Travelling during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Suhasini123, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Suhasini123

Suhasini123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am pregnant with my first child. Now I am in my first trimester (just entered into my 3rd month). I have no health issues other than mild vomiting and nausea at times. I am working, so I concentrate on so many other stuff rather than thinking too much about pregnancy discomforts, hence I dont feel I have any:)

Here the problem is... I checked my blood sugar level last week... It was just 80 (the range was 80-140). It was not the fasting one, but the one we take 2hrs after having lunch (I guess I did it right).
    Also my Hemoglobin was just 11 (the range was 12-14).. Basically both my blood sugar and HB stands a little lower than it is supposed to be. So, I am (rather my hubby) is worried a bit about it.

Here the problem is... I want to attend my sister's son's b'day party tomorrow.. It is just 3 hr drive by road. When consulted our Gynecological doctor, he advised to go ahead. But we havent had a chance to meet him with the reports last time... Concerning the reports, what you guys think? Shall I proceed tomorrow or wait?

2. miraclemagic

miraclemagic New IL'ite

Hi Suhasini!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! If I were in your place(which I'm praying I would be someday:) ),I would call up my Doc and tell him/her the reports and ask for a go ahead or not. Your Doc should be in the right position to give you the green signal. But personally,I would not go ahead as its always better to err on the side of caution, especially in the first trimester becoz of the road journey. Also, if your husband is a little worried, talk it out with him,ask him what he feels too and then take a call. But do inform your doc reg the report.All the very best!