1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling India during pregnency with 3years kid

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Swapnadeshmukh, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Swapnadeshmukh

Swapnadeshmukh New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My brother`s marriage fixed in Nov 2013,but my due date is on Jan 31st.I have a kid who is turning 3 on this sep.Is it safe to travel alone with my kid during my 6th month pregnancy? I dont want to miss my bro`s wedding. As i am only girl child to my parents they also want me to attend the wedding,but i am confused can i able to make it all alone? my first kid is very naughty i think i cant manage him alone.If i do not go for marriage they have to postpone it for another 3months which i dont want. Pls suggest me what to do.:bonk

2. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

Hii first of all congratulations on your pregnancy
    Talk to your doctor about the travel first
    Se ondly where are you planning your delivery is it in India?if so travelling in early month would be beneficial..

3. Swapnadeshmukh

Thanks for replying aryshi,we are not planing the delivery in India,i need to come back after the marriage.Its been 4 months only i came back from India,i stayed there for 4 months and we came back on March 2013.Now iam 3months pregnant.

4. Swapnadeshmukh

82 views and nobody has an idea abt this?

5. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Swapna,

Take your doctors suggestion, and go ahead..Talk with your doctor, till what month you can travel etc.
    If you have a chance, travel with a companion, as you are travelling with kid.

6. npri

npri Bronze IL'ite

Swapna,

My condition is the same ... and i am travelling to india by nov 2013 when i am 6 - 7 months along with 3 year old .

I think it should be fine as it will be winter in India and would not be much trouble if you do not travel much in India .

Which part of india you are in ?

7. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I travelled for bill's wedding when I was 5 mnths preggy. It was tiring and I made sure to be careful abt food & water.
    You have a 3 yrs old so you will need all the help you can get. Can you hire a lady to help you with your son during that time. Also is your dh not coming with you? Travelling might not be that bad depending on how good is your son with flights.
    all the best!

8. Swapnadeshmukh

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will take my doc`s advise and proceed further.