1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

travelling alone with baby

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinideep, May 14, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I am planning to travel to usa in july through british airways . I will be travelling with my 15 month baby. She is too active and would not sit in a place . Also if she drinks lots of milk. I have some doubts regarding the travel.

1. I am planning to carry two flasks with hot water and 12 bottles for this travel . But I am not sure if flasks with hot water would be allowed. I am sure that the 2 flasks of water will not be enough for the whole journey. But it is mentioned in their site that sterile water will not be available for baby ( on board )
    I am worried about the water . How will I make sure to get boiled water for baby.

2. My baby takes ceralac as solid food .So can I take small packs of celerac in small ziplock bags for the travel. Or should I take the whole cerelac sealed pack as such

3. I am not sure if I will get bassinet .Is it first come first serve basis? If my flight is from Bangalore , if I ask for seat with bassinet , will I get it for whole journey ?

4. I am planning to take stroller . I am not sure if my baby will sit in that as she gets fussy sometimes. Is it good to take stroller . What was your experience

5. I am wondering how persons travelling with babies will for restroom ?

6. Will there be a diaper change room

I went in flight from Bangalore to goa when baby was 9 months old. While going to goa she cried her heart out. She made such a noise for 20 mins and then slept for few mins. While coming back she did not make such noise but did not want to sit in one place. I am wondering how will I travel alone with such active baby.

I am planning to take 1 new toy , 2 board books . Any other suggertions .
    Please share your experience when travelling alone

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You can buy bottled water after security. There are plenty of ready made baby foods (also cereals) that you can buy and ask the flight personal to warm up. A child at that age can eat same food as adults mostly. Stroller is a good option if you need to walk long distances. Practice now by taking her for long walks. I took my babies with me to the restroom. If they are old enough to stand I kept them standing next to me, if smaller baby then some acrobatics required keeping them in lap while doing your thing

3. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

is flask with hot water not allowed inside cabin?