1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to India in Summer (hot weather)

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by dahlia, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dahlia

dahlia Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I'll be travelling to India with my 18 month baby girl in June. This would be her first trip to India (Hyderabad) and I'm terribly worried about the summer and what the heat would do to my baby. Has anyone travelled to India with a baby in hot summer? If so, could you please share your experiences and tips? should I avoid going in Summer and just wait it out until December?

I'm not planning on shopping or travel anywhere much..so any tips, experiences that you can share would be awesome.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

2. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

I travelled to India with my 1 year old last May. S it was hot and in my city lots of power-cuts too. But I wud say its manageable. We had a converter and power-cut was not an issue. And I never took my son out in the day-time. We used to take him out only in the evenings and we dint go on long trips too. You try to avoid any trips. Just be at home and go shopping in the evenings. I used to give him lots of water, juice and even
    tender-coconut water. And also give her lots of fruits. And also try to avoid Diapers during the day. I used to put him only while he sleeps. And I should say it was a gud trip. I am travelling again in April-May- June this year.

Also make ur girl wear very light cotton clothes.

Dont worry dear. Its not that difficult. Happy journey and enjoy ur stay.

3 people like this.
  3. dahlia

dahlia Silver IL'ite

Thank you Cuteprincess. Puts my mind to ease. What about rainy season? is it okay to go? Any precautions I need to take ?
    I'll be taking usual stuff like mosquito repellants, sunblock, baby tylenol.

4. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

Rainy season wont be a problem too.. Regarding mosquito repellent.. My Dr. in india told to avoid it. So I used mosquito net