Trisomy 21 with 1:78..how risky is for baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Dinkar, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Dinkar

Dinkar New IL'ite

My wife 28 years old in 1st trimester (12 weeks prego, 1st timer)..y'day Double screen test was done in Apollo, Hyderabad and Trisomy21 report came as 1:78 which is not normal cut-off (1:250). Please suggest what should we do... My wife has epilepsy from last 4 years and she is having Oxytel (500 mg). Pls suggest earliest,

2. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

I think the doctor would suggest invasive testing CVS or aminositis..best is to check with doctor..for many ppl i have heard that after CVS it became clear that their baby didnt have down syndrome..

all the best..dont worry..

3. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

It is little bit high risk but it does not mean that there is definetly something wrong 1:75 means the probability that out of 75 one baby will have a problem and its random so don't lose your heart .. Go ahead for cvs ., cvs is done after 12 weeks unlike amino which is done after20 weeks .. Cvs does pose a risk for miscarriage

4. Dinkar

Dinkar New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.
    Dr. asked us to go for Quadrpule on 15th Feb, which will be 15 weeks 4 days.
    I would also like to mention that during ultrasound (11 weeks 4 days) everything reported normal.

5. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Very happy to hear this .. Everything will sail smooth.. I wish your wife a very happy pregnancy and safe delivery

6. Dinkar

Dinkar New IL'ite

Quadrpule result came it is now 1:102 which is still shows some risk. But my personal opinion is I dont trust this report. Ultrasound report shows 100% perfect child growth. Dont want to visit doctor in Apollo again. But seems I am trapppped under their shell.

7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

One of my relative was under same confusion, they continued their pregnancy as per dr advise being baby is good in ultrasound. Now baby is 1 1/2 year, she is absolutely fine. I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

8. Dinkar

Dinkar New IL'ite

Mehana thanks for your reply. such +ve comments really gave us confidence. We are also mentally ready to continue with pregnancy. Many old Dr. says that multiple screening too much technology is now a days just for makng money.

9. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

I believe u have done nt scan along with quadruple blood test. Nt scan will give u a clear picture if ultrasound and nt scan and ultrasound is normal then there is nothing to worry about

10. Dinkar

Dinkar New IL'ite

NT Scan Ultrasound was done in 11 weeks 4 days. And it was normal.

1 person likes this.