1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Troubled

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by parvathi1980, Jan 7, 2018.

1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I guess it is difficult for me to convince other people that i am in a difficult situation. So i will just leave it. I doubt even counselling will help since they will just say I am overreacting. So no point. Please close this thread. More painful to keep on writing and explaining. Thanks everyone for the help. I will try to be positive.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Oh dear...
    Your each and every post clearly say that you are in a difficult situation. That's why many of us suggested you to seek professional help.
    Besides, you should let the professional counselor decide what therapy is best for you. Don't jump to conclusion that they don't see your problem.
    No one is telling you that you are overreacting. You are being honest about what you feel.
    What you feel is highly influenced about your thought process. I say, you are being negative here.
    And being negative may be a result of how your mind adjusted with whatever the past trauma.
    You have a history of being neglected and rejected, so it is obvious that your mind is hurt.
    Now that, you are dwelling in that, and unable to balance your life style.
    It is a sense of feeling useless. Perhaps, low self esteem, feeling low... you name it.
    But you shouldn't battle this on your own. You should seek professional help to come out of it.

Perhaps the people in your past were mean/bad or whatever.
    But that experience should not stop you from interacting with new people in your life.
    You should not continue to feel isolated, and neglected wherever you go to.
    Nothing should stop you from moving from your past, and to find like minded people as friends/relatives/peers or whatever in your present life.

If you continue to feel everyone around you are bad, and everyone around you are neglecting you... then perhaps the problems lies with you.
    I mean, the problem lies with the way you relate with the people. Better you check this with a counselor and see.

parvathi1980 likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

No...you should seek counselling because they should understand what you are thinking .

Either ways writing about it is also helpful.
    You need not take others opinion to heart.
    Just think of it as unburdening and venting.

parvathi1980 likes this.
  4. redorange

redorange Senior IL'ite

You can rewire your brain. Keep a target of making small conversations with every single person you meet.

The targets are:
    1. Make eye contact with 5 new people everyday.
    2. Notice the color of their eye and some characteristics of the eye.
    3. Ask them about how their day is going. Your goal is to continuously talk to them for at-least 5 mins.

Keep talking and getting to know every single person you meet till it becomes a daily habit.

Another technique is to imagine a favorite character that you admire. It could be a movie character or from a book or in real life. Imagine you are that person and get into character. If they were in your place how would they act? And then act that way. Slowly you will get their personality and your life would change. After a while you will be shocked at how much you changed from your old self.

parvathi1980 and BhumiBabe like this.
  5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your responses. I am ok in conversing when the situation is informal. But in formal situations I am a total waste. I completely lose confidence. I hate formal gatherings of any sort where you have dress up and behave like a pretentious jerk. This is what is expected if you want to be a part of any group these days.

Secondly...problem with my parents and sibling. I thought about it. I also considered that I may be overreacting. But this time when I told my mother of some issue I had with my sister. My mom agreed that my sister was wrong. Then I don't know what discussion she and my sister had but both mother and daughter were defending the indefensible. They teamed up against me. My sister sat locked up inside the room trying to provoke me and succeeded. Because as a human one can't stand being treated like this. I have observed that whenever I have said something about some relative to my mother she has happily gone nd forwarded that to the said relatives. She seems to like creating a conflict. I have started hating her. The issue with my sister turned into something that has finished my relation with her. Would not have happened if my mother had handled things better. I am not crazy. My mother is not a normal person. I have realized that.

Now they want to come here. I don't know what new drama that woman is going to do. They will be staying with my sister for 3 months and then they want to come here. After all that they have done they think they will be welcome here. My gut feeling is something is not right.

Counselling...Yes I need. Anyone would need if you are born to a mother like mine. But tough to find a good one where I live. Let's see.