai leaf...is there any ayurveda shop where we can get murungai powder. pls suggest.

5. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

Re: motility problem

hi,

post your questions pregnancy and labour forum,you will get more replies.

deepa

6. miracal

miracal New IL'ite

trying to conceive with low sperm count

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this site and I'm happy to see some friendly indian ladies who are very helpful and encouraging.We are in dubai trying to conceive for three years.but no luck. my husband has 7million sperm count only with 40% motility. currently i'm with doctor saritha kapoor getting treated for almost two months. any one have been to her and had success results???she has told me to do a HSG test. I'm worried and scared about it. any one has done it here and how is it? and any of the ladies got pregnant with low sperm count?i'm 28 years old.

7. surekha

surekha New IL'ite

Re: trying to conceive with low sperm count

Oh boy! stop worrying first. I am the best example for that i guess. I conceived my first kid with just one.All u need is one.Stop worrying and start enjoying this time.No need to worry for safety precautions.I know it is easy to say but believe me.i went through a lot to get pregnant.Depressed and I used to cry all the time.Finally i decided I am not going to get pregnant and stopped thinking.Then this happened.I conceived my first kid with just one folicle.Doctor said no hope this time also.but it happened.so try to relax a lot.try to do some exercise and yoga and all to relax.take a vacation or something and see.some times it takes lot of time and some times it wont.but this happened to lot of people.i came from a family with lot of kids and it happened to me too.hope this helps a little bit dear.All the best.

8. saramah

saramah New IL'ite

motility problem

friends, i have been married since 2 yrs, no kids so far, we have been trying for the same, came to know that my husbands count was less, with some medication, it was increased, but there is motility problem, is there any medicine for motility problem, or only IUI is the best option, we are in treatement, they have done daily scan for me and adivced to have contact on specific date, we had as adviced,i believe we will pushed towards IUI, just want to know do we need to get admitted in hospital for IUI, how abt the pain, how much time will it take to get one IUI completed, also apprx cost for the same, pls share the details.

9. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Dear Saramah,
    I have seen the same question of your under other thread... Anyways i am pasting the same reply which i posted... regarding IUI procedure...

IUI is a simple procedure. Once your hubby gives his SM, you may need to wait for 1 hr to get the laboratory procedures... And once the Washed Sperm is ready they will inform you.
    U will be made to lye down and they will inject this after wash sperms to your uterus. This takes hardly 5 min , you may feel some minor cramp thats it... After this they will ask you to lye down comfortably for another 30 min or 1 hr...Thats it..
    Good Luck...:thumbsup

10. saramah

saramah New IL'ite

thanks sharu, i was really worried whether they will ask me to get admitted, i believe i will starting my IUI in week or two.