1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with 6.5 months baby to India in emirates

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shrutimanjunath, Aug 26, 2014.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

im in travelling with my family( my son will be 6.5 months old) to India by emirates.

We are travelling from Houston to Dubai to bangalore.

As my son is above 6 m already, there is a seat booked for him and we won't be getting bassinet.

What kind of clothes should he be wearing in flight? How many layers of clothing is required.

What at all things are required in flight. We are carrying an infant car seat and stroller.

Pls ils give tips to travel with this infant in emirates.

Moderators. Pls feel free to move this thread to another section if needed.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shruti,

Bassinet is very helpful for the babies of your DS's age.

Bassinet is provided to babies who are below 2 years, the seat is given to toddlers who are above 2 years. You may want to check with the airlines please.

4. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

If you have already booked a seat for him then it will be very comfortable for you guys. Car seat is recommended and is useful for short flights but I don't think it will be very comfortable during long flight as it will give you very less space to stretch around. From my experience, travelling light is the best whenever you are travelling with kids. Take a back pack instead of a carry on bag-diaper bag and your purse etc. In a back pack, have 3-4 pairs of clothes for your son, 2 pair extra for yourself (in case he spits up on you etc), 15-20 diapers, travelling size wipes, changing mat (or you can use a receiving blanket), burp clothes (2-3), baby's comforter, baby's activity toys ( 1-2 small toys without battery and much noise- rattle or something like that or a small book with bright pictures) to keep baby occupied. If you take teething toys then don't choose the teethers filled with gel as they may not allow through security or it will take time as they do further inspection for such things.

If you are not breastfeeding then take bottles and powdered formula. Air hostesses will provide you hot water to mix the formula. If you are breast feeding then keep some snack for yourself to munch on during layovers and in case of delays. I have traveled though Qatar and they take stroller at the gate and you get it back at your destination. I am not sure about Emirates, check with them and if they take the stroller then having baby carrier will help you a lot.

5. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Oh I forgot to add about dressing. He is not mobile yet so you can just make him wear Sleep N' Play from here. When you are about to reach Banglore, you can put nice clothes on him and dress him up nicely. Enjoy your trip to India, have a safe journey.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Emirates is very good, even in economy, so don't worry. I didn't think the plane was too cold or anything when I travelled with them. They are very helpful if you call them on the phone so do try that also.

7. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

In Dubai they give a stroller free, so that should be good.

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Basinet is available for up to 2 years old kid though it will be on first come first serve basis. You will need to let team know during check-in.