1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Transition?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 12, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

True. There were times when people were pressed for money and had a big family.To raise children and educate them itself was a big job. Now most of us have enough money, small family and long life. We have more time to talk about religion, debate on religious Vs spiritual.We have too many communications through media creating awareness about spirituality.Even youngsters in their 20s talk many things about real Vs fake gurus, and discuss on spirituality.It is evident there is more awareness about spirituality.But that has not resulted in proportionate transformation in perception, conception and character formation. Comparativly 'karma marga ' with essential character building seems to be better than mere acquisition of spiritual knowledge without proper application.

Jayasala 42

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sats
    Good question.

One day I realized that I did not own any top in green and decided that on the next shopping trip I should get one. Since then, everyone seemed to be wearing green.
    Is it true? Nope. It is just I who was seeing green, the color. (No reference to the monster's eyes)

Nowadays what I see where I live are walls, walls everywhere. The current govt. shutdown is affecting us many ways and everyday my prayers are for those 800,000 workers who did not recive their last paycheck.
    That is predominant on my mind. So my mind, brain, and therefore eyes are blind to everything else.

With the advent of the new year, everyone wants to turn over a new leaf. This could be a reason for the deluge of messages in FB, whatsapp, and other media.

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is yet another nice brooding by you madam sister about measurement of time under expansion and in shrinking stage.
    2. The concept of time value differs from person to person. 3. For Sprinter P T Usha 1/100 th OF a second IS IMPORTANT and valuable because that is the quantum of time by which she lost the Olympic' s medal. For others it may be nothing.
    4. While lover in the rendezvous awaiting fiancee every second grows into a minute and every waiting minute expands to an hour.
    6. The English bard William Shakespeare put it succinctly as under:
    Pleasure and action make the hours seem short.”
    7. Have you ever been enjoying yourself to realize that hours have passed by in what seems to have only been a short time? Being busy and engaging in pleasurable activities infuses one with energy that seems to make time stand still.
    8. I have born 74 years 5 months ago but it looks as if I have landed only recently here. That is perhaps I feel I think am young and so I am . 9. But all chronometres measure same quantum of time but through different process.
    10. Ok. How spirituality brought into picture intercepting the discussion about flying time. How are they connected or related?Generally it is observed spiritual goal or process of its attainment all comes to mind only after person spent most of his productive life .
    11. I enjoyed reading incisive analysis of the concept by other respondents here and I feel indebted to them for imparting knowledge by their cogent response.
    Regards.
    God Bless those who value their and others' time.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You are very right Mami. India has had a very strong spiritual foundation. However, like you say, it has receded over the centuries. Today, one comes across more and more people who are trying to seek out something beyond the day to day material existence.

5. satchitananda

Dear CS,

6. satchitananda

7. satchitananda

Hi Kamala,

Now you have given me a lot of food for thought. I don't think I will be done with all that thinking any time soon! :smile:

kkrish likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the response Sir.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda
    Lot of food can land you in indigestion and it cannot be easily cured.

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

I believe human consciousness doesn't require transitioning. It is already fully aware. It is the mind that keeps us in time and space spectrum and when you reach higher Satwic qualities, it helps us to reach our blissful consciousness which has no time of space limits.

It is the mind's perception that time is long or short depending on what we do. If one hour appears long sometimes and short another time, apparently it is the mind that projects it long or short depending on the situation.

Viswa