1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travails Of A Taunted Tenant

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ahoy! Timely blurt that she in one of the Wodehousian fleas. That explains everything ...her writing ...her flavorous sense of reflection and tipsy alliteration.

I was talking to a friend and vaguely confiding to her: There's a community, slightly quirky and bravely stylish with funny ramblers ..dare you slight them as writers ... I noticed something odd as in mutual oddness about the folksy tribe there ...certain lively vocabulary .. we are all scattered across ages and tastes but some of us have more in common than with others ..I wonder what is that ...

I must call her back and inform her on this revelation. Of course, that is elementary in hindsight, such sensory vibes are the wont of only the Plum's Club.

knbg likes this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Not being a member of WhatsApp family group and having changed residences frequently, many times i come to know about the death of some not so close relatives, through this obituary column. though those who may have kicked the bucket may have crossed their 80s and 90s,still the photo shots that adorn such columns are those taken when they were hale and healthy. this way it is easy to recognize them.
    Only in Hindi movies you can see long lost siblings catching up their dear ones, with one good old song.very funny!

i am happy that now I find a place in the league of PGW and his likes, thanks to enthusiastic people like Iravathi and you. Like the MSV fans club who take up every other song of MSV, decades old, analyzing it systematically and coming out with astounding range of ragas, it contains, this Iravathi has the extraordinary ability to analyze snippets just like a diamond appraiser and come out with outstanding results.

Thank you cheeniya sir, for all the encouragement and appreciation you are giving to ordinary writers like me and I hope to maintain the high standards set down by PGW!

Regards,

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Dear Agatha,

As I tend to banter reckless and derail an inviting thread with my wayward musings, I stifle my excitement unfairly so as not to fracture the thread with my self-indulgent ramble. But, after reading your latest response I need to violate my self-imposed rule to convey to you that I feel strange about not knowing you despite having so much passive affection for you and your writing.

Also, I don't want to come across overclapping only to our mutual interests though every part of me wants to scream aloud: how did I not intercept earlier. More than a befitting reciprocation to your kind words, treat this follow-up as a prodigal realisation that certain violations are necessary even though they apparently reek of customary trafficking in undue admiration because there's no modest expression for latent fondness but only expulsion of such affection loud.

I have always felt a certain attraction to the writings of Cheeniya, Kamla and you. Why? Fluency cannot be methodically injected but can only be wholesomely represented. The salient feature in all your writings is that inimitable fluency which binds and glides in your writing.

Diamond appraisers hold a narrow expertise but the foundry workers, and their cast irons, are legitimate and accomplished in their own right because of their durable and indispensable craft. The glittery diamond is paraded occasionally for style and glamour but that humble and enduring cast iron endears us more. Women tend to dignify these heirloom cast iron tumblers in the house more than the diamond studs. Therefore, I rank sustainable traits like fluency, concession, evocative turn of phrases higher than any startling vocabulary.

Again, my interaction and reflection isn't about your immediate write-up but my wider stake out on you since I stumbled on your name for the first time. Her writing is fluent and elegant and smooth and very much like that of Cheeniya and Kamla and their like.

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Iravathi,

You somehow remind me of my English lecturer, who used to teach Shakespear in a most interesting way, but we instead of grasping the nuances of the subject used to admire her graceful dance movements( she was a performing BN dancer) along with her colorful accessories and her fashion quotient, with a result that I just scrapped through my university exams with a CPlus.

I make this comparison because I am completely besotted by your style of writing and fail to comprehend the meaning behind your FB. Cheeniya Sir, Kamala are all super moderators, who have been the pillars of this IL community for a very long time, and I nowhere come near them, in comparison with their high standards. Thank you for your boundless affection and for putting me on a high pedestal!

Agatha83