Travel –a Trainer

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Anusowmyan, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

A step out from home is a step towards knowledge.

Travelling within the country or travelling to a foreign land, the ultimate pleasure is beyond words. A school excursion is the first travel without parents, being casual with friends and teachers teaches us to mingle with others.

Family outings take us to the next level of knowing and understanding people and their likes and dislikes. Travel is a medium to learn and discover new areas of interest. Travel provides a way to novel thinking and leads to imaginations and creativity.

Hobbies likes photography and paintings gain a lot of depth and clarity with travel. Exposure to fresh climate conditions, food and language, dressing sense and lifestyle methods enhance and boost one’s energy levels.

*Travel creates a break from the routine and feeds with wholesome nourishment.

*Travelling through Hills, highways in a car, train or bus, the excitement that runs within is quite enjoyable. Breath of fresh air is a boon.

*Meeting new people and getting to know their customs and culture is a learning experience.

*The flora and fauna adds more colour to travel expedition.

*Travel instils enthusiasm to look around for more information and ideas.

*Let the travel be solo or in groups, travel presents us new challenges and helps to gain more knowledge.

Thyagarajan, periamma, kkrish and 2 others like this.

2. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

I had been keen to travel when I was hot-blooded young. In this tepid-blooded age, those former trips are evocative of spontaneity in the youth with not much planning but a bag of chips and water bottle. Back then, I was moved by Montaigne's prodigious undertaking to document his reflective nature on every chanced observation. I too will explore the world in its diversity.

'Traveling through the world produces a marvelous clarity in the judgment of men. We are all of us confined and enclosed within ourselves, and see no farther than the end of our nose. This great world is a mirror where we must see ourselves in order to know ourselves. There are so many different tempers, so many different points of view, judgments, opinions, laws and customs to teach us to judge wisely on our own, and to teach our judgment to recognize its imperfection and natural weakness.'

Even with my engorged zeal, I could only explore the vicinity. I abandoned my Montaigne inspired wayfaring in lieu of travel documentaries.

But that insight of "teach our judgement to recognize its imperfection and natural weakness" is unfailing. Our own oddities soften in that expanse of human culture. I might be the shortest in Latvia but the tallest in Benin. Travel is the normalizer to gloss over our shortcomings and vulnerability in that multiplicity of distinguishing norms too brazen in one culture but too humdrum for another.

Rightly put, indeed a learning experience.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing your views.