1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to India in Summer

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by dahlia, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dahlia

dahlia Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I'll be travelling to India with my 18 month baby girl in June. This would be her first trip to India (Hyderabad) and I'm terribly worried about the summer and what the heat would do to my baby. Has anyone travelled to India with a baby in hot summer? If so, could you please share your experiences and tips? should I avoid going in Summer and just wait it out until December?

I'm not planning on shopping or travel anywhere much..so any tips, experiences that you can share would be awesome.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

If you can avoid it then better to go in winters. When my kids were that young we mostly went during colder months . But if you still end up going then make sure that your baby is having filtered water only, no outside food . take cereals from here .all the best

3. ayimo

ayimo Junior IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Don't worry.. Everything will be fine.. I went to India with my 9 month old baby in summer.

I took my baby to the doctor for heat rash. She had this red severe rashes on her neck, face and all exposed regions. Doctor just advised to wash baby in cold water at regular intervals.
    Don't use any medicines in case if heat rash. Use natural sandal paste to give them a cooling effect.
    Just be careful. Don't take your baby outside (after 10 am and before 5 pm) your house for the first few days. Gradually introduce your baby to the outside world.

Enjoy your vacation :)[/JUSTIFY]

4. sruthinaidu

sruthinaidu New IL'ite

If you can avoid, its better. I was just reading yesterday, 4 hour scheduled power cut in Hydera bad and can be more. Why make her suffer if you have the option of going in winter. Best of luck.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

We went to Chennai during April when my DD was 1 yr.During summer children will get diarrhea.So keep your child hydrated and give lots of fluids/juices/smoothies if she is used to it.Also take odomos cream and apply from the very first day of landing.Make sure the house in which you stay has mosquito nets and maintained clean with closed dustbins and stuff like that.If your kid still uses diaper make sure to take enough with them and at hyd leave her withour diaper for sometime or clean those areas with water and wipe them dry instead of using wipes so that she doesnt get rash.Alsk ask your paed for common medicines for travel.Good luck with your trip.

6. dahlia

dahlia Silver IL'ite

Thank you ladies for your suggestions. I really want to go but now I'm freaking out. My baby has never gotten sick, not even a cold so I'm like really scared how his body would react to all the heat and new environment. Any other suggestions and tips would be great.