Travelling with 4 month old to US - Suggesstions needed

Discussion in 'Travel' started by anjananathan, May 20, 2014.

1. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Hi ,
    I would be travelling with my baby around July first week or mid to US. My baby would be 4 months by that time. I have travelled before to US but not with baby. So advices needed on baby front.

Right now I am breastfeeding him (with little bit of formula if needed) but not sure of my supply after 2 months. Below are my queries

1. Right now, I boil water and bring it room temperature to prepare formula. How do i do the same in the flight? Can we take boiled water with us? Will that be allowed in security?
    2. If i buy bottled water, will airlines boil it for me and give it when needed. Is it safe to use bottled water without boiling?
    3. How should i carry the baby formula powder?
    4. How about breastfeeding in flight? What are the accessories i would need to breastfeed him in flight?
    5. If i save some breast milk, how to take the same with me in the flight and maintain the right temperature?

Please share all suggestions/tips that i would need to travel with 4 month baby in flight. My mom will accompany me.

Thanks
    Anjana

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

[below are my response.

QUOTE=anjananathan;3264462]Hi ,

1. Right now, I boil water and bring it room temperature to prepare formula. How do i do the same in the flight? Can we take boiled water with us? Will that be allowed in security? you can ask the attendant. They have hot water in flight.

1. If i buy bottled water, will airlines boil it for me and give it when needed. Is it safe to use bottled water without boiling? yes you can buy bottle water after security check in. I am not sure they can boil it but they do have the facility to do so.
    2. How should i carry the baby formula powder? you can carry the formula as is or in small container too.
    3. How about breastfeeding in flight? What are the accessories i would need to breastfeed him in flight? just get a shawl to cover you up. If u need assistance you can ask them. They help all new moms in flight.
    4. If i save some breast milk, how to take the same with me in the flight and maintain the right temperature? Not sure. Hope someone helps.

Please share all suggestions/tips that i would need to travel with 4 month baby in flight. My mom will accompany me.

Thanks
    Anjana[/QUOTE]

3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite