1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Track Your Daily Calories And Macros !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mon 31st:
    mfp.png

Tue 1st: Cake day. No counting.

justanothergirl likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Lunch and dinner out every day since Mon. This first half of the week is a wash out because of work schedule.
    I am consistently logging 15,000-20,000 steps.
    Today is a new day. Let me try to log it and eat just salad at work and see if I can reasonably track today.

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. justanothergirl

Aug 3rd. No red other than in carbs..which I am not tracking.
    Need to up protein.
    Logged 10,000 steps.

Attached Files:

Gauri03 likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Aug 2nd and 3rd: Pre-logging my meals the night before is helping me eat a lot better.

mfp.png
    mfp1.png

5. justanothergirl

Aug 4.

18,000 steps .

Attached Files:

satchitananda and Gauri03 like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Great! Have been tracking too. Am not too sure how accurate it is, given that I pick up the entry from the list according to whatever feels the closest!

4 Aug 2017.jpg

Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.
  7. justanothergirl

Hey Satchi...welcome to the thread :cheer:! Tracking is noteasy for me too:BangHead:.For the prepackaged items its somewhat better (even that in the US if we weigh the per serving size its often more) .For catered meals at work its getting very difficult . Cant exactly carry around my scale :eek::D. For home cooked I measure the ingredients these days and divide it into N servings. When I cannot find anything and I am in a rush I take the entry that has the highest calories in that category.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    satchitananda and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Gauri03

9. Gauri03

I try to eat my own recipes most of which I've catalogued in MFP over the years. When I eat out I try to log the food but when I can't, I can't. In my experience educated approximations work out just as well. I'm pretty sure even after all the careful measuring and weighing the absolute calorie numbers are grossly inaccurate. In the end only the trend lines matter. Logging consistently is far more important than being accurate. Logging ensures that I stay cognizant of how much I eat. That alone ensures accountability.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot JAG and Gauri. Yes, I have been logging ever since I mentioned it on the lunch thread. Once I started I could not stop. So yes, to that extent I have succeeded. I have lost 7 kgs weight so far, but that is not consistent thanks to my water retention which takes up the weight by about 1-2 kgs within a span of 2 days and then it takes me another 4 days to bring it back to base. But am not complaining. This has been an achievement which I did not think was going to happen. My goal has not been reached. I have to lose at least another 7 kgs. Of course if I listen to my spine surgeon, he'd have me going anorexic!!! :roflmao: Even yesterday he mentioned my 'obesity' which I believe is the case when the BMI is above 30; this was not the case even before I started losing weight. I agree with him to the extent that the lighter I am, the better for my back.

Have decided he is good to visit once a year for a laugh, but nothing more than that - other than a surgery. Not for consultations. Am doing 4-8 kms walking a day as per my capacity. Now it is 'you need to work it up to 10 kms a day!" :-D Oh well, no harm in trying. I know I did it - 12 kms one day - but on a daily basis it is not sustainable for me, unless that is all I do. Oh, last week we went to Jog falls and I went down 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down to the falls after which my legs protested and in the interests of safety (didn't want to be stuck at the bottom and have to be moved back in a helicopter - that would have been an expensive visit indeed!!!), I slowly made my way up again. Was short of time as we were driving back to Bangalore the same day. Had I had more, I know I'd have gone down, rested and then come up again. :)

Shall be grateful if the trend continues this way.

5 Aug 2017.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.