travelling / vacation during the first trimesters

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by farhana, Nov 2, 2014.

1. farhana

farhana Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I've planned for my vacation with my hubby to Turkey on early of Dec. I just found that i'm pregnant of 6 weeks. Doctor said there will be no problem for the trip. But im still worried as i need travel by air for 10 hours to reach Turkey (little cold)

This is my 2nd pregnancy.

Please advice.

Regards,
    Farhana

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

If you've got your doctor's go-ahead, he probably considers your pregnancy a low risk one. So, you can go on and enjoy yourself!

(If this is of any motivation to you - I had a couple of miscarriages - during those pregnancies I was quite cocooned at home. Whereas during my viable pregnancy, I took flights from UK to india and back, had a hectic schedule and huge travel within india too, yet my lovely DD came from that pregnancy.)

have a great trip!

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I had road trips (5-6 hrs) and beach vacation during first trimester with no issue. It helped me to avoid first trimester symptoms so I would say if your DR is ok then go ahead and enjoy your trip.

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All first trimesters are not considered risky, there are so many ladies who do just fine. You are one of them, have a nice safe trip. Try to keep yourself hydrated while on the plane and take frequent works to avoid swelling in your legs(but first trimester may be too early to get swelling)

5. brownmamba

brownmamba New IL'ite

No issues i think,In 7 th week we drove around 800 Km in a day and then made some city tours for 4 consecutive days. My wife's case was similar to Priya4Oct. She did not had any morning sickness and food related issues through out the trip.

Our gyno also said the same.

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations! If your doctor thinks it's fine, it most probably is. I travelled from India to US (13 hrs) during my first pregnancy, I was 9 weeks pregnant. I actually found out in India that I was pregnant. I am 15 weeks pregnant now and in Sep travelled from the US to Australia (20 + hrs in flight). I was 8 weeks pregnant then. Everything went well both times. I have a healthy 2 year old and according to my doc this one is doing well too.

Enjoy!