Trip to rome, venice, and pisa with 2 years old baby

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Girijaraman, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Girijaraman

Girijaraman New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    Next month we are planning to visit rome and venice and nearby places for 5 days. we have a plan to book an appartment or suite, so that we can cook paruppu satham for 2 years old. we are vegetarians, need suggestions about indian restaurant and grocessory shopping, and things needed to carry from brussels. Anybody who lives in rome or nearby places help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Girijaraman

Girijaraman New IL'ite

okay, i dont see any replies here. very disappointed.

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Check out
    Vegetarian Restaurants Italy - Health Food Stores by HappyCow for vegetarian restaurants...they have listings of places all around the world...sometimes the listing is only annorganic supermarket (if the townnis really small).

Italian cuisine has a fair number of vegetarian dishes...if you don't want togo to a restaurant which offers both veg/non veg...the produce is fresh and you can cook for yourselves. If you want only Indian food then you can also look up Indian grocery stores near our hotel and buy froZen packs etc. Check if the apartment has a microwave...some places come with small electric stoves only

4. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi girija,

Nice to know that u will be travelling to Rome, venice and Pisa and other places. We had been there in 2010, my kids were not even an year(they were 10-11 months). Still we managed, we r also pure vegetarians. For adults bread, MTR ready to eat packets, tamarind rice powder packets were really handy. For kids u get packed mashed fruits for kids in Italy and all over the world also. Those r really helpful. infant Milk also u get ready to drink, just open the seal, pour it and have. Bread, biscuits with water / milk also can be given. ur kid being 2 years u will have more options like cornflakes, museli etc. fruits r the best options.

When we travelled to france and switzerland, we had taken a small electric rice cooker (which i bought it in Italy only) was very useful for paruppu sadham and other stuff. These suites had a small kitchen with electric stove and microwave oven also.

Rome will be having Indian restaurants and grocery stores. Venice is slightly impossible, the city itself is small and it is a city in water. Pisa u have these bangladeshi's grocery store where u get all indian stuff. Next to the railway station itself in the shopping complex itself u have the store.

Rome u need to be very careful of pickpockets. (luckily i found out when the lady next to me was about to put her hand in my handbag).

Hope u have got the required information.

shara

5. Girijaraman

Girijaraman New IL'ite

Thank you teacher and chithirainilavu for ur replies. i will post my exp once i finished the trip.