1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tree of Love

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by lovelyme, Dec 11, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

When I was hardly one year old my Amma's elder brother died in an accident and the family of him got separated from us and then came the years of high intensity rivalry. Our aunt filed a case against my grandmother for property and no way the rivalry came to an end over the years:bonk. My Amma and her sisters supported their second elder brother as he took care of the big family after the demise of his elder brother:clap.
    This drifted the families once again and the rivalry was grown in to a big tree rooted far deeply for over twenty five years. In this condition I married my murai paiyyan (ie, son of my Amma's second elder brother four years ago:exactly:). But I always wanted to have all my relatives with me and I promised myself to bring back the families together. So I talked about that to my hubby and I understood that he too secretly wished that to happen. With some effort I got the contact numbers of my cousins and began to talk to them.
    Then I asked my hubby to talk to my cousin and he did and slowly the ice started to melt. At the same time I didn't want to involve the elders in this matter because I was afraid that sometimes it may affect their ego. Since they are elders I decided to leave them to stick to their ego but started to work on the younger generation of my family:shhh:.
    Three months before my cousin got his baby boy 7 years after their marriage and I decided to utilize this chance to bring my hubby and my cousin a bit more closer. I made my hubby to call my cousin and he was almost in tears. Without the knowledge of the older generation of my family my hubby visited and blessed the baby on his day of baptism:).
    I know I didn't do the right things according to my elder family members and I know what would happen if they come to know about this one day. But I am very that one day the tree of rivalry will fall down at least in the generation of my kid and thus will blossom a tree of love... unfading love:)...

sindmani, mohana, SriVen and 2 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That was a wonderful thing to do. Elders as you say may have their ego issues, and not everything they say or do is necessarily right. What better way of getting them together than have the children nudge them closer together again! Wish all of you many happy years together and hope your dream comes true. :-D

sindmani and lovelyme like this.
  3. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you so very much for your FB Satchi dear. I was not even aware that my write up had been posted cuz I had been facing some serious troubles as I was trying to post it.