1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Treat Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by swasal, Jun 25, 2015.

1. swasal

swasal Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am 40 years old. In the recent blood test my cholesterol & LDL are high ( just above the normal range). No medicines prescribed. Can you give me a sure-shot home remedy to reduce it. Thank you in advance.

2. Brinthaa

Brinthaa New IL'ite

In take of garlic will help to reduce the bad cholesterol...

3. swasal

swasal Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Brinthaa... how should i take it ?!

4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

My dad has been drinking 2-3 glasses of green tea everyday. After 6 months cholesterol levels are in control.

You can try this, but try to drink consistently.

1 person likes this.
  5. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

I started to drink methi seed water to (1) control high sugar in blood and (2) to control high colester. I will soak a teaspoon of methi seeds in 4-5 tablespoons of water in the night and will drink water on empty stomach in the morning. Within first week itself my blood sugar came down to normal level. And within 15 days I started to loose belly fat. I drank this water daily for three months.

I have not yet gone for another test for colesterol though. But definitely I am feeling light and healthier.

1 person likes this.
  6. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear OP

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]TakeGarlic more in your food, especially small sized ones (not the bigone). Tak[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]eCinnamon powder in warm water. IncludeFlax seeds in your food. If your triglycerides are also high then you modify your food accordingly. Look for more fiber rich food. Include lots of Vegetables and Fruits. [/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  7. Brinthaa

Brinthaa New IL'ite

U can add garlic to the food items you prepare...

I generally eat slightly roasted (Without oil in direct flame) garlic in empty stomach everyday morning..

8. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Mine is a similar but a little different story... my Triglycerides shot up to around 250, while 200 is max to be. So, I have changed my food first. Moved to fat free milk, no sugar black coffee or just tea with fat free milk. No salt in any food beyond what was added during the cooking(including no salt in curd rice). No sweets(but ate sweet fruits etc as usual). Tried to use stairs instead of lift/elevator. Tried to walk for short distance needs(not walking as an exercise per se). Tried to do some activity as a part of my routine life(like doing vacuuming, bit gardening etc). All together.. I was able to manage my Triglycerides to 180 and I am happy to do my activity better.
    So, dont attempt big and fail.. try to make very DOABLE and moderate changes in your diet and activity, over a period of time, you find what you want.. Good luck.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

For just borderline elevations the doctors in my area only advise increasing exercise.

10. swasal

swasal Bronze IL'ite