1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Transition?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 12, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

We are into the new year and 2 weeks of the 52 have already flown by. Every Sunday is a day of mourning because the next day is the start of a new week of work, but before one knows it, it is Friday evening already.

Each day flies by and before one says 'Jack Robinson' it is time to snuggle under the blanket and go jet setting through the stars. No matter whether one has a lot to do or nothing at all, time still flies. Have my perceptions changed? Am I struggling to keep up with time? In my younger days time weighed heavily on my hands. There was so much to do, but even so, time dragged. I was constantly 'bored'.

Is it a matter of perception? Of enjoying just 'being' today than 'having to do' what one 'had to do' in one's youth and childhood? Or is time really going faster?

If it is the latter, what is going on? Book after book, video after video about time and various spiritual dimensions say that time is relative. What might be a fleeting second in another dimension stretches out in this. There was also a lot of stuff in the first decade of this century that was going around, about ascension - the consciousness of human beings transitioning to another dimension. Could it mean that this is indeed happening and hence time seems to go faster?

I remember my mom saying that people were getting more religious as we went deeper into Kaliyuga. I used to scoff at the idea because for me 'religious' did not equate with 'spiritual' growth. Today however, I see the spiritual awareness of people really rising. There are a number of spiritual gurus (yes, genuine ones), not necessarily all of them fake. It gives hope that we might be going in the right direction after all.

This might sound like another ramble, but I can't help wonder. Or is this again wishful thinking?

Amica, iyerviji, Thyagarajan and 7 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

I believe time and space are perception of the mind. That is why Einstein said, "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute". In a higher realm, time and space doesn't exist.

Regarding the spiritual growth on the rise in the world, it depends on what your mind is seeking. As a young man, when I visited the snake park in Adyar, I didn't see any snake. When the maintenance guy picked up a few from the empty pit, I couldn't see nothing but snake everywhere. Perhaps, you are looking for spirituality and you come across many who are truly spiritual. :)

Viswa

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

If we look from the practical side of it, there is a huge market for supplying spiritual Jyana. A vast majority of people are uneducated. Those educated have no time to read the Vedic Granthas or Bible or Kuran or anything. Those who somehow find time to read, have difficulty in understanding the import. All of these people would make almost 99.999999% of the population. They are however curious to know partly because they are sincere and party because they think they will find some solace and a way out to get away from their bad luck and mishaps. They want an abridged form, in simple words and quick solutions. Here comes the role of Gurus, Priests, Namazies and others. The smarter one can market their form of knowledge and understanding of the spiritual texts in simple and day to day speaking language. The demand is there. If one markets well, he or she will get huge audiences and of course Dakshina.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I too feel at present people are searching more for spiritual knowledge , not only in India but in western country too. Hope they get the answers for all their philosophical queries and find peace .

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

6. satchitananda

True, there are many people who are frauds and try to fleece gullible people of money. But I am sure there are a handful of highly evolved souls too. The challenge is to try to separate the wheat from the chaff. That is why it is so difficult to find a genuine Guru to guide one.

As for reading the scriptures, I wish I could read all of them and understand them in the original. However, since Sanskrit has been wiped off the boards of most schools, it is indeed a tall order. What is the next best? To read commentaries by scholars and experts. However, just reading does not suffice. One can try and interpret the meaning for oneself, which is definitely most desirable, but it is also important to have many perspectives to finally make some sense of it all. And just knowledge in Rajaji's words is 'useless tinsel' unless one is able to experience and realize some of what is being said.

Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  7. satchitananda

Totally agree with you. Yes, it is amazing how many of people in the West sincerely look for knowledge here and make more sense of it than we do. They are willing to go up and down the country in search of gurus, find their answers. The problem with most of us is we stick to the security of our daily lives and make little attempt to go seeking for that which we want to know and experience.

Thyagarajan, HariLakhera and sindmani like this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    No need for us senior citizens to mourn on Sundays as each day of the week is holiday for us. No hurry burry, and no deadline tasks.
    As Mr Viswa said time and space are perception of the mind. When I took VR my colleagues told me that I would regret later because I would feel bored sitting at home.

spiritualism was prevalent in our country from time immemorial and was subdued after Mughal invasion. Adhi Sankara, Ramanuja and Madwa had also had contributed a lot to spiritualism.

I believe spiritualism has got nothing to do with age or ones financial status.
    PS

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    I do not know about the people in general but it is rising in IL with people of Viswa prying our inner eyes open.
    Why Jack Robinson? Why not Venkataraman or Sivasailam? Days in any case will fly by no matter what name you associate its flying to.
    I am so happy that my tribe is increasing like that of Abou Ben Adam!
    Sri

sindmani, kkrish and satchitananda like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

Quite a ramble there on time! I am not sure if time is flying or if we are - reaching different levels of thinking than ever :) You know it is the same earth, sun and moon doing their dance but like you mentioned, perhaps the awareness is increasing. While our ancestors were privy to this kind of knowledge, there were more pressing issues like food, water and shelter. I think our advancements in other areas has helped us also look a little more inward than the previous generations. If you asked them, perhaps they had times when time seemed to fly for them too! There must be some other intelligence out there and perhaps the perception time for that life form is very different from ours!

Now, we take it upon ourselves to help children feel bored actually!

Perhaps a mix of all that! Enjoy flying with the flying time :) Introspective! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.