1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Transition from career women to housewife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lakshmilife, Feb 7, 2010.

1. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Year 2009 was a great transition year for me, i had a new addition to my family in the form of my second son ,my elder one just 4 year old. I was very clear that my kids would need my undivided attention.I was clear on my priorities and based on that i quit my job.The first step was taken with ease but the real adjustment was later.

Lots of things changed

1) Assigment dead lines are replaced by kids home assignment.
    2) Things to do list are now not of meeting schedules but cleaning ,cooking,feeding
    3) Shopping list doesnot include personal stuff but of grocery items
    4) Paychecks are now in the form of satisfaction of personally grooming kids.

I am talking here of transition in lifestyle i dint face this prior in my life due to support system of my in laws now since settled in Dubai it everything on your own.

I am sure many of my friends here might be facing this transition may be after marriage or after kids.We all can share our apprehensions our feelings and thoughts on this forum.

Looking forward for your feedback:wave:

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lakhmi,
    I am ditto in ur shoes.Quit a high paying IT job last year.Gave birth to my second son and older one too is 4 yrs old!!
    You are absolutely right when u say that the satisfaction we get from looking after our kids is no comparison with any amount of money...
    take care and have fun!
    Deepa

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    Hope you will get signoff for your transition phase. Whatever you wrote is absolutely true!!! The satisfaction levels will be very high if we do some chore for our kids and this is unconditional love.

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am on transition from my high level professional career with UN to house wife life.

It was not an easy decision for a career oriented girl like me, but like every woman, I too feel family life and satisfaction is much more important than a career.

I have already submitted my hand over note and waiting to get my resettlement allowance and return flight ticket to fly home by end of Feb to start my dream life with my DH.

As Laxmi said,

I am going to learn how creatively I can prepare good meals to my DH
    How creatively I can manage my home neately and nicely
    Going to enjoy my TTC period

No dead lines, no meetings, no field trips, no official commitments...Nothing...

Hope life would be cool in this phase too:)

5. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Fulltime moms and housewives,

Cheers to you!

Believe me you will NEVER regret your decision to switch careers. I did it a long time ago. From being a doctor to being housewife and mom. I did it for 8years and now my children are grown and on their own. My sons ask me if I regret having lost promotions and seniority at the work front and my answer to that is " NO ". The bonding with your spouse and children is worth it. You may have to cut down on expenses because of single salary but its only a minor adjustment. You will find your children will grow up to be confident, secure and will be able to cope with stressful situations with ease.

Love,
    Amma15

6. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

woww..... I need to learn from all you ladies here :) [​IMG] ....recently was discussing this with someone... even i am career oriented girl...but family always comes first [​IMG]

7. Vandanaa

Vandanaa New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi
    Ditto ..I am in the same shoes as you are now.Moved to Dubai after resigning my job in IT company.had been in the company for almost 9 years and nice position.When my husband had to move to Dubai for 2 years i had made my decision to resign.My daughter is 4 years now .
    The day i resigned,i handed my ID card and came back home with literally tears in my eyes.My daughter who have the habit of playing with My id card noticed that i am not wearing the ID card and asked about it and she was saying my husband that "Amma is sad because she does not have her ID card"..

Some of the good/happy things i feel after i resign

1.Talk to my kid about her happenings in school as soon as she is back home.When i work and come home late most of the time she will be half sleepy and could not really remember what happened for her day.

2.Prepare Tasty,healthy food..(Thank God no more dreadful maid cook's hard chappathi and big dosas)

3.Nap in afternoon(I really love this)

4.Have more talk to husband on all external and internal affairs (Without just office matters which was never possible when i work as my mind used to be more preoccupied with happenings in office)

Yeah but there are some time when energy level is low think of good old days in office and the nice pay check..It is always """Cat on the wall"""""" thought..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Thanks for sharing all your experiences.I am sure we are lucky ones who have experienced the ups and downs of both working wives and house wife.I would also like to add one more aspect associated with being a house wife I donot want to live a closed lifeas that of other housewives whose world is restricted to grocery list food menus and child rearing only.It would be great if i can stay connected to rest of the world at the same time.

Keep my self updated with world affairs market news films and all my other intrest i donot want to stop growth of the individual that i am.Once you are a housewife people around you start treating you in different way once your kids grow up a working mom is always considered more happening than house wife.Even your spouse might sound different once you are a homemaker.

I would love to have your comments on the same

9. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I agree with your statement, that once you are ate home that does not mean you should confine only to Kids, cooking, but they should develop themselves and know whats happing around them.

10. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Nice topic............enjoyed reading all ur posts ladies:cheers