Trying to conceive is frustrating!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sophiebaggio, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Sophiebaggio

Sophiebaggio Senior IL'ite

I am trying to conceive for almost a year.Taking fertility treatment for 9 months.every month i get a negative test bfn its such a heartbreak.And being in a society like ours where all elders in the family ask us about this,and our relatives who get married after us get pregnant, I wonder how people trying for many years cope up with all this.I forgot my smile these days.And the worst part is answering your mother in law every month.!

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Sophie, I have been there n suffered it all. All I want to say is, stop responding to people around who ask you such personal questions. If it's a far off relative, who questioned you just out of the blue, just smile and say, we haven't yet planned. But relatives who get too nosy and pests you need to give a more curt reply. As far as mil asking you question every month, you need to tell her to ask her son, as it takes two to tango. Give a very wicked smile later on, this should shut her up for a while.

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Be bold @sophiebaggio ,Its just a year since you have planned.You must be mentally prepared to face people comments and questions. Just tell them you have not actually planned yet and will surprise them one day .Tell your MIL that you'll definitely tell her if there is any positive sign,hope she understands from that. You can tell your husband that you are not comfortable about his mother's anxiety. Keep yourself happy and positive,because that is also an important factor for conceiving.

Be positive..We are sure to get a happy news from you soon :2thumbsup:

4. Sophiebaggio

Thanks jaden and bhagya :)trying to calm down myself and ignore people around!

5. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Yes sophie. Try to ignore others. Outside people will ask without knowing how other person would react . No need to answer for them. In my case i have stopped going to meet relatives/functions. not telling you to do same. In my case my parents it self wont support. So stopped worrying about them. So avoid all those which worries you and all the best to your ttc.

6. Sophiebaggio

@waiting4rmlong Thanks a lot.the only place i share my problems is in forums like this.and it gives me peace of mind:)