1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

TRAVEL DIARIES continued- Kri

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kri, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kri

kri New IL'ite

விளாம்பழம் was the topic of discussion.
    Grandma near me started giving tips regarding various recipes that can be done with the fruit.
    First one was regarding how to make rasam with the skin.
    Grandma said we have to just sprinkle the skin ground into fine pieces into the rasam so that we will get a very unique flavor.
    But the aunty gave us the fruit told that skin should be cooked in the rice cooker along with Daal so that it will become soft. And aunty was mentioning that no one knows about these fruits now days. And she also added that when she was young she ate so many kinds of diet that actually is helping her now days.
    Second one was to mix sugar with the fruit and eat it as a whole. Grandma added that one should eat a fruit as a whole without sharing, and then only the medicinal effect of fruit can be experienced fully
    Then the topic shifted on நாவல்பழம். And Grandma’s experience in Kuttralam falls.
    Happa!!!!!
    I should really say… from that moment on I started thinking… we ve gone far away from natural things we are now in a world of “ Ready to Eat”.
    Time rolled by with all those discussion and I got down the train bidding farewell to all the
    Characters in my play...hoping I will meet them in any of my journey ahead.
    Journey never ends right??!
    :)

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Yeah journey never ends and in my journies I have met and mingled with my fellow travellers.
    But never have I met a single person a second time in another journey, may be the world is too big..
    or may be we are destined to meet only for a few hours.Isnt it mysterious how we meet some people whom
    we would have never ever met unless we had took that journey?

3. kri

kri New IL'ite

yeah..
    mysterious and as it was said in a movie..
    "its the forces of destiny that brings people together"

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed the Travel Diary through your eyes ! Your journey was quite interesting throughout. Maybe you were all there in the same compartment to give each other company. All actors and part of the same play, like you said.

5. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi kri
    Enjoyed your blog........This topic is so much interesting.I also often think about the same.In our train journeys We became friends with in a short while and behave as a unit together.There is no hope even to meet one person again during the life time.In this selfish world it often amazes me.
    There are also incidents in which these meetings changed into life long friendship.I think all these meetings are also predecided.
    with regards
    Meenu